PDA

View Full Version : So that new AA...

Gorkeyah
07-03-2014, 09:53 AM
We have a new AA -forget the name- but it says something about getting endurance back for eagle strikes. Sounds pretty useless, but has anyone played with it? Switching to eagles balance might not be too painful if it gave a nice amount of endurance, but switching to eagles instead of flying kick would be ridiculous unless you were out of endurance and no other way to get it back.

Zerric
07-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Yea divine surge of battle.

Ishtass
07-03-2014, 02:07 PM
When do we run out of endurance?

Saderakh
07-03-2014, 02:55 PM
We have a new AA -forget the name- but it says something about getting endurance back for eagle strikes. Sounds pretty useless, but has anyone played with it? Switching to eagles balance might not be too painful if it gave a nice amount of endurance, but switching to eagles instead of flying kick would be ridiculous unless you were out of endurance and no other way to get it back.

So far, in the Tower of Rot raid, when balancing the 3 mini's, I've played with the Eagle strikes, just to stay topped off on endurance. With our specific guild make-up, we can sometimes get ahead on the Arch Mage. At times, I need to reign in the dps and just use auto-attack even. Basically, its really trivial, and have yet to be in a situation where I thought it was important.

In every other cotf event, I have tried my hardest to do the max burn on burn-worthy NPCs and try to end the event with as little endurance as possible. It's actually pretty hard to run out. Situations change depending on guild make-up.

Gorkeyah
07-03-2014, 04:03 PM
When do we run out of endurance?

Only time was when the event had an endurance draining mechanic, and this probably wouldn't be strong enough for that anyway. :)

Maybe if you ID'ed, died, got rezzed, agroe'd by an AE all within a few seconds? heh

There are times, however, where I've died early and I'd rather have a full endurance bar for burns than have to ID/rest over and over.

Nedrom
07-03-2014, 04:45 PM
I've read that the 'respite' line is going to be removed or severely reduced in the near future :(

Aristo thinks that it gives us too much power. There are a lot of threads about it on SOE Forums.

Gorkeyah
07-03-2014, 05:00 PM
I've read that the 'respite' line is going to be removed or severely reduced in the near future :(

Aristo thinks that it gives us too much power. There are a lot of threads about it on SOE Forums.

They were saying that, then they said they were leaving it alone, so who knows. Maybe these other changes were already on the way when they changed their mind about 'respite', or maybe they haven't really changed their mind. heh

Attickus
07-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Last i remember or from the testing anyways Eagle's Balance could not proc the divine surge of battle AA for endurance, because it's a proc in itself.

I haven't really tested it on live though to see if that stayed true or not.

Kaliaila
07-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Running out of Endurance is more of a grouping issue than a raiding issue. When you are constantly pulling and fighting without a chance to stop as well as using endurance draining abilities, then you get to where you are pretty much surviving on the Respite line.