PDA

View Full Version : What's up?

Nedrom
11-26-2015, 12:52 PM
I haven't been online in a very long time and let my two subscriptions expire. Been busy with the two boys and not had much time free to game.

How are things after the new expansion? How is the monk class doing as a whole?

I think I left off with just COTF expansions on both my accounts and didn't journey into TDS as I'm only 100 and my bard is in the 90's IIRC.

sojuu
11-26-2015, 04:46 PM
This entire expansion is in shambles. And that doesn't even begin to express how bad it is.

Kaliaila
11-27-2015, 03:03 PM
Halfway through Beta, the problems just stopped being addressed in a timely manner, itemization was barely introduced in the final days of Beta, and Discs and AAs were either launched incomplete or dropped all together; and contrary to the lip service given in the introductory dev video about TBM, they pushed it to live as opposed to pushing back the launch date to insure a better quality product at launch.

The really bad thing about all of this is that this year they set it up so that everyone could read the Beta forums but only those in Beta could comment; thus everyone is able to see the lack of interaction and constant requests to push back the launch date and announce it in advance.

Nedrom
11-27-2015, 09:45 PM
Oh no makes me sad. EQ was a big part of my life and it is disappointing hearing things are not going well.

Kaliaila
11-28-2015, 10:27 AM
We're mostly sure that after they launch the new true box progression server that they will get the expansion fixed, but it is rather annoying.

Nedrom
11-28-2015, 01:45 PM
I don't get the fascination with all these new gimmick servers.

Kaliaila
11-28-2015, 05:33 PM
Well this new one is a bit more than gimmick, or at least it has 3 gimmicks. First, it is a progression server which unlocks every 90 days period. Second, it supposedly has someway of preventing you from playing multiple characters from the same computer, so if you wish to box with this one you actually have to have a separate box to do it (thus the True box part of the name). Third and finally, they supposedly made a deal with the devil in making this server such that those who make MQ (maybe one of the other groups who make similar programs too) will not (themselves) make it so that their software work on this server. The flaw of the third part is that MQ and all of the similar programs are all open source so anyone and their brother could get the source and make the appropriate changes to allow it to work on the new server.

wycca
12-27-2015, 03:52 PM
I don't get the fascination with all these new gimmick servers.

I'm playing on those gimmick servers, much better than the crap that live EQ looks like!

sensei savager
12-27-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm playing on those gimmick servers, much better than the crap that live EQ looks like!

Wycca, so disappointed.

wycca
12-30-2015, 01:29 PM
Wycca, so disappointed.

Lord, you got what, 2 new zone designs, 5 new "zones", no tradeskills, buggy crap, etc etc for a year-long expansion? Some ppl spent what, $100/$150 for the special expansion packages? Lol. Give me old content over that crap. Plus the modern game is some sorta odd monster =P.

Kaliaila
01-01-2016, 03:00 PM
Lord, you got what, 2 new zone designs, 5 new "zones", no tradeskills, buggy crap, etc etc for a year-long expansion? Some ppl spent what, $100/$150 for the special expansion packages? Lol. Give me old content over that crap. Plus the modern game is some sorta odd monster =P.

It is more likely that they went with this one being an expansion because it has a lot more content that they intend for the Campaigns to have so rather than calling it a campaign and have us extremely upset when the actual campaigns start coming out this spring, they decided to keep this one as an expansion.

Considering what you got for the Premium Edition over the CE, I am not really all that surprised at the price differences considering what the individual items that you got extra for the PE over the CE.

As for the number of zones, I think the people complaining about the reuse of the certain zones most basic geometry are kind of blowing it out of proportion. There are two 'new' zones (not Hate & Fear) which you instantly recognize as being copies of old zones, but they are actually intended to be noticed as such. The others you only realize that they have the same zone geometry because the maps are shaped the same; you do not zone in and instantly recognize them as the old zones until you see the map, and sometimes not even then.