Thread: GU5 Bugs / Issues

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Default GU5 Bugs / Issues

General Monk Bugs
    -FD weirdness: when spell casting mobs are casting a spell at the time you feign, the game doesn't register the Feign attempt. If you then get up and Feign again, you get the message "Feign Death X has been toggled off". Most notibale in Old targ and NN
    - FD weirdness: some mobs see through Feign Death on a success. This seems to apply only to undead. Further testing needed.
    - Fist of Celerity: sometimes fails to activate, but the cooldown timer will have started and the Jin will be lost. Lag cannot be the issue because I've tried with a full Jin bar. It happens a lot on my Orc when she's Dragon, hadn't seen it in the 3 days I was Harmonious. May be related to Dragon stances and/or skills.
    * Bug: When using secret of fire/ice our attack animations turn into jabs
    *Bug: Using aums to learn new skills doesnt always work, has to be used 3-4 times before it will teach a new skill
    * Bug: Jin Surge is used up even if you miss.
    *Bug: Goading slap isnt adding hate if target is to far away, instead its adding it to the monk

General Monk Issues / Concerns
    * Issue: Three finger strikes avoidance debuff doesnt do much on lvl 51+ mobs, seems to be the same chance to hit/miss, it also needs its duration uped to 8 seconds
    * Issue: Palm explodes the heart misses quite a bit, as does hammer fist.
    * Issue: Secret of Transcendence is worthless and not a true secret, it should probably me made to stay on till toggled off
    * Issue: Feign death : When will mobs pause slightly before returning home to allow monks a split pull.
    AKA: Mobs need to return at a non hyper speed pace, and randomly
    * Issue: Originally monks were supposed to be the masters of creating weaknesses that their group members could exploit. I think it wouldnt hurt to apply more weaknesses/weakness exploit tags to more mastery style specific attacks
    * Issue: Aum Liat - After the horse movement buff speed changes, monks should be granted a Five percent increase to mounted speed while chanting to keep in line with other classes movement buffs.
    * Issue: Jin Surge should not count for auto attacks, because it's very easy to have it "wasted" if you don't time it right - And you can't expect your teammates to time their attacks for it either.

Dragon Monk Bugs
    * Bug : Aspect of the spirit dragon will invis the defensive target as well as the monk, but the monks invis isnt real
    * Bug: Switching from dragon to storm dragon cancles secrets and forces you to toggle them off then back on

Dragon Monk Issues / Concerns
    * 0 % mitigation in storm dragon stance stance, and no real reward for it
    *Overall dps is probably the worst of the 3 monks at 50 unless fully raid buffed, then they are just above harmonious. Doesnt get an extra fist of celerity (like drunken) and doesnt seem to edge out harmonious at all.
    * Dragon breath is worthless, no reason it should cost jin AND do low dmg AND be on a long refresh timer
    * Ae's are worthless 99% of the time, and no where in our description did it say kinds of ae. Even in raids with spawned adds, aeing is deadly to us and not worth doing. There is no need for 7 different ae
    * Issue: Invis is way better now but still is harsh on the duration, max 30 seconds isnt very long. Granite tablets of invis are much better
    * Issue: Sundragons corona needs to be an overall dps buff, currently its wasted space other then the fire ressit
    * Concern: Dragon Stance - Provides health regen out of combat. This stance provides no benefit during combat and the amount of regen isn't comparable to that gained by food. It's greatest appeal would be for monks who have Feigned Death, but remain in combat with not much health left, giving them a chance to regain some health and allow them another chance to Feign Death. In combat regen from a fix of this ability may provide an advantage soloing, but I'm sure most monks would just like to see this stance replaced completely.
    * Concern: Stone Dragon - Improves the monks armor and resistances, while reducing attack speed. The armor gained has very little impact on the reduction in damage taken, the penalty for attack speed has little or no affect on the damage output of the monk. This stance doesn't seem to have much impact either way. Possibly reduce a flat percentage of incoming damage, or provide a percentage of resist to stuns, roots, snares and change the penalty to a reduction in run speed or percentage of outbound damage.
    * Issue: Dots are great but their overal dmg is way to low, 1800 dmg over 16 seconds is next to nothing. Thats less then one auto attack. Sundering/gouging are great but the 5k dmg is pretty low for a 5-10 second dot with a minute refresh. PEH has it right where the dmg is every 2 second and it is greater then auto attack.

Drunken Monk Bugs

Drunken Monk Issues / Concerns
    * Issue: Magnificent Drunken swager: Can this be changed to 20 seconds to match harmonious,
    * Issue: Can the hate gain be removed from the middle stance and made into a separate toggle buff so we can choose when we want 25% extra agro. No other middle stance has a penalty.
    * Issue: Deffensive stance: This stance is only 1% better then harmonious's stance and doesnt have the benefit of endurance cost reduction

Harmonious Monk Bugs
    * Bug When I play a card in a parlay, my harmonious body stance is toggeled off. Doesn't happen for legendary tiger stance (or immortal crane, I think).

Harmonious Monk Issues / Concerns
    *Issue: Tiger stance: The endurance cost is to harsh for solo, but in raids seems to not matter at all. A better balance would be nice, otherwise you lose more dps then you gain. Also in raids you are well past the crit cap with this stance on so the dps plateaus where drunken/dragon still gets better.
    *Issue: Crane stance: at low levels its the only stance to use and at high levels its benifits are greatly diminished unless solo
    *Issue: Harmonious stance has very low benifits as is (like dragons middle stance, its mostly worthless....mostly)

PVP General Monk Bugs
    *Secrets are over powered and result in many one shot kills...Where 3 instant attacks are fired off and the secrets then add 3k dmg on top of it.
    * Pushing Hands does not work in PvP

PVP General Monk Issues / Concerns
    Last edited by Fujitsu; 04-22-2008 at 03:26 PM.

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

* Issue: Feign death : When will mobs pause slightly before returning home to allow monks a split pull.

I hope this is not changed, I like the current mechanics of FD pulling, I feel this would make split pulling much too easy (as it is in say dungeons where you can secret of ice split pull)

* Issue: Magnificent Drunken swager: Can this be changed to 20 seconds to match harmonious, and 100% avoidance, instead of just making us dodge 100% vs an even level? In APW this skill only works about 67% of the time.

In my experience with MDS it does avoid 100% of melee attacks, however some abilities and all spells go through this. I have never seen an attack go through it that was not an ability such as backstab. We have no 100% damage immunity so I don't think this is a bug. Would be nice if it worked against all abilities as well but you could argue that there is a reason behind this (magical attacks, and precisions strikes which should not be able to be dodged).

It is hardly a 67% dodge ability though, I use it several times in APW every day even when not raiding and just running around exploring (in places I cannot fd warp).

This isn't a bug regarding the ability Feign Death. It is an issue due to mob pathing and world coding. This is a high priority of mine, but is a very resource intensive fix to have changed. Hopefully after class balancing nears completion some time can be spent on it.

* Issue: Magnificent Drunken swager: Can this be changed to 20 seconds to match harmonious, and 100% avoidance, instead of just making us dodge 100% vs an even level? In APW this skill only works about 67% of the time.

This ability has been changed to provide 100% avoidance to all attacks that are avoidable. Any ability that is going past this evasion is a "Tank Check" ability. These abilities are given to mobs to ensure that a heavy mitigation class is indeed tanking the mob in question to avoid the evasion tank methods for killing raid encounter mobs. Now where does this leave drunken monks, the 'tanking' monk in terms of a role is the real question. Although you can combine this ability with Iron Skin to provide yourself with sufficient mitigation to survive those "Tank Check" abilities.

* Bug: Foolhardy Swagger Does not transfer hate to the defensive target

Working as intended.

Hey fusoya, good to see you. Yeah the way the list is setup, is its Bugs or Issues. Bugs are, well bugs, and issues are things wed like changed or were promised a while back.

AKA we know feign isnt bugged, but back before apw went live, they said they would add delays. Good to see your aware of that too cause that would make monk pulling every where in the game much easier.

yeah the only thing that gets past magnificent swagger are spells and strike through, which is intended, nothing else should. If a specific mob has a regular attack getting through then post the mob and the attack name, chances are its a bug that can be fixed.

Removed fool hardy from the list. As a drunken monk i would like to add this.
    If fool hardy was always intended to be an ae hate gain for the monk only. Could this be turned into a passive hate gain buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitsu View Post
    ... Could this be turned into a passive hate gain buff?
    Are you sure you'd want a passive hate buff? It'd be good for tanking but it would make it harder to not get aggro when someone else is tanking. Maybe a toggle-able hate buff with unlimited duration like the secrets instead?

When i say passive hate buff i mean something like secret of flame, i put it on, and while its on it adds the hate. (similar to tanks new defensive stances)

Thread Information