Thread: How hard is it to kill the Brother in Rathe Mtn with Robe?

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Default How hard is it to kill the Brother in Rathe Mtn with Robe?

I really don't want to do any camping, after the ragefire camp for my cleric's epic and mindless killings of phinny for my friend's wizard epic and then VT key and VP key... no more camping, especially after I heard Raster is a pain.

so, my question is, how hard would it be for say 2 groups of 50's to take out that Brother Zephyl (was tha it?) in Rathe Mountains to get the Robe of the Lost Circle off him and to then work quickly towards the monk epic?

I heard he doubles to quad 365 (depending on weapon he carried), which isn't horrendous I guess, but wasn't too easy for a level 50 back then either.

Ascendant Transcendent

well..Xuntra and i when i was 54 or so got Qwinn to 50% or so.. just for kicks after i did turnin..

Monk Disciple

Make sure you aren't the one who hits him. You will ruin yer faction hardcore. Also be advised that anyone else who gets the faction hit from him, might be screwed later in life.

Ascendant Stone Fist

The old world brothers do not give any faction hits.
    The green con Dreadlands brother makes you lose faction with Swifttails.

Ascendant Stone Fist

I still think you should camp Raster, do it the honorable way. Sure it's a camp but well, we're monks. Cleric have camps but i did some part of the epic and it just isnt the same mindset.
    Senadin 70 monk, Bristlebane
    Senadin 40 Erudite Monk EQ2/ AB server

my magelo...
    AUTODESTRUCT BUTTON!

Apostle Master

I have done my Cleric and Monk epic... Cleric epic seemed like a chore while Monk....seemed like an epic.............
    have you seen my corpse?

Antonius Bayle, Wind of Tranquility, London

For an Iksar Monk, the "right" way (if you can do it) is to slaughter the last survivors of the Lost Circle and take the Robe from them by force...

I've killed Zephyl and Qwinn a few times in the last year as revenge for having subjected me to the Raster ordeal.

(They are level 61, hit fairly hard, and are almost totally immune to spells and procs - but at 70, they are pretty easy with a healer to help).

Enlightened Grandmaster

They were soloable by high-end Monks in PoP - I'd say a decently geared 70 monk could do them solo, especially with heal potions.
    Dd

Ascendant Stone Fist

For an Iksar Monk, the "right" way (if you can do it) is to slaughter the last survivors of the Lost Circle and take the Robe from them by force...
    amen

i don't intend on staying until PoP, i'll be around only until about velious, so the monk epic is only good until about velious right? i'd like to finish it before velious comes out too.

so taking that into consideration, how difficult would it be to take down the guy in rathe mountains, could a group of 50's do it?

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by frankyk
    i don't intend on staying until PoP, i'll be around only until about velious, so the monk epic is only good until about velious right? i'd like to finish it before velious comes out too.

so taking that into consideration, how difficult would it be to take down the guy in rathe mountains, could a group of 50's do it?
    A raid of 50's coudl take him if you wanted to do ti before kunark.
    In Kunark a group of 60's should be able to take him.
    However if you are going to be human and want the robe as fast as possible, I would suggest camping Raster and Targin prior to Kunark coming out.
    Going for AC before AC was cool.

Apostle Master

EDIT: Sorry, did not realise my post was redundant after Ughbash...

I don not hink some people who replied here realise you are talking about this on the Progression servers....

You will need a RAID force of level 50s if you try this in Pre Kunark gear.

General V`Ghera for the Rogue epic doubles for 250 only. Zephyl quads for 350+. General V`Ghera took a raid force even after Kunark came out.

The Monk epic is useful up until you get PoP raid drops or better. Well past Velious for certain.

I didn't replace my Celestial Fists until I got Pressl's (Qvic)...

Default Prog Server

I concur, when I was just a wee ikky (Januarty 2001), Soul Cadre and a bunch of others gathered to take him down. I had just turned level 40 and there was at least 40 of us. I was lowest level and ready to do turn in. We still lost a few. He quads, hits in the 200's and has 20K hp and is 100% magic resistance. You shouldn't be able to hand him a 2hb to prevent him double attacking anymore either which we were able to do and greatly reduced his damage output.

Ascendant Stone Fist

is 100% magic resistance.
    90 ish. ive seen spells land

No 100%, he is an old school mob where they used to set the resist ridiculously high like 10000 or something equally obnoxious, so no spell is going to land.

Ascendant Stone Fist

uhm, ok. but that doesnt change the fact ive seen spells land.

I'm calling you mistaken. Say what you want but you are wrong. Anyone going into this fight thinking any spell is going to land is sitting at their bind point begging for a rez.

Ascendant Stone Fist

maybe not back then, but i was standing right there, necro started casting, 3 sec later, his health took a 10% drop. i dont think her pet did 10% in 1 round.

Whatever might as well say the moon is made of cheese for all the facts you offer. On the other hand five plus years of discussions of threads asking how to kill the brothers and the fight has never changed, nor the strategy. The only difference is the gear we got and the size of the force, from 40+ people to a duo and possibly a solo though I don't call someone using heal pots soloing. To me to solo is to do with just what you are given natively, not what you can get from other players. So I say again, you are mistaken.

Ascendant Stone Fist

possibly a solo though I don't call someone using heal pots soloing. To me to solo is to do with just what you are given natively, not what you can get from other players
    what does this have to do with anything?

On the other hand five plus years of discussions of threads asking how to kill the brothers and the fight has never changed, nor the strategy
    we have also got better spells, higher levels.

strat changed alot. it used to be give him a 2hb then he can only dbl, not quad.

instead of finding him and hailing and 'setting up'.
    it changed to "just friggin find him so we can just kill him and get moving, buffs? wtf hes weak"

BTW, by the first quote, if you mean you dont believe he can be solo'd, get any time geared monk to show you.

Dude you don't have a clue. I was playing a monk before you even logged into MB, never mind this third iteration of the monk community. You haven't provided one supportable fact, where as what I have said can be cross referenced via Google in a hundred threads over six years of tried and true history.

As for the solo aside, it's a part of this thread which you would know if you actually read the entire dialog.

I'd bother to continue to argue the point but why? You are acting pig-headed and aren't open to discussion. If you want to shut me up - go get a spell to land on him and screen shot it, otherwise you can kiss my Throne of Heroes VET AA. You are full of it until you prove otherwise.

Monk Disciple

/shrug i solo him .. and i land 1200 dmg Dragon fang every time.. it's a spell and it hurts him alot.

Ascendant Ashenhand

Quote Originally Posted by Blazinn
    /shrug i solo him .. and i land 1200 dmg Dragon fang every time.. it's a spell and it hurts him alot.
    DF is not resistable by anything.
    I'm not givin' you attitude. I just want another drink.

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

not even the by the mighty zun of txevu

i remember a bst wanting dragon fang to be nerf'd because they said it was too overpowering for that event. i recall the dev saying if you wanted to kill that zun by dragon fang you'd have to be pretty masochistic

Ascendant Stone Fist

haven't provided one supportable fact
    i havent logged in for 3 months, besides the fact is was back when i actually needed a necro to kill him.

otherwise you can kiss my Throne of Heroes VET AA
    well, you can kiss my ASS, and then shove your vet AA up yours. I gave up EQ when Luclin came out, came back a year or so later. Or else i could sit arrogantly on my 7yrs of wasted life too. I have to settle with my 5 1/2.

Fangfoo: ever heard of Lifeburn? Just like Dragon Fang, it's unresistable, and does 1 point of damage for every HP the Necro has at the time he fires it.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...55&source=Live

Tuck in, the humble pie is hot.

Ssoulle is right, I've killed both old world brothers multiple times for friends or my own monks.

Although spells rarely land, they do land. I've hit both of them with frost dd's (Frost Spear and Glacier Spear, beastlord).

Going back to the main topic, you'd probably need a raid force of atleast 3 groups in full Kunark gear, more like 4-5 pre Kunark, to kill either one.

Best bet would probably be to just camp Raster and Targin.

Good luck in your adventure though

Apostle Master

Default faction

There is no faction from killing Brother Q.

Default Re: How hard is it to kill the Brother in Rathe Mtn with Rob

your on a progrssion server if im not mistaken right?

your best bet is to do the camps. Bro Z doesnt drop the Robe as often as he once did and I'm sure whoever you muster up for Bro Z killing arent willing to do it everytime he spawns. Who are you racing with to get your epic done? The restrictions on your server are the reason why you joined it right? so why take shortcuts.

When i camped Raster there was a rotation of 6-12 monks there clearing camps around there - keeping that part of the zone clear. IF the other monks on your server are serious about their epics they'd be probably doing the same thing + earn some exp and loot while at it. So you wont be alone down there + you can work on getting a couple levels done. Take your notes out from Bodi Kibadachi's guide. Use it like the previous monks before you.

you know that feeling when you work on something so hard for? thats the feeling you should get when you complete the monk epic... Not Multiquested. No shortcuts. the Woot factor for yourself right? why cheapen that feeling? hehe then again we all play for different reasons...
    I still look at my post about completing the monk epic.
    (1/28/04 4:43 pm)
    Reply Re: Monks who completed the Celestial Fists Quest
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (5/29/03 4:24 am)
    Reply Finally!
    Camped Raster for 45+hrs in about 2 months time
    got Targin 6+ hrs after that for the RotLC
    YEsturday Camped Betrayer for 2 hours and got him 2x in Chardok (i looted one then as group was deciding where to go he popped for us again - friend looted to MQ sell)
    Camped Pawbuster for 2 days both for 6+ hrs in KC to get pipe
    i had necro friend charm Brother Balatin (no wait) and I made the turn-ins. now a proud owner of the Robe of the Whistling Fist and ready to become epic'd...

Baron Striding Cloud
    55 Master on Solusek Ro

Finally finished epic this past weekend. lol over 6months to complete but hey it finally got done...
    Final fight was an overkill of 2 groups
    Striding Cloud
    65th Transcendent
    <Empire of Eternity>
    Brother of the Celestial Fists
    theres nothing like the 1st major quest you complete.. ahh memory lane.
    I remember being happy getting my 1.5 and 2.0. I recall shaking excited when it was my turn to loot Raster and even overwhelmed completing the Celestial Fist. Its my most cherished EQ experience in the game. hehe.
    Striding Cloud of Solusek Ro

Ascendant Transcendent

ah the joys of our epic
    still a bit.. how do i say it.. annoyed? at the fact i say "anyone want to help me with epic?" i get "sure, where?" .."Chardok, betrayer camp" ..
    "umm, i gotta log"
    wooh for 2 weeks or so of asking every day and having ONE person help me for an hour or so (with no betrayer) ..
    meh, well, soon as my other comp can be used ill be gettin gon EQ to withstand the taunts from the 5 or so 50-55 monks that have epic due to lvl 70 alts *sigh*
    *sigh* still cant use my EQ computer because my sister decides to download some new crap every freaking day and its infected out the ass with spyware and crap (popping up with crap, virus scanner is going insane popping up with new crap, i left it in there doing a virus scan for 15 min ish, and came back to about 15-20 popups .. why does she have to download shit onto the EQ computer?)

Ancaglon, the pie is tepid at best. Interesting that Sony/Verant made a few of the AA's/ablities unresistable, but they aren't spells.

Ok I can agree that those game dynamics marked unresistable be they proc, ability or spell will indeed land, which makes perfect sense; but player cast spells aren't going to land so anyone going in thinking they are going to debuff and get a slow on, or use something out of their spell book to drop some damage on the brothers to back up the melee isn't going to happen any more than you are going to be able to hand him a 2hb and stop the quading.

The discussion was how to do it and what would it take, mostly in line with completing it on a prog server or with normal toons today. Telling somebody that spells land is an incorrect statement and bad advice. Listing the 10 or so unresistable abilities or AA's that exist in the game and will land would have been far more helpful than saying something as wide and varied as spells now land when we still know that isn't true.

Anyways I agree with the other posters that the original quest for the fists was one of my best memories in the game and I would hardily recommend to anyone actually playing their way up to do it as intended.

Your mileage may vary, and more power to you for it.

I remember trying him with my guild on Lanys a few years ago. Tank was a warrior in end game Velious loot and we wiped on our first try. When I got my lvl 1 monk his epic I soloed them very easily on my 70 shaman. Its a straight melee fight since spells wont land. I just panthered me and dog dog and it was a joke. Since you cant give him 2HBs anymore I think he can quad for 350s.

I've seen spells land. Recently-ish. It's not a hard fight anymore. My friend duo'd him easily with a pre-elemental monk and a baz geared[pre-oow] cleric.

Fang, no offense, but you sound like an old disgrunted "back in my day, we had to /quit to mem blur mobs." It's a cute shtick, but it's pretty tired. Ssoulle's not an idiot. You're simply wrong in this instance.

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

So...I see there hasn't been a post in quiet some time. I shall update this information.

My friend and I just took out Zephyl.
    2 Monks (55 and 57).
    55 Monk w/defiant gear, not all maxed out and healer merc.
    57 monk w/defiant gear, not all maxed out and tank merc.

57 monk aggro'd, FD, tank merc took over. We both started fighting @ 98% health left on Bro Z. We never got aggro from tank merc--I, 57 monk, didn't use any strikes/kicks.

Merc healer did just fine maintaining health...never dropped below 85% mana. We only had merc healer buffs. We did add skinspikes VI damage shield, but he only hit us once, and that was on aggro.

If it matters...we did not hand him a 2hb weapon. It also appeared he was wearing the robe.

Robe dropped. One down, one to go.

Note: "an obsidian drake" is not on the PH'er list. Logged in and saw it running it's path, killed it. Within 2 minutes saw "a drake" flying back to spawn point area.

Update:
    Using same method above, we were able to kill Bro Z a second time when 55 monk was AFK (healer merc was set to balanced) without issue. Healer merc did get down to 35% mana.
    Last edited by Itelar; 01-22-2014 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Updating information

Ascendant Transcendent Kaliaila's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Itelar View Post
    It also appeared he was wearing the robe.
    If you are in the zone when the Brother spawns and he is going to drop the robe then (most of the time) he will be wearing the Robe; however if he is up before you zone in or you zone after he spawns and come back he will not be wearing the Robe.

As for all of the people even way back when this post was made; I would make a point of redoing the whole Sash/Headband/Raster/Targin quests when I had friends farming the Brother's for the Robe and more times than not I got done before they got a Robe.
    Ascendant Apostle Xianzu Ryuukyo
    Bearer of the Shackle of Tynnonium
    Wielder of the Whistling Fists

Thread Information