PDA

View Full Version : SOE sites/forums down

Obiziana
07-16-2014, 10:38 AM
Got to love this, Sony forgot to pay the domain renewal on their websites...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2454820/sony-gaming-websites-down-over-unpaid-bills.html

“The payment notifications went to a junk email box,” Smedley tweeted, adding, “Someone left and it got caught in the replacements junk filter. Simple as that. Embarrassing as that. No point dodging.”

Nedrom
07-16-2014, 12:59 PM
Were the emails going to Aristo's mailbox?

Oh snap..

Phreaky
07-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Things have been quite dodgy lately with regards to server stability.

We've had massive lag issues in recent weeks, making raiding difficult. This DNS fiasco pops up. Last night we were in the middle of a raid and all of Bristlebane just froze. Literally froze for like 60 sec. No one could cast, use abilities, etc. People in general chat were complaining so it sounds like it was the whole server. It wiped our raid.

There's been an unusually high amount of technical problems over there this year. I hope it doesn't continue because these problems make you just want to log out and go find something else to do.

Ishtass
07-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Were the emails going to Aristo's mailbox?

Oh snap..

I lol'd

Kaliaila
07-19-2014, 03:52 AM
We've had massive lag issues in recent weeks, making raiding difficult. This DNS fiasco pops up. Last night we were in the middle of a raid and all of Bristlebane just froze. Literally froze for like 60 sec. No one could cast, use abilities, etc. People in general chat were complaining so it sounds like it was the whole server. It wiped our raid.

That sounds like the server itself might be having problems. I remember Tunare having issues like that just before they upgraded our server farm; at the time we were using the oldest equipment of all the servers.

Kelefane
07-20-2014, 11:04 PM
Yet more log in issues earlier today. The entire infrastructure of this game (EQ1) has gone to shit.

Famulus Solari
07-27-2014, 07:35 PM
I mentioned the DNS fiasco to a friend and he suggested, "Shows they're not paying much attention to the game." And my reply was, "But they'll sure enough take your forty bucks for a lame expansion and apply those funds to a Landmark EQNext..."

Kaliaila
07-29-2014, 12:11 AM
I mentioned the DNS fiasco to a friend and he suggested, "Shows they're not paying much attention to the game." And my reply was, "But they'll sure enough take your forty bucks for a lame expansion and apply those funds to a Landmark EQNext..."
Your friend's logic doesn't hold. The DNA fiasco affected ALL SOE games including EQ Next and other newer games. Honestly, their (SOE's) explanation is the most believable one I have heard. That kind of thing happens all the time when there are personnel changes.

Nedrom
08-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Your friend's logic doesn't hold. The DNA fiasco affected ALL SOE games including EQ Next and other newer games. Honestly, their (SOE's) explanation is the most believable one I have heard. That kind of thing happens all the time when there are personnel changes.

Domain registration and certificate renewals is on the fault of their IT department, not any of the developers.

But yes, personnel changes, email accounts get closed or forwarded or not looked at.

To be fair... any company that has expirations coming up, they give you warning months in advance.

Can't blame the devs here.