PDA

View Full Version : Back-ish

Wonton
08-23-2014, 01:28 AM
Hey monks. Long time!

Got back with Wonton 2.0 and I'm level 90 now. I could use some cliff notes as to what's good/skill-wise and what I need to go out of my way to get asap.

I'm pretty much on training wheels again, and suggestions on an easy(doesn't have to be great exp, as I'm still maxing combat skills etc) to solo/merc would be appreciated. I had a rather humbling experience this afternoon, and I know that I have a lot of work to do.

A guildy linked me to eqresource, and it looks like it kind of picks up where rasper's left off.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys again.

Truyth
08-23-2014, 03:20 AM
Welcome back, I can't offer great insight since I've returned as well and I'm still relearning everything!

Ishtass
08-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Wb!

One of the big changes is that Tiger Claw is unlinked from Flying Kick now, so spam both.

We also get a large percentage of our damage these days from kicks, so focus some attention to the kick AA's.

Wonton
08-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Nice! Had no idea.

Is impen still our go to defensive?

Ishtass
08-23-2014, 02:18 PM
There's a slightly different one called Earthforce now. It's the same idea, but lower odds of the higher rank "rune" that you get, but it also slightly increases dps.

Depending on the scenario, people still use both versions.

Mris
08-23-2014, 03:35 PM
There's a slightly different one called Earthforce now. It's the same idea, but lower odds of the higher rank "rune" that you get, but it also slightly increases dps.

Depending on the scenario, people still use both versions.

Lower odds of rk3, but lower odds of rk1 as well, iirc. It's supposed to average out ti the same number of rune counters. Earthforce, though, has a lower reuse time IF you have a chest piece fromT3 RoF or later. Otherwise the reuse is the same as full-hastened impen. (Same duration as maxed out impen by default.)

Wonton
08-25-2014, 09:15 AM
Good info, thanks guys.

As far as clickies go, I'm going to have to refarm them all. Are there any new clickies for levitate/haste/shrink or is it business as usual?

A guildmate was helping me level last night and introduced me to the alt currency vendor(marks of somethingorother). I saw damage augs, so I'll probably get those asap. I didn't notice any ac/hp/heroic augs but I wasn't there long.

tyranosawr
08-25-2014, 10:32 AM
Can buy the levi click from Marketplace if you dont wanna farm one its 100sc called Nimbus of the cloudwalker iirc

rapitiss
08-25-2014, 05:51 PM
If you are paying for a gold membership - you want to collect your free 500 sc every 30 days.

just type /market and look in the upper left corner.

Mris
08-26-2014, 05:30 PM
The easiest Shrink you can get is from an anniversary task, but, that's not a quick option, obviously. (Ring of the Ancients) Personally, I still use my Humanoid Reductionizer, but Earring of Diminutiveness or Demagnifying Glass are solid options as always.

Easiest lev has already been said (Ball of Fluffy Cotton) but note that it is a Nimbus effect and thus extremely lame and annoying. (IMO.)

Haste... CBQ for life! (Unless you want to use the lame tradeskill gloves they have now, which have a short duration haste effect that procs. Or so I'm told.)

Note that there are actually 6 vendors for CotF group gear.

The T1 vendor and T2 vendor are self explanatory. Note that everything is req 100 anyway, so might as well buy T2 stuff where available. (I do recommend grabbing a Disciple's Dragonstaff from the T1 vendor, however.) Note all slots are available from one vendor, so mix and match is an option. (Both T1 hth weapons are drop-only, for instance.)

T1 also has a Mercenary Equipment merchant. Low priority IMO.

Additionally, there are vendors for VoA, HoT, and Underfoot equipment, at lower prices than the other gear. These merchants do have some AC/HP/Heroic augs, so they're worth checking out. (As well as other slots, but it's not as useful as the augs unless you aren't 100 yet.) These also have mercenary gear, which is again low priority.

Wonton
08-26-2014, 07:08 PM
Thanks Mris-- that's really helpful stuff. Good to see you're still around.

Zarie
08-27-2014, 11:41 AM
Quoting you Wonton - nice to see you around.
Zarie

Phreaky
08-27-2014, 01:20 PM
WB Wonton!

;tell bristle.taiqwon if you want any interactive help!

Aenoan
03-17-2015, 07:19 PM
Wonton! Welcome back! I am returning as well. But are you not on Povar anymore? What happened to your old monk?