Thread: The Hole parchment 1.5 epic

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training

Default The Hole parchment 1.5 epic

I know the loc for this parchment, but does anyone know where in the hole that is located and whether you need access through the locked doors?

I have been wandering around and cannot locate it. I saw brooze lee's guide which had a photo of the area, but trying to figure out where it is in The Hole is time consuming, any help would be appreciated.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Go to your maps directory and open up your Hole_1.txt file. At the bottom of the file put the following line in and save it.

P 65.0000, 90.0000, 0.0000, 255, 255, 255, 2, MnkGrndSpwn

It should put on your map where the ground spawn is approximately. It's been a while so can't describe the area but, I know there are no locked doors or anything

If you don't know it already - the location is +65, +90

That is great information, thanks. Is the P for positive? and will that same type of equation work for all maps i.e. other that the specific location, are the 255 etc. constants for marking locations?

Enlightened Grandmaster

At a guess:

P for point
    first 3 numbers are location coordinates (65,90,0)
    second three numbers are RGB values for the color, (255, 255, 255) would correspond to white.
    seventh number is the font size of the label (corresponding to small medium or large)
    Final part is the label text itself

Ascendant Stone Fist

What Fisticuffs said. Should work for all maps (zones). Depending on which map of the zone you put the information in, you will have to have that layer showing in your map window.

For instance if you put it in hole_1.txt then layer one should be showing, if you put in hole_2.txt then layer 2 etc.

I was confused by the door the first time I went down there as well. You have to go through the old city and you will end up on the other side of the door where you will find your parchment.
    Rhuma Tism - 70 Monk of Xegony
    Banjin -68 Wizard of Xegony

Does anyone know what the respawn is for this page? I've been waiting at the spot in the Hole now for an hour or so and it still hasn't poped. There wasn't anyone in the zone when I came in so I assume it's been a while since anyone picked it up but I can't be sure.

Enlightened Grandmaster

Heya Ob, did you finally get the parch? forgot to ask in game.

No I didn't get it yet. I left after being there for a couple hours to join an XP group. I'm going back tonight so hopefully it will be there. I was able to get the other 3 with no problems though.

Iksar Admin OMFG I Post Too Much Nedrom's Avatar

There is a bug where ground spawns are "underground"

These pages respawn very quickly, within minutes, especially the 1.5 drops.

Same issue with BiC drops in Kod`Taz, Qvic and Yxxta.

My suggestion would be to goto the /location and click everywhere on the ground. I've heard that even though you don't visually see the ground spawn you can still run up and click on the ground randomly and you will eventually get it.

Well I spent about an hour there tonight clicking every piece of ground around there and didn't find it. I petitioned it but it will probably be at least a month before my petition even gets read. Really frustrating and disappointing.

Enlightened Grandmaster

There used to be a really good map somewhere that showed the exact spawn point of the parchment. unfortunately i cant find it anywhere.

Ex-Druid Monk-in-Training Zzjinfue's Avatar

OK, pretty crude line drawing but you get the idea.

What most do, that have never been to the hole, is before you take the the long skinny, downward sloping hallway that enters you into the "ghost city" they take a right and go into the "castle" as you go through there you come to a locked door (where "E" is on the map.

Anyway hope this helped you.

That's the spot I've been looking, thanks for posting the map to confirm for me though.

The last patch must have fixed it, went there today and there it was

Enlightened Grandmaster

yay grats Obtero! have the poj trials all done yet?

I was able to do all the trials the other night except for Lashing. For some reason we kept failing it, 5 times. Not sure what we were doing wrong. We would begin killing the mobs that spawned and when the Dark Elf named Scourge spawned we would go kill the spirits right away. Most posts on Alla's said all 3 spirits have like 10HP each and should die in 1 hit basically and 2 of the 3 were like that but each time there was 1 spirit that was super tough. It took us about 30 seconds to kill it with 3 monks, a ranger and a warrior pounding on it. When it died the prisoners would despawn and we would fail the trial.

Does anyone have any additional information about this trial? Every person I asked seemed to remember that trial as being really easy so I'm not sure if it's bugged or what. I did /bug report on it.

Ascendant Stone Fist

See eqlive forums for posts about this trial.

Ascendant Stone Fist

Default Drop in?

can anyone post the way to the ground spawn from the drop in? i can get a cleric to bestow DA on me and get it that way, if its quicker... anyone know?

Ascendant Stone Fist

The quickest way to it is not by DA; it is to zone in through the normal zone in. Btw BDA goes to the short duration buff box (since TSS) so I don't think you'd want to try that.

Apostle Master

Default 11/11/2009 request regarding 1.5 page in Hole(Old Paineel)

See that Zzjinfue account inactive and he had an very okay map. So long since I have been in the Hole and of course now a deadly invader there called a Cliknar. Plus it had always been a confusing zone to me.

3 of us tried the other night and we got very smooshed!!! Mainly cause could not find the page required at loc +65 +90 . Took us to walls.

Any suggestions?

Appreciate any help.

/regards

Zarie
    Formely of Rodcet Nife now of Quellious

Ascendant Transcendent

Quote Originally Posted by Zarie View Post
    See that Zzjinfue account inactive and he had an very okay map. So long since I have been in the Hole and of course now a deadly invader there called a Cliknar. Plus it had always been a confusing zone to me.

3 of us tried the other night and we got very smooshed!!! Mainly cause could not find the page required at loc +65 +90 . Took us to walls.

Any suggestions?

Appreciate any help.

/regards

Zarie
    Formely of Rodcet Nife now of Quellious
    Probably just have to wait until after UF goes live and the nasties are removed or ask some bigger nasties to go help you.

Ascendant Stone Fist

I don't have any hints, but I do remember it being hard to find. I haven't been to the hole with the underfoot stuff in it, but if tougher mobs are in that area, I would just wait until they take them back out.

Druid in disguise Newbie Monk

I did this recently ( a few days ago ) and I think I can help a bit. The clicknar do NOT see through invis ( bring some cloudy potions ), though some of the Hole's native monsters deeper in do. The clicknar also have a fairly short aggro range so just stay away from them if your invis begins to drop. The parchment itself is in the main building just past the very first gate where you encounter the gargoyles sitting on the floor in one of the corners in the building.

I managed to get in and out in about 15 minutes without fighting a single thing, just gotta be patient.

Apostle Master

Default Thanks for responses and help.

And also thank you for the tips.

I went ahead and "asked for help and some bigger nasties helped me" - total control they had of those Cliknars- was a joy to see

Got the darn page now for turn in and then on to next part.

Night all and thanks. Fighting a darn cold and have severe snuffles!!!

/regards
    Zarie
    Formerly of Rodcet Nife now of Quellious

Thread Information