Thread: Anyone still play?

Apostle Master

Default Anyone still play?

Getting the itch lately to try something new. I liked CoH when I played way back when. But the missions got old. How are things now?
    My name is Glaydor, and I approved this post.

Ascendant Stone Fist

I still play. It is my MMO of choice. I keep it fresh my swapping among characters. Now you can play both Heroes and Villians. I will admit to getting a bit tired of the early levels, as I have done them hero side several times, but there is still a great deal of content in the game. With the imminent release of Issue 11, there will be some new content, two new power sets for the melee based ATs (Scrappers, Tanks, Brutes and Scrappers), new power customization and new crafting options.

Shando

Ascendant Ashenhand

Are there any "FUN" classes left? I.e. burn tankers

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

I've always enjoyed my Ice Blaster. I would still play if it wasn't for their mugged up mouse API. Causes too many problems with how my desktops are setup -- it was affecting my game play. I've constantly brought it up, but never got fixed. So, I stopped playing.
    mysql> SELECT * FROM user WHERE clue > 0;
    Empy set (0.00 sec)

Ascendant Stone Fist

Quote Originally Posted by WiouXev View Post
    Are there any "FUN" classes left? I.e. burn tankers
    What do you mean by "FUN"?

Shando

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by Shando View Post
    What do you mean by "FUN"?

Shando
    You know.. overpowered and screaming for a nerf.

Ascendant Stone Fist

I am guessing that Wiou hasn't played in some time, or at least since Enhancement Diversification, or changes to taunting, limitation on maximum number of targets an ability can effect (which is 14 I believe) etc.. The game is different than release. Many powersets have had their original effectiveness cut, while others have been boosted, just like any other MMO. My primary character is an Automatic Rifle/Devices blaster. People keep telling me how sucky they are etc... but I seem to do very well in playing him and have fun. Take that for what its worth.

Shando

Apostle Master

Well, picked up the CoH/CoV pack today. Remade my fire blaster I had when I played last, and made a stalker dark/dark. Game is fun. But CoV is really laggy for me, for some reason. Even with some of the settings lowered. Not the same for the hero side.

Ascendant Ashenhand

fun i.e. very powerful or overpowered. yes.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Quote Originally Posted by WiouXev View Post
    fun i.e. very powerful or overpowered. yes.

There are some ATs that have powersets that are more powerful than others in certain situations, but from my experience, every AT and powerset is playable and soloable. It used to be that Tanks could taunt an entire map of NPCs run to a central area and let the blasters, defenders and controllers blast them to their hert's content. That can't happen anymore. No game is perfect, but I still enjoy it.

Regarding COV: What graphics card are you using?

Shando

My younger brothers still played. I just found out last night one plays on the same server I created my characters on. He plays on the CoV side mostly cause of something on the CoH side that lags out his video card. I tried to get him to geek out and figure out what was wrong. ^_^
    mysql> SELECT * FROM user WHERE clue > 0;
    Empy set (0.00 sec)

Ascendant Stone Fist

Quote Originally Posted by guice666 View Post
    My younger brothers still played. I just found out last night one plays on the same server I created my characters on. He plays on the CoV side mostly cause of something on the CoH side that lags out his video card. I tried to get him to geek out and figure out what was wrong. ^_^
    Strange, its usually COV that gives people graphics problems, not COH.

Shando

Apostle Master

on board. its a nvidia 6150

But I fixed it. Just went into the advance settings and turned the graphics down to performance level. IT was like night and day, but with no visible loss of graphics.

Now to get lvl 7 before I go see beouwolf. =)

<edit>
    Sigh...Got to lvl 7. Then found out im on a west coast time server >.<
    Guess ill try the Freedom server since it looks like it has moe people (yellow vs green)

Also, I made a brute. Not sure if thats a tank type. I wanted a dps type, heh. Maybe ill make Glaydor a hero instead of a villan and make him a scrapper.
    Last edited by Glaydor; 11-23-2007 at 06:34 PM.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Quote Originally Posted by Glaydor View Post
    Also, I made a brute. Not sure if thats a tank type. I wanted a dps type, heh. Maybe ill make Glaydor a hero instead of a villan and make him a scrapper.
    Brutes are sort of a cross between a Tank and a Scrapper. The longer they fight, the more damage they do. IIRC, they fall between Tanks and Scrappers in terms of defense and damage. Some basic Brute information here. You can check the official forums for really good information there. If you are used to other official forums, like the WoW forums, you are in for a pleasent surprise. The politeness to idiot ratio is very high.

Shando

Ascendant Stone Fist

on board. its a nvidia 6150
    There is a thread about the 6150 on the official boards.

Shando

Apostle Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shando View Post
    Brutes are sort of a cross between a Tank and a Scrapper. The longer they fight, the more damage they do. IIRC, they fall between Tanks and Scrappers in terms of defense and damage. Some basic Brute information here. You can check the official forums for really good information there. If you are used to other official forums, like the WoW forums, you are in for a pleasent surprise. The politeness to idiot ratio is very high.

Shando
    Wow.... Thats a change from when I played at release, heh. Is there a list of what servers are based on which time zone? The 2 I have created chars on, when I talk to a citizen, they say the time in pac time instead of est. I dont want to get involved in a char and find Im stuck.

Apostle Master

Read the thread. And I didnt see much of a difference with the settings. But lowering them to performance, I was actually able to play decently without lag. And that was with 1.5gb of ram.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Wow.... Thats a change from when I played at release, heh. Is there a list of what servers are based on which time zone? The 2 I have created chars on, when I talk to a citizen, they say the time in pac time instead of est. I dont want to get involved in a char and find Im stuck.
    Yes, there have been some big changes to the game in the 42+ months the game has been live. Think about it: COH is at about the same point in its lifecycle that EQ was with POP, which came out 42 months or so after the game when live. Think of all of the changes that happened in that time period, including the big one for monks.

East Coast Servers:

Freedom
    Infinity
    Liberty
    Pinnacle
    Triumph
    Victory

West Coast Servers:

Champion
    Guardian
    Justice
    Protector
    Virtue (I play on Virtue, even though I live on the East Coast)

European servers:

Defiant, English
    Union, English
    Vigilance, French
    Zukunft, German

I hope that helps.

Shando

Apostle Master

Hmm.... Im on Liberty and Freedom. I guess they just give the west coast time on the server.

Yeah. Glad to hear the idiot % went down on their boards. At release it was pretty bad.

So I guess I have to decide if I want to keep my brute dark/dark or go scrapper dark/dark (just kind of like that spec. I also have an assult rifle/devices blaster and a fire/fire blaster. Ill have to check the boards to see which server I stick with. Want to make sure theres a reasonable population. All the servers but freedom and victory are showing low population. The other 2 are medium

Ascendant Stone Fist

You must mean Virtue, not Victory. Freedom and Virtue are the two top servers in terms of population. The only time the other servers get higher populations is after the release of a new issue, during special events (like Halloween or Christmas events), or during double XP weekends.

Shando

Apostle Master

Recreated all my chars on Liberty. The game is pretty fun so far. Really liking my villain wolfman da/dm brute, Glaydor. My favorite at the moment, even at only lvl 7. =)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...or/Glaydor.jpg

Also made 2 blasters.

This one is my fire/fire blaster, Molton Core (heh):
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/Glaydor/MC.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/Glaydor/mc1.jpg

And this is my other blaster. A robot that uses an assault rifle as well as technology like web gernades. I call it "Urban Assault":

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/Glaydor/US.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/Glaydor/US1.jpg

Blasters will just be my "fun" char.

I just hope the population on the server is decent. I remember at release, all the servers were yellow status. And use to WoW where there are tons of people. But as long as I can find group mates or be able to solo, ill be happy.

Couple blasters. But I think the brute might be my main.

Thanks for all your help. I was sooo afraid no one posted here when I came to the forum and saw nothing new in a few months.
    Last edited by Glaydor; 11-24-2007 at 08:29 PM.

what a clever spammer

Ascendant Stone Fist Dythan Dabrave's Avatar

She sounds like the girl at my asian massage palor. She tries to sneaky sell me stuff too....
    Brother Dythan
    Level 70 Monk
    Entendre
    Phinny

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk carla09's Avatar

Actually I learned to play that game but unfortunately, I wasn't interested of that game...
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time.
    dress up girls | dressup games

Ascendant Ashenhand

Old post is old.

its sig spam... the newest flavor of spam

Ascendant Ashenhand

Oh, I've got sigs and avatars all turned off.

Ascendant Ashenhand Abner Thunderheart's Avatar

lol I just started playing this again a few days ago. Dropped Aion.
    www.pjtv.com - Check it out today!

Apostle Master

Hmm. Is it necrobumping an old post if its the top post anyway?

Thread Information