PDA

View Full Version : Adps

sojuu
11-06-2015, 12:11 PM
So I been watching the threads about the new expansion, and something I have noticed is a lot seem to like the idea of giving us ADPS. Personally I don't like the idea and I know most havnt in the past, so has something changed with us that I am missing?

Mris
11-06-2015, 07:32 PM
It's actually been an idea tossed around for a few expansions now. As you say, it's unpopular with many people. The reason it is popular with those who want it is because it's a good way to secure a slot in a raid or group. Right now, we only bring our own DPS to the table. This can, at times, cost us. If a berserker can burn better AND boost the groups DPS, why bench them for a monk? While I personally don't like that direction for monks, the thinking is sound. I feel like it's outside the lore for the class, but if we get it, a boost is a boost.

sojuu
11-06-2015, 10:38 PM
Yea I dont like it either. Imo we should be spinning it they get adps so we shoukd get the tradeoffof being more instead of they have x can i have it too.

Sorick
11-07-2015, 04:41 AM
Yea I dont like it either. Imo we should be spinning it they get adps so we shoukd get the tradeoffof being more instead of they have x can i have it too.

Spinning it to be able to get higher DPS since Monks bring nothing to a raid besides DPS is nice and all, but it's been proven time after time that Monks will never get enough DPS to approach Wizards/Rogues/Berserkers.

The only thing left is trying to get ADPS so there is an actual reason to have a Monk in a prime raid group spot.

Just look at the melee AA boosts not long ago. Where did the Monks get placed at on those? With the freakin' Tanks and now falling even further behind in DPS.

It's just the way it is.

Ishtass
11-07-2015, 12:30 PM
Their reasoning is that we have better survivability and higher sustained dps. However in practice it doesn't seem to matter much.

I also prefer to avoid adps.

Kaliaila
11-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Their reasoning is that we have better survivability and higher sustained dps. However in practice it doesn't seem to matter much.

I also prefer to avoid adps.

This is because their reasoning is BS and lies for just about every major change that they have made in the last year.

They constantly forget we exist and mistake other classes for us giving them bonuses we should have gotten.

Ishtass
11-07-2015, 11:21 PM
I don't disagree with you. I just would prefer more dps over adps.