Thread: I finally got an idea

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

Default I finally got an idea

I am not going to post the idea here, and I got tons to do to even see if it's possible. But in short the customer would buy whatever product, then use a website if needed to read instructions and ect on how to make it work with whatever products.

The website part is why I made the post.

I think on the site a few videos would do the trick, and tons of text instructions which I would write, or anyone else could help write too if they wanted.

I am going to talk to a friend who will know a lot more bout the electronic part of this, and will post if this idea is even fesiable.

If he says he doesn't know how to do then will PM some people if anyone here has a decent understanding of electronics, ect

Ascendant Transcendent

I think this is a great idea and could be expanded for the person who is comfortable with tools, wants to do-it-yourself to save $, and just needs a little guidance.

yeah even my single product thing doesnt work this sort of thing might work well for home projects. Like what to buy, and what to do with the stuff to do TONS of home projects.

Little things like putting in a sandbox to something like a fire pit, to installing gutters, insulation, how to drop wires for making a wired home network... all sorts of stuff. I have an uncle that is a contractor. I might do something like talk to him, try to get a camera and watch and break things down and remake a video for such a site.
    If I understand it right you basically just need to make a site that has content people want to see then you can make the money off ads and such, right?

Ascendant Ashenhand

Not to be pessimistic but this isnt really an old idea... lots of companies put their manuals on a PDF on the web site. and if your talking about a general how-to guide...well firstly if people are going to pay money for such a guide, they would prefer to buy a book they can carry out to where they are installing the gutters or whatever, rather then pay money online, print out the pages, and carry it around.
    Shaman - Balanced
    Warlock - OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!
    Warriors - Balanced

"You work well together as a team. One of you is the brains and the other plods along behind just in case you come across an eating contest."

yeah... who said anything bout selling PDF's and ect
    "If I understand it right you basically just need to make a site that has content people want to see then you can make the money off ads and such, right?"

content being a video of someone doing whatever in an easy to follow manner.
    either way looking around to see if soemthing like this is already on something like a home depot site or something. If not will just keep looking up junk for the orginal idea.

forgot bout this post, looked into the how to thing and there is a site that only basically rips how to videos from youtube, ect for their site. Kinda puts a damper on what I was thinking

Thread Information