Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EQ & EQ2 Living Legacy : Free til July 25th

Ascendant Ashenhand

Default EQ & EQ2 Living Legacy : Free til July 25th

http://livinglegacy.station.sony.com/

So just for shits and grins... I downloaded the installer, and patched for like 3 hours.

Found my level 61 Monk Bodhidharma sitting in the Plane of Knowledge just where I left him. Took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to get Feign Death back onto my hotbar. Then it took me about 5 minutes to finally ask the Monk channel how in the hell I stood back up after Feign Death. So ummm.. yeah. Not to mention I couldn't figure out why WASD wasn't moving me anywhere. Finally remembered to use the arrow keys.

Looked in my bank... tons of heads and pelts and all kinds of stuff that I have no idea what it was for. Tried to glance at my inventory, totally thrown by having to alt-click or something to bring up a window to see stats... and not remembering a thing about the stats. Was able to click my JBoots though to run around a little.

I don't think there's any way I could ever go back. Not only has EQ changed so much since it's original inception, I've forgotten almost everything I ever knew about it as well.

I did the same, but I decided to twink a character and level him for a bit to get back in the swing of things. Took a while to get used to the UI again and its quirks compared to newer MMO's but I am enjoying playing in the world of Norrath again even if for a short while.

I fired up my old eq2 account which I used for a 2 week trial. Character was still on it and I had 1360 days worth of "account age" for eligible veteran rewards. Been kind of fun actually, not the game I don't remember anything about from 1360 days ago. Old eq1/wow guildies are on the same server so I've been messing around the last few days.

Ascendant Transcendent

Now you've done it ;) I swear I had another couple of cloak of flames to resell.

Quick question then for EQ1, do you still need to keep a character planted online to sell stuff?

Enlightened Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Aamen View Post
    Quick question then for EQ1, do you still need to keep a character planted online to sell stuff?
    Yes

Ascendant Ashenhand

Logged onto my 55 Shaman. Man was that worse than my Monk! I can't tell which spell adds more Agility etc. I've got like Infusion of Spirit, Talisman of Kragg... and I vaguely remember that some combinations were better than others, but it was easier to buff groups with one or something. My gosh.. why doesn't it show like +55 Agility on the spell tooltip? Ripping my hair out! And I can't put my spear onto my hotbar anymore for the clicky DoT?

Ascendant Ashenhand

Heh.. I remember exactly where I logged off my monk for the last time: on top of the gate in West Freeport, watching the sunset.

That's exactly where he'll stay. Some things a person just can't (shouldn't?) go back to.

THe first time I quit, I logged off on that mountain over the giant fort in ...god, i can't remember that zone in Kunark's name [*EDIT* I looked it up...Frontier Mountains].... The second time I retired, I just logged off in PoK and never had time to return to the mountain. Maybe I'll use this free time to go back and give Baccas a good final resting place.

Ascendant Ashenhand

I made my wife tear up in EQ2 beta.

It was coming to an end so I went to my room and sat in the sunbeam as all shut down.

She thought it was the saddest thing she had seen.
    Wisdom:

It is not knowing that you are right, But willing to change when you know you are wrong.

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

I've logged-in in the past to check things out. It is amazing how much you forget and how much has really changed.

The last time I logged in, about a year ago, I actually got a bunch of "Is that really YOU?!" tells.
    mysql> SELECT * FROM user WHERE clue > 0;
    Empy set (0.00 sec)

Ascendant Ashenhand

Nobody sent me tells. *sob*

Well, I was a guild leader of a Teir4 (I think?) guild. Just before PoP. We were in Plane of Earth and all them.

I quit just shortly after Omens of War came out.
    Empy set (0.00 sec)

There were tier classifications back then? :D Er. I guess I vaguely recall a Tier classification during PoP to show where you were in PoP. I think that pretty much dropped by the wayside pretty quickly after the next expansion or two.

I was always in casual guild, but we always ran a very skilled 6 man team. I came back with only 2 active members in my guild and they are both people that were infrequently if never on in teh past.

I can't recall the exact classification, but there was a tier within PoP.
    Empy set (0.00 sec)

Ascendant Stone Fist

I logged into my accounts and was immediately turned off by the graphics and interface. I've been spoiled with just the default WoW setup.

Is there an easy way to sexy the EQ interface up?

Not really. By its design it is pretty clunky. A number of UI's make it a bit prettier or simple but they don't do much in the terms of use of the UI.

Took me a while to get used to again, but after just forcing it for a bit it no longer bothers me. Though I do laugh at the graphics from time to time.

I've always been a fan of the Vert UI series. You should be able to find it still on EQInterface.com.

As terms of extendability, WoW tromps everything. There is no game, that I have ever played, that's had such a customizable interface.
    Empy set (0.00 sec)

Ascendant Stone Fist

I tried the EQ Escape to Norrath. It was a nice visit, but no real reason to stay.

Shando

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training chowamonkee's Avatar

i have been trying to activate my original account from 2000 . I unfortunately cannot remember the credit card number and i don't have the key from the discs. This fight has been going on since Thursday. I have given them all the information that I could remember to no avail.

I laugh evertime i look at his gear....

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ch...d=438086782502

it states taht the last time he was online was in 2005 but that isnt true, i believe that is when they recovered him for the eqplayers. (They said they couldnt find him when I came back in 2004).

but i love his gear.....hahha

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by chowamonkee View Post
    but i love his gear.....hahha
    That is some pretty sweet gear for it's day.. back when monks were fun... that's like a snapshot of all the required gear right before itemization made top tier gear monks "tank too well". Nice memories.

G'luck on getting reactivated.. kinda ironic they are trying to drum up players and yet they are essentially cockblocking your return.

Old school, my Monk: http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ch...d=554050956678

And my Shaman: http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ch...d=554050891511

I noticed, I never got my shaman to 60. ha. Those damn hell levels. He's been 54 for quite a while.
    Last edited by guice666; 06-22-2008 at 11:46 AM.
    Empy set (0.00 sec)

Enlightened Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Sontor View Post
    That is some pretty sweet gear for it's day.. back when monks were fun... that's like a snapshot of all the required gear right before itemization made top tier gear monks "tank too well". Nice memories.

G'luck on getting reactivated.. kinda ironic they are trying to drum up players and yet they are essentially cockblocking your return.
    odd. I was unable to remember one of my accounts that I had not played since Kunark. The Account rep I spoke to was extremely helpful. After trying to find my account by zipcode, we simply found the account by character name. I then verified it with the CD key. Blam, 10 min call, problem solved.

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training chowamonkee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by transient View Post
    odd. I was unable to remember one of my accounts that I had not played since Kunark. The Account rep I spoke to was extremely helpful. After trying to find my account by zipcode, we simply found the account by character name. I then verified it with the CD key. Blam, 10 min call, problem solved.
    That is my problem...

I dont have the cd's or even remember any credit card info from 2000. don't get me wrong, we are still going back and forth at the moment, so you never know...

Ascendant Stone Fist

I lost my corpse on my 42 shaman last night. After 20 mins looking for it just gave up. In 10 years or so when they have another free session i'll use my time to twink using money from another char.

Probably at that point my lvl 55 will be in newbie zones with cap raised to 1000. Haha

Man how I hate the revival system in EQ.

Shadowrest will have your corpse

Apostle Master

If the corpse is less than a week old, it won't be in Shadowrest yet. Simply go to the Guild Lobby (off of the Plane of Knowledge) and buy a summoning stone appropriate for your level, then hand it to one of the NPC priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Palarran View Post
    If the corpse is less than a week old, it won't be in Shadowrest yet. Simply go to the Guild Lobby (off of the Plane of Knowledge) and buy a summoning stone appropriate for your level, then hand it to one of the NPC priests.
    or that

Enlightened Grandmaster Karm Hundredfists's Avatar

Default I want to play!

OK I'll bite. Let me see if I can figure out my old PWs

Magelo

EQplayers

Last edited by Karm Hundredfists : Today at 04:12 PM. Reason: Edit Fever

logs in to borrow karm's tranq staff

I gave Karm away and I can't figure out how to steal the account back. Don't have the credit card numbers/forget the email address (plus I don't the that the ISP that provided us with it exists anymore).

But the tstaff and the fungi are gone :(. I might have a few k on my other account though. If so I'm gonna twink a monk and go hit up FoB! Hell yeeeah!

Leveling without regen... ugh, I can just picture it.

Magelo

EQplayers

Ascendant Transcendent

I logged in a few times. It's hard to get back into the groove.

What's plaguing me is the mouse movement. You can't control the speed of the X versus Y (rather Z) axis.

What is soo smooth in WoW is now a chore. I recall there may have been options to tweak in the eqclient.ini but I can't muster the strength to bother looking. I'm finding it a hassle again to F9 around for viewing angles in EQ when I can do it all smoothly from just the mouse in WoW and other games. I guess you can't fall in love again -- heh.

Still, good memories..I've been revisiting old haunts...unrest, sebilis, PoF.

I would never be able to play again... I got out before they added the mana bar to monks. Just wouldn't be the same

Monk Disciple

I don't have a mana bar on my default UI??

/shrug

It's taking forever to download the EQ files. I patched EQ classic and now it says that it's going to take 17 hours to update everything else. I just wanted to go hit up the bazaar and send a few random tells to people. I hope it's just d/ling stuff up to PoP because that's all the expansions that I have.

Magelo

EQplayers

Ascendant Ashenhand

I believe with this deal you get all the expansions.

Free EverQuest Secrets of Faydwer All-In-One Pack Software
    Get caught up on content and keep the game upon your conversion to paid monthly subscription.
    Wisdom:

It is not knowing that you are right, But willing to change when you know you are wrong.

Yup, though it is buggy for some. Tried to log in with an old account that I used to 3box with and it didn't get the legacy deal and lost expansions that were tied to it (says only kunark and velious are registered, even though I know it had everything upto TSS outside of PoR).

Finally finished the DL last night.
    <---Karmm on Tribunal

Magelo

EQplayers

Ascendant Stone Fist

Oh smack. Didnt know Mithanial Marr server Changed Names. Not sure why it says I logged in in 2005, I know I never went back, probly server move date.

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ch...d=554050961323

Pretty sure I parked him in Plane of Justice (Roleplayed the Tribunal Finally brought him down for all his sins)

Until the Gods Left, POJ Faded and He returned to Norrath for EQ2.

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/c...erId=121810107

Enlightened Grandmaster

lol, I just found my old Monk.

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ch...d=429496823448

When I quit I actually was the best geared monk on the server at the time =) Brings back memories looking at his gear and stuff, since I couldn't remember at all. Didn't even remember what server or guild I was in.

Shame I can't mouse-over the items and see stats for some reason. Still cool though.

last updated 2005... sheesh, 5 years already.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Found my guy, although I don't know why we're putting it on this thread. :P

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ch...d=601295625207

Edit: Kind of odd... I can't look at his bank information... yet I can look at the bank of my level 12 Ranger whom I haven't logged on since Nov 16 2005.
    Last edited by Bodhidharma; 12-31-2009 at 04:06 PM.

Thread Information