PDA

View Full Version : Something strange and of course worrying

Rten
08-10-2015, 07:47 PM
I was noticing my audio trigger for "you twincast thunderfoot" was never going off. So I just looked bavk through my logs and sometime back in May was the last time I got one. I have examples of hitting multiple in a row (very rarely) but 0 twincast. Ok the damage is looking normal for them, just no twinprocs.

My game play has been spotty last couple of months, so the actual change may have happened after the 25th of May but before the 18th of July which was my next play day.

Update there was a change posted on Lucy that says something changed in thunderfoot on the 12th of June

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=38080&source=Live

I have not checked to see if other changes were made then too

Kaliaila
08-11-2015, 02:49 AM
Well, what are some spells which specifically are set to not be twincast? If all of those spells also have Unknown211 set to 0 then that would be an indication that they changed it for Thunderfoot.

While I cannot specify which day it started on (due to my having apparently goofed while splitting my log and my HD dying), I can say that since June 17 I have not experienced a single twincast of Thunderfoot. So I have had 4,500ish casts of Thunderfoot, but no twincasts.

I've did quick searches of the updates from may thru the present and cannot see any changes to Thunderfoot or twincast/proc being mentioned. It would be great if someone who plays daily could load up Gamparse and search for their most recent "you twincast thunderfoot." Just to make sure we just haven't been really unlucky.

Aggememnon
08-11-2015, 07:53 AM
I really would not be surprised...I'd bet it happened during the change to proc rates in July, so probably worth checking before and after that...:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-july-22-2015.225121/

Probably worth checking with Rogues on Massive strike, as its their equivalent. Its possible they goofed something, and some combination of factors had this 'undesired' effect?

Can't help you with logs though, sorry. I've given up on EQ for now.

Mris
08-11-2015, 06:48 PM
My last logged twincast of thunderfoot is June 16. Other procs continue to twincast, with the same twincast message, after that point.

Phreaky
08-14-2015, 11:49 AM
I think we need to bring this up with the devs.

Qulas
08-17-2015, 02:17 AM
Looks like Infusion of Thunder Effect isn't being twincast anymore either

Qulas
08-17-2015, 02:27 AM
Did some digging, and it looks like something happened in the June patch. Both Thunderfoot and Infusion of Thunder Effect had this specific spell change made

06/17/2015 - Monk Level changed from '255' to '254'

After that they both become unable to be twincast.

Mris
08-17-2015, 04:46 PM
06/17/2015 - Monk Level changed from '255' to '254'

After that they both become unable to be twincast.

That makes sense. The difference between Twincast and Twinproc is that Twinproc doesn't work on class spells. AFAIK, it differentiates between the two by mana cost (less than 10) and having a level. Level 255 isn't a "level" for this purpose, but an AA or proc. Must be 254 IS a level. (This also makes the same spell be a 'spell' for one class, but a 'proc' for others, depending on what level it has for each class. Which has other consequences that people didn't think about years ago.)

Next question: Was not Twinprocing intentional, or a side effect of accomplishing something else?

Phreaky
08-18-2015, 11:17 AM
Either way I posed about it on the boards here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/monk-thunderkick-and-twincast-broken.225995/

If something happens great. If not, I won't be surprised. I don't have a dev's ear to bend so I figured lets at least get it out in the open.

And I derped and called it Thunderkick.

Attickus
10-05-2015, 01:12 AM
Not to revive a thread that hasnt been posted in a month and a half, but can someone explain something to me about Thunderfoot not going off even close to what it use to?

The reason why I'm asking is because after raiding tonight and getting a grand total of 5 Thunderfoot procs each in Arx 1 and Arx 2, I decided to go through and look at my logs from before they changed the procs in July or June I think one of those it was(Not completely sure since I was gone for a couple months when things changed that i've been reading).

When I went back through my older parse log's of about 6 weeks of Arx 1 and Arx 2 raids that I noticed I was getting anywhere between 33-61(lowest number of thunderfoots to highest in events) in Arx before the change.

I also went through and looked specifically at how many of those 33-61 were twincast/twinprocs over the 6 week's of raiding per event of Arx 1 and Arx 2.

Going from the lowest amount of twincasts/twinprocs to highest amount of twincasts/twinprocs ended up being 7-12(lowest number of twincasts/twinprocs of thunderfoot to highest amount in the events over the period of parsing during raids). With losing those with them not being able to twincast/twinprocs that should still be better proc rate then I have currently.

Can someone please explain how this could be such a drastic change in number of procs of thunderfoot? I believe it's not just making thunderfoot unable to be twincast/twincproc'd whenever it was patched that is the problem.

Gorkeyah
10-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Might be it lost some other mods that might have made it proc more also. I find I get a lot during a heel burn relative to other times, so it doesn't seem to work like weapon procs where it's a set per minute thing.