Thread: CoH/CoV Crafting

Ascendant Ashenhand Kaane Feiwong's Avatar

Default CoH/CoV Crafting

I'm actually getting addicted to the crafting. before, with just the base stuff, there really wasn't much incentive for the duo/soloist. Now, with the invention system and Wentworth's (Auction house), I'm having a blast.

I sold one invention recipe and made 2.5 mil Influence at 18. that's a lot to put into crafting so I got 4 of the Miracle set and put on Reconstruction. very nice.

Was able to spiff up the base a bit. Added a personal Salvage vault, Enhancement storage for the team, (great for trading between alts or saving up enhancements you make), salvage storage, Invention table. Now, I actually prefer going to the base, especially in Talos when the base, auction house are so close.

Made the base a teleporter pad. Now I just need a teleport room. that shouldn't be too difficult. Then I can go out, get the teleport points (visit areas in a zone in SG mode) Not too bad for a one man base.

Anyway, if you haven't tried tho new system, I11 is just around the corner with customizable weapons and new powersets. Perhaps it's time you gave it a retry?

for the record, the new Faultline: good job. Fun zone and fun missions. the secret underground tunnels, while annoying at times, were quite interesting.
    Last edited by Kaane Feiwong; 11-19-2007 at 01:59 PM.
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. - Blondie

Ascendant Stone Fist

Quote Originally Posted by Kaane Feiwong View Post
    I'm actually getting addicted to the crafting. before, with just the base stuff, there really wasn't much incentive for the duo/soloist. Now, with the invention system and Wentworth's (Auction house), I'm having a blast.

I sold one invention recipe and made 2.5 mil Influence at 18. that's a lot to put into crafting so I got 4 of the Miracle set and put on Reconstruction. very nice.

Was able to spiff up the base a bit. Added a personal Salvage vault, Enhancement storage for the team, (great for trading between alts or saving up enhancements you make), salvage storage, Invention table. Now, I actually prefer going to the base, especially in Talos when the base, auction house are so close.

Made the base a teleporter pad. Now I just need a teleport room. that shouldn't be too difficult. Then I can go out, get the teleport points (visit areas in a zone in SG mode) Not too bad for a one man base.

Anyway, if you haven't tried tho new system, I11 is just around the corner with customizable weapons and new powersets. Perhaps it's time you gave it a retry?

for the record, the new Faultline: good job. Fun zone and fun missions. the secret underground tunnels, while annoying at times, were quite interesting.
    Welcome to Issues 8-10 for City of Heroes.

Shando

Quote Originally Posted by Shando View Post
    Welcome to Issues 8-10 for City of Heroes.

Shando
    Thanks! This was mainly to let everyone know that CoH/CoV was still alive and kicking and that if you haven't tried it recently, you should.
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. - Blondie

Ascendant Stone Fist

I made a couple of posts before the move. I am guessing they were lost. I have done some of the open beta stuff, maybe I can post the little that I do know.

Shando

Ascendant Ashenhand Abner Thunderheart's Avatar

Can I make my own base to keep stuff in?

I hit level 10 and my salvage inventory is full but I'm not 100% sure what to do with it all. I don't seem to have all the components to make anything cool but no room to pick up any more.

Abner, Yes you can, just go register for a guild and you can start building one, At least, that's what I did (but I did it a really long time ago). Get a friend (or second account) whom you can invite into the guild, promote them, and have them invite all your alts. It's a little tough raising enough inf to buy everything you need, but throughout the years, I left with a full non-raid base with everything from Oroboros crystal, storage vault, insp storage, enhancement storage, medbay, and 7 or 8 teleporters. By far the enhancement storage and teleporters are the most useful.

It's faster in a busy guild, but by no means required. new characters can just run around in Guild mode and get just as much XP and influence as they would without it. I think it's abour lvl 20 or so that it starts to shift, but if you are selling off your goods in Auction, you'll have plenty of cash anyway.

Oh and another temp storage is the Auction house. you can put up items, just don't put a price on them. You can use that kindof like a storage too.

Ascendant OMFG I Post Too Much

They have banks in game now. I found it over the weekend during my exploring of new buttons on my map-- "Oh, a V? what's that?" One of them turned out to be a bank, where I was able to deposit all my salvage.
    mysql> SELECT * FROM user WHERE clue > 0;
    Empy set (0.00 sec)

Thread Information