PDA

View Full Version : dragons punch \dragons balance

sojuu
02-18-2015, 09:51 AM
I know this is a sore topic in the monk community getting a disc thats useless to us. I mainly post this because it makes us as CRTs look bad that it seems we have not had much involvment in this. But I would like to assure you this being addressed is not from lack of involvment on our part. Its been brought up numerous times since beta and I really cant count how many times in the added channels and contact we have the times its been addressed since beta and while its been on live. For that I really wanna appologize it hasnt been fixed but we can only bring topics to thier attention and we have. This post alone may not go over well in the dev community but oh well it makes me look bad that it gives the impression we arnt bringing this stuff up. And to me its more important for the community to trust me to address topics than to look good in thier eyes. And with the path of this topic it can cause you all to not trust I will address topics with the lack of i guess the best word is transparency. So yea that a bit rambled but this is posted from a tablet and hard to edit, but gives you all an idea of my frustrations and the knowledge that we are tryimg and doing all we can. Sorry I cant say more but exact convos are covered under an NDA but I do believe its safe to let you all know we have been addressing the topic and trying.

Aggememnon
02-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Thanks for that - its at least good to know you are still trying.
On a related note, I would guess with the takeover of SoE, that pretty much nothing will happen on development fronts for an even more protracted period, till things settle down. Just wondered if you got the impression, from internal boards or whatever, whether or not the new company would be keen to look into where monks (and other classes even) fit in terms of balance. Specifically, I thinking of where our dps should be, and how much that should be offset with our 'tankability'. Same for other classes really. Are they even thinking of what classes are OP'ed and such?

cheers

Phreaky
02-19-2015, 04:06 PM
This isn't your fault Sojuu, it's entirely the dev/support team's. We've made this problem known to them on multiple fronts but it took someone interacting directly with the responsible developer to get it addressed.

That's a problem with their internal communications. Frustrating but not your fault in the slightest.

Ishtass
02-19-2015, 08:21 PM
Keep fighting the good fight Sojuu

Nedrom
02-19-2015, 11:58 PM
https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/dragons-balance.215011/page-4#post-3169471

sojuu
02-20-2015, 12:57 AM
I guess what Im also saying is dont get your hopes up for a fix to be incoming, as its been known about and by the correct people. And complained about in every possible way with the results you have seen thus far.

Nedrom
02-20-2015, 07:52 AM
No need to be negative. If Prathun says it's going to be fixed it will be.

He's higher on the team than Aristo and Elidroth from what I know and he didn't know about it until I raised it last week. I have worked with Prathun many years and I am confident. I'm glad he is back on EQ.

Phreaky
03-19-2015, 09:47 AM
And as per the test patch notes they fucked it up.

Our AA that gives us the knockback is going away. That's the fix. .......

sensei savager
03-19-2015, 05:21 PM
WTB hastened grapple or hastened MM to compensate

Ishtass
03-19-2015, 07:29 PM
Fucking amazing. Next they'll remove Tradeskill AA's and everything else that can have sometimes unwanted consequences...

Aggememnon
03-20-2015, 06:39 AM
To be honest, I don't think I am surprised.
DB took over EQ, and immediately reduced the devs and customer service.

The cheapest way to fix something thats buggy is just removed it. It has no real knock on effect to the code base, so there ya go.

Sadly I think that melee now have no hope of ever getting balanced v caster/hybrid again. Let alone melee dps balancing.
Funny how they ignore the big bugs and just scythe away the tiny ones ...

Kaliaila
03-21-2015, 03:42 PM
That's sad.

Attickus
03-22-2015, 02:09 AM
WTB hastened grapple or hastened MM to compensate

agreed, either would work, preferably the 2nd compared to the first of your suggestion.

sojuu
03-22-2015, 12:35 PM
No need to be negative. If Prathun says it's going to be fixed it will be.

He's higher on the team than Aristo and Elidroth from what I know and he didn't know about it until I raised it last week. I have worked with Prathun many years and I am confident. I'm glad he is back on EQ.

Still have faith? Really sorry guys wish qulas and I could do more as CRT members with better results :/

Nedrom
03-25-2015, 04:04 PM
Still have faith? Really sorry guys wish qulas and I could do more as CRT members with better results :/

I have no faith in Aristo and Elidroth as they don't understand our class.

Prathun could easily fix it but it's not his role anymore. Sadly we did the best we can.

I don't mean to hate on Aristo and Elidroth but I've been playing this game, providing feedback for this damned class for almost 13 years and these two guys have shown that they do not and will not provide us the time we need to be a successful class in this game.

Mris
03-25-2015, 06:11 PM
I have no faith in Aristo and Elidroth as they don't understand our class.

Prathun could easily fix it but it's not his role anymore. Sadly we did the best we can.

I don't mean to hate on Aristo and Elidroth but I've been playing this game, providing feedback for this damned class for almost 13 years and these two guys have shown that they do not and will not provide us the time we need to be a successful class in this game.

Lets be fair here. Think what you wish of Elidroth, but he doesn't belong in the same class as Aristo. I'd rather have 5 years of Elidroth than 1 year of Aristo. Elidroth COMMUNICATES.

Ishtass
03-25-2015, 07:57 PM
Lets be fair here. Think what you wish of Elidroth, but he doesn't belong in the same class as Aristo. I'd rather have 5 years of Elidroth than 1 year of Aristo. Elidroth COMMUNICATES.

:iagree:

Nedrom
03-25-2015, 10:23 PM
Point was... These problems predate DB takeover.

Nedrom
03-25-2015, 10:27 PM
Lets be fair here. Elidroth COMMUNICATES.

By saying no to everything? He even said he couldn't reproduce this bug. It took Prathun all of 5 minutes to figure it out. Effective communication does not occur, which is why even after patch it's still completely broken.

Kaliaila
03-26-2015, 11:35 PM
If Prathun was any better he would have told them to implement our solution, instead they went with something where the cure is worse than the disease.

Gorkeyah
03-30-2015, 10:54 PM
So other than losing knockback, do you use dragons balance now? I was trying it out, and the spam was confusing. I had trouble determining what damage it was doing and there seemed to be two different messages when it goes off.

Gorkeyah
04-01-2015, 12:14 AM
I played around with it. rk1 dragon punch is a small amount better than rk3 eagles. It's weird that it has two messages. One of the messages seems to be capable of generating a tiny bit (like 40 heh) of non-melee damage in addition to the strike proc it's suppose to do. I guess the other message is the now non-functional knock back.

Zarie
04-03-2015, 08:13 PM
Thank you for the constant follow though and hard work making sure monks are not shortchanged in the HP area etc.
/bow
Zarie

Kaliaila
05-22-2015, 02:27 AM
Well, it is now all fixed correctly. Or it should be.

- Monk - Restored the knockback on the spell Dragon Force. The monk skill Dragon's Balance will no prevent Dragon Force from being cast while Dragon's Balance Effect is active.