PDA

View Full Version : Im back...

Shukkex
01-04-2015, 03:34 PM
Downloaded EQ and logged on for the first time in quite a while. Havent played in a few years. Seems to be alot of changes and i have that "lost puppy" feeling. Picking up where i left off at lvl 88, 4200aa (6600 total spent), and tower geared. Goal is to get back into raiding high end again.

Some things i dont understand... Why is some gear yellow or purple tinted? And i cant see why my charm has 0 stats (based on str stat), or why my anguish robe gives more hp than stormhand bp lol?

I plan to free play this week and get reaquainted with the game before upgrading membership... Noticed some of my clickies arent available til then. Whats the "go to" guide for progression now? Suggestions on aa spending? And if anyone would be kindenough to give me a crash course on ability stacking, as im feeling very noobish now, that would be great. Right now im trying to get all my hotkeys back in order lol. Gamewide monk channel i could join to pick some brains would be great as well ;)

sensei savager
01-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Yellow/purple gear I think means that you either don't meet the recommended level for the item or you have to be gold to use it or the aug that's equipped in it. (think if it's labelled prestige you can't use it until you are gold member) you can always join serverwide.monkly:business and ask questions there

Shukkex
01-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Yah... I had to pay all access to be able to use my gear. I thought 11k hp unbuffed seemed a little off lol

Nedrom
01-05-2015, 12:41 PM
What server are you on?

I've been thinking about playing again part time, I never finished my goal of levelling up. Still at 96 :(

Shukkex
01-09-2015, 01:05 AM
Im still on drinal ned :)

Kaliaila
01-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Purple = Prestige augment not adding its stats to the item into which it is inserted.
Yellow = Prestige item that will not add any stats.

I think there is also:
Red = You do not meet level requirements to use item.

The clickies you could not use were probably can use, thus since they were prestige you couldn't click them.

Shukkex
01-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Yah... I noticed all my gear was restricted without all access. Once i paid sub everything went back to normal. So far im enjoying playing again and seeing some old names around. Ive died... Alot lol. But the dust is getting knocked off.

Right now my biggest obstacle is gear.. Im sooo undergeared now its not even funny lol.

Kaliaila
01-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Right now my biggest obstacle is gear.. Im sooo undergeared now its not even funny lol.
If you're gear is near or similar to what's in your magelo link, then you could easily go into the bazaar and increase your gear a little bit, though if you wait till 92, you could significantly bump it up with RoF gear. I think that stuff is reasonably priced; at least on Tunare it is, but I haven't looked lately.

Shukkex
01-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Fairly accurate... Magelo is off aroun 700aa/3k hp

Zarie
01-12-2015, 03:38 PM
Welcome back.
I still have a tough time working stuff out!!!
Zarie
Created on Rodcet Nife , merged with Quellious and then again Povar!

Shukkex
02-03-2015, 05:55 PM
Ty zarie :) yah.. Im getting back into the swing of things ;)