PDA

View Full Version : TDS AA info

Obiziana
08-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Eli has announced IRC chats for TDS AAs. Monks will be grouped with rogues, bards and zerkers on 8/27 starting at 10:00 AM PDT.

He's already posted the "upgrade AA" lines on google drive here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz8DhhLkRmzzTGtneEI3ZEJuQUU&usp=sharing

Few interesting things of that jumped out at me.

#1. Finishing blow is being extended, which I was under the impression that it was going away.
#2. We are getting a Two-Handed Bash AA.
#3. Hastened Synergy 4, and 5. Will we be able to keep the debuff up on our own now?
#4. Tactical Mastery 6... more strike through? Haven't we been at 100% for years now?

Gorkeyah
08-21-2014, 01:52 PM
#3. Hastened Synergy 4, and 5. Will we be able to keep the debuff up on our own now?

Doesn't sound like they put a lot of thought into them.

Synergy, however, was already hastened enough to sometimes buff your own synergy if the timers landed right.

Ishtass
08-21-2014, 07:23 PM
They have this argument that there's monks running around out there without the gear to put them at 100% strikethrough, yet have the time to grind these AA. I want their weed.

Nedrom
08-21-2014, 10:01 PM
more strike through are you fucking kidding me

Nedrom
08-21-2014, 10:01 PM
And yes, we've been over 100% for close to half a decade

http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36135&highlight=strikethrough

Kaliaila
08-22-2014, 05:57 AM
#1. Finishing blow is being extended, which I was under the impression that it was going away.
#2. We are getting a Two-Handed Bash AA.
#4. Tactical Mastery 6... more strike through? Haven't we been at 100% for years now?

When they revamped and changed HS, Assassinate, and Decap they also changed Finishing Blow. So for the same reason there are new ranks of these there are new ranks of FB.
Well, I suppose that will be another tanking benefit of 2hb; assuming that means that when we use 2hb we will occasionally score a bash?
With HS4 we should easily be able to have the debuff up all the time, which implies that our synergy line will now start to be balanced around the debuff being on at all times; so definitely easy with HS5
As other's have said WTF? Last time we got one of these they told us, they hadn't realized that we were already way over the minimum amount and that they would look at removing/refunding some of them. I am betting they forgot; probably oh hey we haven't upgraded this in a few expansions let's up it. Is there any chance at all TM does something for us other than strikethrough?

sojuu
08-24-2014, 04:30 PM
I in barely looked at the spreadsherts as one of Eli's posts even said 2h bash should have been war only when asked about zerker, then 2 pists later he says it was old data. Kinda makes me wonder what the point in oisting it was :/

Kaliaila
08-25-2014, 01:02 AM
The need to have a point for doing stuff?

sojuu
08-26-2014, 12:41 PM
Well not much time to come up with ideas, but anything anyone have that wants it thrown out there if they cant attend?

Obiziana
08-26-2014, 01:02 PM
Reduce ID to 30 seconds :)

A special "Flying Kick" sort of like battle leap, make us come flying across the screen ala Crouching Tiger.... Then end it with a big hit, something on par with Crane.

Kaliaila
08-26-2014, 02:38 PM
Yeah, Necro's who've had their version of ID for a lot shorter time than us got theirs reduced to 90 seconds in the last AA update for CotF; we should at least get ours to match theirs if not to be faster than theirs. After all we have as much if not more reason to need to use ours than they do.

Kicaz
08-26-2014, 04:26 PM
I had been wanting ID reduced for sooooooo long. I think less than 30 seconds wouldnt be asking for too much. How could it be abused? i dont understand why it hasnt been changed already.

Also, the thing about strikethrough could be brought up at the chat and maybe they will listen. Im sure there will be an overwhelming response if something is mentioned in chat.

The leap thing could be like blink maybe... Speaking of blink, i would love the reuse reduced on that.

Mris
08-26-2014, 05:37 PM
They've started giving our older specials a purpose, so why not continue?

Round Kick AA: Roundhouse Kick - AE round kick. Yeah, that's all.

FK, Dragon Punch, Tiger Claw, Eagle Strike all have abilities linked to them now... I did have an idea for Kick at one time, but I can't recall it now.

Hastened Purify request per usual.
Hastened ID request per usual.

A special "Flying Kick" sort of like battle leap, make us come flying across the screen ala Crouching Tiger.... Then end it with a big hit, something on par with Crane.

I always thought this type of thing would do well as a Blink + Dragon Punch that used the momentum of Blink to make the knockback massive. (Appear in front of the mob, then mob goes flying.) But hey, whatever we can get, right?

cheapfx
08-26-2014, 09:08 PM
ID - Attach invis to undead to this along with shortening the reuse. Im sick of carrying around invis to undead pots.

sojuu
08-27-2014, 12:36 AM
My list that I personally want is reduction to ID, and some sort of agro ability to use with moving mountains. And hell maybe even a reduction to MM. Focused blink to allow it to not break invis or even give us invis at the end of it. Then also plan to bring up the tacticle mastery thing. This is all just in case im not there, but I do plan to be.

And all the ideas mentioned no matter if I think they are good or bad I will try to mention them. But I will wait until chat calms a bit. This way in case that person shows up they can present thier case for the AA. Main reason I would perfer to do it this way is someone that thinks it is a good idea for example will be more apt to word it better. As in the case of the ivu with ID only using this as an example because I wouldnt csre if we had it added or not. So when I present it, it will be hey someone suggested ivu with imitate death. The person that wants it will probably word it better. And since im a firm believer in perception is everything I would perfer to allow the person wanting it to suggest it.

Qulas
08-27-2014, 10:50 AM
Please please please nobody ask for track

Phreaky
08-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Not sure if anyone is watching this during the chat (can't really go as I'm working) but I would love some sort of agro ability so that I can tank for my group and not have my ranger having to just autoattack to keep from pulling agro.

They have ferocious kicks. It's optional. Give us a like ability and I'd be pumped.

Kaliaila
09-04-2014, 05:38 AM
Please please please nobody ask for track
Maybe we should have, he might have actually said maybe to that lol.