PDA

View Full Version : TLP Trio around a Monk

Morulak
10-31-2015, 07:49 AM
Morning all,

I am returning and want to give a go on one of the TLP servers, I know i want the monk to be the main but can have up too 3 accounts.

Preference would be Iksar, Looking to make a trio around the monk that will take into consideration starting on the TLP and eventually moving up to Current game.

Dythan Dabrave
11-01-2015, 02:09 AM
Shammy for the 2nd account.

3rd account
Chanter for crack and haste and mez
Druid for ports, buffs and backup heals
Mage for insane pet dps and tankage

Really just depends on what roles you need filled.

Playmaker2
11-04-2015, 01:04 PM
I went with a shaman/druid/mage trio to go with my monk. No ragrets.

Xosa
11-06-2015, 10:30 PM
Monk, shaman, wizard here for over a decade and that trip has always rocked it.

Morulak
11-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Monk, shaman, wizard here for over a decade and that trip has always rocked it.

That is an interesting mix. I checked your magelo and notice the Monk is raid geared. How long has that been the case? how far were you able to go as just a group geared trio? Even with raid gear, is the monk still tanking current content or do you use a tank merc?

Kaliaila
11-11-2015, 05:49 AM
The period of time where being raid geared would really matter has long past. While you might not be able to do everything under the sun, you can do just about everything group-wise due to the fact that the gap between group and raid gear is not as big (going by %s) as it was in the past.

While you can do things considerably easier and faster if you do have raid gear, you are not going to be that far behind if you only have group gear. Being group geared is just going to require you to become more skilled at what you will be doing, as well as being more knowledgeable of the class(es) that you play.

Xosa
11-15-2015, 04:44 PM
That is an interesting mix. I checked your magelo and notice the Monk is raid geared. How long has that been the case? how far were you able to go as just a group geared trio? Even with raid gear, is the monk still tanking current content or do you use a tank merc?
Monk doesn't tank. Monk is my raid main, he'd still do fine with group gear. All the raid gear does is make him do a little more DPS. Even with raid gear, my tank merc handily out-tanks the monk.

Xosa
11-15-2015, 04:55 PM
Also, what you get with that trio is pretty well-rounded. pulling, scouting, and DPS of the monk; the buffs/rebuffs and utilities of the shaman; and the DPS/snare/ports/evacs of the wizard, who can also do group IVU. Also, this trio has a lot of burst DPS for namers. Wizards on burn are just silly DPS.

I usually run 1 tank and 2 heal mercs, all of whom are fully upgraded. I rarely have to supplement heals with the shaman, even with 3-4 mobs in camp. Getting slow on all the mobs quickly makes everything very manageable.