Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Highest you have parsed and what was your setup

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training Sourn's Avatar

Default Highest you have parsed and what was your setup

I know many mobs are not good to parse but, when do we ever get the perfect raid to parse anymore?

Not many are out there.

Was wondering what was your best parse DPS wise and duration and perhaps the mob.

Myself, happen to be Keld a few months ago for 2mins at 1856 DPS.

Bard and shammy in group

I busted 2.4k dps on south jelvan mob over 2:11.

bard, shaman, zerker, rogue, monk, monk

speedfocus+destructive force, ashenhand, heel used. epic clicked once. zerker had warcry going for most of the duration of the fight. there was an mgb auspice rot going as well.

2.0 with dual lifetaps in primary, mpg fangs+tunat dmg aug secondary

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Anguish: Keldovan
    DoN: Yar'Lir
    DoD: Shyra, Tris (parse at the beginning), Redfang (two parse opportunities), Zulli (final form), Maggotmeiser
    PoR: Ayonae

People say Gimp Fish in TSS is good, but I find the fight doesn't run nearly long enough, I'm sure Keldovan is starting to be the same with the increase in levels.

At this time, Ayonae is proably the best, but out of the reach of many. It's a shame they took away our ability to parse on the guy in Innovation. 8(

yarlir's only good to parse on if your guild is geared past it. the knockback ae makes it difficult at best to get an accurate parse of anyone but yourself.

Apostle Master

awesome, the nerf me thread.
    anybody else?

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by Chongdamonk
    anybody else?
    And no "nerf me" thread is complete without the "shutup or we'll get nerfed" whiner.
    I'm not givin' you attitude. I just want another drink.

Soy shut up or we will get nerfed! OMG
    Thumpya - Iksar Monk of Al'Kabor

Thump Ya - Iksar Monk - EQ (Retired)

Ascendant Stone Fist

I parse 10 banana's.

It is ironic though that while we call for silence on our "best evah" parses, its not because we are overpowered, unlike some classes.

anybody else?
    situational best ever parses aren't going to get us nerfed. lose the tinfoil, sir.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by Wonton
    anybody else?
    situational best ever parses aren't going to get us nerfed. lose the tinfoil, sir.
    I lived through teh mitigation nerf jstu prior to PoP. I'll keep my tinfoil safely in place thank you

And for the record I think my best parse I could probably get a shade over 10k self buffed. Will have to try it

Of course what I can parse on a single clawstriker with innerflame and killing spree on a mob that has enough hp to take all 3 hits is PROBABLY not a regular parse. But am sure I can get a parse of over 10k dps in the deep.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Hmm jsut checked Lucy, looks like Innerflame and Killing Spree don't stack so a bit tougher but given enough tests Should be able to get 10k on a 1 second fight without too much trouble using innerflame.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Just get a finishing blow and only count the last second of the parse. Voila.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Yeah because we know when people started posting the super-rare 3-crit high hit CF's nobody called for a nerf right? But really the losers from these kinds of threads aren't the raiding Monks. It's the non-raiders who are lucky to sustain 400 DPS who are told "Monks don't need fixing, you already do over 2K DPS"

comparing non raid monks to raid monks is stupid.

compare non raid monks to other non-raid classes.

use a little common sense. people know that when someone says something regarding 2k+ dps monks that it's at the high end. i've only broken 2k maybe three times on a fight over two minutes, at least while parsing. it's a best ever thread. nobody asked for consistency or commentary on raid vs. non-raid gear.

and back to the common sense thing. i don't think anybody is going to make any conclusive decisions about how monks are as a class based on this thread.

Ascendant Stone Fist

You assume too much - people are petty and in the age of quoting - people will take once in a life time DPS post and turn it to this is what they do all the time.

The press do it all the time, print quotes out of context to twist things to say something completely different.

Can't remember what mob it was recently but, did 1200 dps w/out a bard and no Heel/Ashenhand (don't ask why). Speedfocus, Vish 2hb, Destructive Force and 8% overhaste. Think ranger MGB was going - was a 4ish min fight.

Ascendant Ashenhand

I'm just as jaded as the next monk, but if you really think the devs at SOE get some random quote off a message board from classcrybaby01 and then head to the nerf-machine, I think you might want to loosen the tinfoil a bit. Even they aren't that knee-jerky.

Ascendant Stone Fist

No Tinfoil hat, no hat all in fact.

It's not a question of devs taking a single quote and insta-nerfing or anything.

Problem is the quotes end up causing unneeded animosity towards the class or in some cases as fodder to derail posts when dealing with other issues. Repeated iteration of the quote and soon reality gets blurred out.

Hypothetical example, our new better than 2.5 ratio needs bumping up to come in line with other class upgrades but, instead the class envy folks chime in well you guys already do 2.5k dps - your upgrade shouldn't be as much so rest of the classes can catch up.

Which just leads to counter points and derailed threads taking away from the real purpose, just like I have done to this one.

I wasn't saying not to post numbers, I posted mine but, it's naive to think that people wouldn't try use the information out of context either to improve their class or even try get us nerfed.

I've got one that probably doesn't qualify, maybe it would even be better to start a seperate thread for it, but I'm lazy so here it goes:

Attack Start End Duration Dmg Dmg% DPS Hit Miss Hit% HPS MaxH MinH AvgH
    Total: 18:48:45 18:49:23 00:00:39 551.305 100,0% 14136,03 1052 368 74,1% 36,41 3436 21 524

Was in DN, setup was a train of about 50 rats, Vishi 2HB + Whirlwind, followed by destructive force + innerflame.

Well that kind of sucks if we need to fear a nerf all the time.

Beserkers - Rogues clearly do more DPS consistantly then we do.

Taking our very best and making that a benchmark for other classes to pose an arguement to nerf or boost themselves is ridiculous.

I pose the question to see what our max capabilities are and what the make up situation was to create that. Kind of see what our "Perfect" parse is or could be.

And yes was looking for more Higher end monk.

Hopefully, they do not start nerfing the Bards, Shammys, Rangers and Beserkers that help all class up their attacks so they can see their potential. And Hopefully they do not nerf the Warriors for holding the agro to allow the other classes to spend the couple minutes to DPS the mobs so hard.

Anywho- Last night I was able to do 1460 DPS for a duration of 5 mins.
    Just bard in group with all attack buffs. - 2.0 and AMV with lifetaps as augs. Blew all discs and used Vet AA.

Hope they dont nerf us now. /little sarcasm off

that's a very decent parse for the duration =)

Ascendant Ashenhand

that's a very decent parse for the duration =)
    Note the buff he used, Veterans AA that lasts 5 min

Why he got such good dps on a 5 min fight.

i won't have that vet aa for like five years =P

Are you guys generally sticking with 2hb during SF/DF or still using 1hders during that time?

I haven't parsed in ages and was just curious

Ascendant Stone Fist

No they don't, I've seen a Monk parse that was 14K DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugle
    Im really looking to see realistic things. Not a Hacked or a 20 second burst.

Myself, I use two 1 handers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugle

(I was going to say "hahaha" or "LOL" with a comment about a 1 sec parse over a crit clawstrikers with ashen - but I decided that "..." would sum it up best)

Antonius Bayle, Wind of Tranquility, London

More likely Speed Focus + Destructive Force with a big 2-hander on something susceptible to Blunt damage ? Aren't the Vishimtar eggs in that category?

I was pretty surprised about my damage over a 3min+ fight vs Porthio. I'm not high end (Magelo), not even maxed in all DPS-AAs and I dont have 7th year Vet AA.

283530 dmg over 3:09 minutes -> 1500 DPS on Porthio the 2nd Born.

2.0/AMV wraps all the fight - Fero/Cleave 6, 77 Accuracy - about 3k buffed ATK (full ranger buffs, bst fero, bard haste/atk, chanter ellowind, shammy champ and panther now and then)

I was in a DPS group with bard, shammy, zerker, rogue, bst.

I used speedfocus, ashenhand, kanji and epic click ... i forgot to click destructive force on speedfocus burn ... so I had to do when no DPS disc was active.
    I 'm pretty sure I wasted some DPS because of mistiming with shammy epic click and warcry.

Ascendant Stone Fist

DF isn't always a good thing. I popped it on our AR burn section and lost some DPS because...I also did 25K damage to the two ghosts that were being TM'ed and got summoned several times. They have a pretty big hit box : P

I don't usually go by DPS... I usually go by total damage, and see how I stack up against other people in the raid. I usually parse top 3 in the guild (can't see necro damage tho, and they never release their numbers, fockers).

The DPS figure isn't reliable. A fight is a fight. It starts when the mob is engaged, and stops when the mob is dead. Only a few mobs are easily parsable, where everyone stands in one spot, melees/nukes for the entire duration, and isn't affected by adds or AE stuns/slows/knockbacks, or changing targets.

I typically parse on Fake Tunat, Shyra, KtH and AMV in Anguish, and Master Vule can sometimes work too.

I've seen wizards do half the total damage of me, and have higher "DPS". It's just not a reliable figure to go by. Parsers do wacky things. Speakin of which, I wish there was an updated parser out there, YALP and EQCompanion both seem flawed, show different results, and neither one has been updated in years, from what I can tell.

I don't like when people include Intensity in their parses. It makes for nice eye-candy, but doesn't show a realistic parse for standard damage-output. It nearly doubles what a monk normally does during a full burn. Can only use it 5 mins out of every day. I'm like 1 month away from getting it... so I've never used it. Couple monks in the guild have it though, and it's funny seeing their normal parses of 1000ish jump up to 1900 on a fight. It's almost like cheating lol.

There's a # of factors in your damage too... a lot of monks automatically preclude a bard, zerker, and shaman in their group. I rarely get that in my raid groups. I sometimes have a shaman, but we got 1 zerker in the guild, and bards are almost as rare. Raid leader usually doesn't build groups to maximize DPS, so I lose.

I've never approached 2.4k DPS. I've had a few 1.3k'ish DPS fights, but I typically seem to be between 900-1100 DPS on my burn fights. I have epic 2.0 with tunat aug and FC aug, AMV wraps with lifetap proc... almost 1300 AAs and every conceivable offensive AA, and 8% overhaste (which has been recently revealed to me to be pretty much worthless on raids). I got 100 accuracy, max strikethrough, 45 CE. I burn speed focus (usually during shaman epic clicky if possible), ashenhand, and heel of kanji. I throw in Destructive force when I can, but not always due to mezzed adds or what-not. I use YALP as a parser.

I see monks post parses of them doing 1900 DPS without Intensity, and I look to see what's different about them to boost their DPS almost 900 (twice) beyond my own... granted, I have 50 more accuracy to get, and 55 more combat effects... the DP damage aug to replace my FC aug... and I have AMV wraps rather than Cryptwood Tonfa... but I don't see how achieving those would add an additional 900 DPS, effectively almost doubling my current DPS. I guess throw all that together, plus a bard/zerker in group would boost me 900 DPS? I dunno.

Antonius Bayle, Wind of Tranquility, London

Uhhh... let the dead threads lie. Bumping a thread that's 2 months old is just not sensible.

Uhh... why? I can't talk about DPS parses 2 months later? Would you rather I start a whole new thread?

Or how 'bout I just not discuss anything at all? Why do people go nuts about this lol.

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

It's MB

*shrugs*

Nothing new =)

Xosa, there are several things you can do to bump your dps up to that level.

I don't have intensity(account's like 2.5 years old) and the fight I mentioned was that high because of the short duration(2:11) and proper discing.

My group included a bard, shaman, zerker. There were MGB Auspices and an mgb warcry in there. On that particular burn, we maximize guild dps for a short duration to get the south mob in the jelvan event dead asap. Then we split the raid into two halves and balance the other two mobs down.

Know how effects and disciplines stack so that you can maximize your dps and benefit from everything as much as possible. Don't stack speedfocus with warcry, for example. Little things like that make a big difference.

Enlightened Grandmaster

given the disposable AA lets just take a quick jab at what doesnt stack; To my knowledge these are potential contributors.

Auspice, Warcry, Shaman epic click, intensity vet aa, innerflame, speedfocus, ashenhand, Glyph of destruction, destructive force etc are contributors i can think of.

I know from previous discussions that intensity and innerflame don't stack.

I BELIEVE that if i were personally going to try to maximize burn I would: Trigger intensity, Epic click, switch to 2hb (vish), click glyph of destruction, click destructive force and click speedfocus. I would follow that with a timed click of Ashenhand to be when claw refreshes.

thoughts?
    Sensei Daesean of Crusaders Valorous

Xosa, there are several things you can do to bump your dps up to that level.

I don't have intensity(account's like 2.5 years old) and the fight I mentioned was that high because of the short duration(2:11) and proper discing.

My group included a bard, shaman, zerker. There were MGB Auspices and an mgb warcry in there. On that particular burn, we maximize guild dps for a short duration to get the south mob in the jelvan event dead asap. Then we split the raid into two halves and balance the other two mobs down.

Know how effects and disciplines stack so that you can maximize your dps and benefit from everything as much as possible. Don't stack speedfocus with warcry, for example. Little things like that make a big difference.
    I guess you missed the part about me never having a zerker/bard in my group hehe. A 2-min burn is fairly short, that might be why yer DPS was so high.

you quote me mentioning the short duration in your post, and then mention that the short duration might be why my dps was so high...

are you high?

is there any benefit to tier 4 DoN innate aa's? something about better melee crit..
    CEO of Drama, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by zothis
    is there any benefit to tier 4 DoN innate aa's? something about better melee crit..
    aye

Enlightened Grandmaster

3% increased quantity of any type of crit, including the proc crits.
    Sensei Daesean of Crusaders Valorous

Thread Information