PDA

View Full Version : Fade and Moving Mountains Nerfs incoming

Kaliaila
09-19-2015, 11:58 PM
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/september-patch-preview.226581/

Well it seems like they decided to keep to their new trend of balancing good news (no campaign but instead a full expansion) with major uncalled for nerfs. This time they are making people who don't regularly use the abilities not care as much because they are effectively removing the need for having a click for more than one click (though you will still need it if you decide to change your clickies).

As I've read it, they have made up a bunch of 'bugs' which they have never once mentioned since Fade existed or since the introduction of Hate's Attraction/Moving Mountains; and they are now 'fixing' these never before mentioned bugs. They are additionally 'adding' level caps to these abilities. (Yay, more AAs to buy to do something that previously requires no additional AAs after the initial investment.)

What's even more annoying and frustrating is that the lazy asses are trying to make it out like either of these abilities had a single thing to do with the death of pulling as a role or necessary in grouping or raiding. I mean a puller has not been a required role in groups since years before Hate's Attraction was even an idea in someone's head.

Phreaky
09-20-2015, 11:13 AM
Yeah it's pretty annoying. On the flip side they at least gave us a LITTLE dps upgrade with Destructive Force. Not that it's going to matter much but something is better than nothing I suppose.

I'm fully expecting to get dicked over on AAs / disc upgrades like usual. If it's better than that I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Kaliaila
09-20-2015, 03:32 PM
Yeah it's pretty annoying. On the flip side they at least gave us a LITTLE dps upgrade with Destructive Force. Not that it's going to matter much but something is better than nothing I suppose.

I'm fully expecting to get dicked over on AAs / disc upgrades like usual. If it's better than that I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Yeah, but I also fully expect them to now nerf Destructive Force and the other lines as they originally wanted to so that they are all just 1 second per rank. Which I think would result in a net loss of dps compared to what we have currently without the double/triple attacks and such being made AE as well.

Gorkeyah
09-24-2015, 11:25 PM
The new destructive force is awesome! Hehe

Repticlan
09-29-2015, 10:20 PM
I just tried MM on the namer in WK1 raid. Even con to me at 105. Fail..."Deathmaster Sarenth is too high a level for you to pull with that spell"

That just blows.

Gorkeyah
09-30-2015, 09:34 PM
While doing initial mobs in AM-3 (e.g. skeletons) FD doesn't drop agro until you get far enough away from BOSS and it's a small room. heh

Kaliaila
10-03-2015, 06:49 PM
While doing initial mobs in AM-3 (e.g. skeletons) FD doesn't drop agro until you get far enough away from BOSS and it's a small room. heh

You mean even after more than a minute FD?

Gorkeyah
10-04-2015, 04:47 PM
You mean even after more than a minute FD?

No, I mean short flops to drop me down on agro. Wasn't working.

Rallon
10-05-2015, 01:52 AM
So does Lull and MM work on anything anymore? ...they have failed on all the mobs I have tried them on so far.

Gorkeyah
10-05-2015, 07:12 PM
I think MM has to be blue cons or lower. Not sure about lull.

Mris
10-06-2015, 04:51 PM
MM is 100 or lower. Same with Hate's Attraction. Lull, I don't know. Supposedly they will or did make it more viable, tagging fewer mobs as immune. But our lull disc is usually capped at the max player level for the time the disc is current, so who can say how much good that is.

Kaliaila
10-08-2015, 04:55 AM
MM is 100 or lower. Same with Hate's Attraction. Lull, I don't know. Supposedly they will or did make it more viable, tagging fewer mobs as immune. But our lull disc is usually capped at the max player level for the time the disc is current, so who can say how much good that is.

MM AA says 104 or lower @105, and I have not had any issue flinging DBs with it. The Lull generally is more of an issue of how close the mobs are to each other and it being capped at 105. I've honestly had more problems with the Mez since the change than I have the others.