PDA

View Full Version : Aristo - out of touch with monk class

Nedrom
06-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Just saw the spells coming out for monks on the beta forums. There is no nda because I can see them without logging in.

We're getting one disc that reduces our critical rate for a measly dd proc. Which means it actually reduces our dps.

Second one I saw is an upgrade to counterforce.

Wow... Just wow. I hope someone has his ear.

Kaliaila
06-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Well, everyone one has posted how awful they are in the beta thread, not that it is likely to matter. After all I doubt he's going to remove them and make new disc's in the week that beta is going to last.

tanecho
06-08-2014, 05:45 PM
He's 0/5 on this expac for me. Partisan is okay but I don't use it because everything and their mother AE rampages. Sting of the Wasp just makes me angry, because when I use it, it is because of poor event design forcing me to do ranged and output maybe 2% of my DPS.

tanecho
06-08-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm about to the point where I want to ask some of them to just leave EQ alone and go work on next. I'd rather have minimal development as minor tuning tweaks and occasional new zone/raid than half-assed development that they call "expansions" and charge 40 bucks for. Honestly we're getting patch cycle type modifications, not expansions.

This new set of spells is frustrating, but it's just part of it.

Art is minimal (few new zones, few additions in terms of weapon and armor art)

Raid design is frustratingly out of touch (lets make everything AE rampage or have 40k dot auras so melees can throw knives for 700dps)

Content is as cookie cutter as they can make it (nothing class specific in ages other than epic quests an intern did that are better than most quests designed in the last few years)

Class balance is a constant cycle of 3-4 superclasses and a bunch that are worthless that changes every expansion (betting we get cycled out next expac, because we've been shining since ROF-2.)

Ishtass
06-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Aristo has sucked nuts for years. You're better off asking Elidroth for some good AA's to balance it out.

Kaliaila
06-10-2014, 02:25 AM
I saw that he made some changes to the technique of the bloody stool fist; is it even approaching being realistic to use for what it's intended to do?

As for Contraforce, I think we should ask Aristo if it will last 30 times as long if we push "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a" before starting it?

Mris
06-10-2014, 10:02 PM
I saw that he made some changes to the technique of the bloody stool fist; is it even approaching being realistic to use for what it's intended to do?

As for Contraforce, I think we should ask Aristo if it will last 30 times as long if we push "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a" before starting it?

Maybe the upgrade to this will be Konamiforce?

Saderakh
06-11-2014, 09:39 AM
They're a work in progress. He clearly outlined in a thread that this is mostly an utility type update across the board, and maybe sneaking in a little bit of balancing where they felt it was appropriate (for other classes).

He asked for parses and game-play feedback. Just got my char copied finally and have been working on the AAs all night (no sleep) =(

cellic
06-14-2014, 05:38 AM
Tuning complete. Discs still pure garbage. AAs weak, to put it mildly.

twh583
06-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Aristo is a complete moron. I'm one post shy of being banned from beta's so been keeping quiet.

To add to Aristo's list of epic failures we have two new discs. And while yea they "work as intended" neither of which we need. As a class we need upgrades to stagnated lines, and in non-level up expansion form this would be the ideal point in time to upgrade Drunken Monkey style.

Next expansion contracrap and crimson ass-fisting will be stagnated in good fashion, and we'll get another load of steaming shit called Reflexing Flinch.

If Aristo had half a brain we'd drop the flinch crap and replace it with either of the two current pieces of shit.

I'm still confused on how a random proc slow is considered utility. Every other class in EQ that has "utility" abilities chooses when to use them and when not to, and the ability does what it is designed to do. Monks on the other hand get an ability called utility but has no control over when it does what its designed to do.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at how stupid and incompetent Aristo is after having participated in beta for many years now, but it seems like his only accomplishment in life is his ever increasing capacity for epic failure.

Kelefane
06-17-2014, 08:18 AM
He fucked SKs again too. Im banned from EQLive.

cellic
06-17-2014, 08:52 AM
Its not like we really need super upgrades, but I dont see why they waste dev time creating shit we cant or wont use due to stacking issues or the abilities simply not fitting into our playstyle at all. Sure, playstyles vary, but a gimpass slow reverse proc on a huge recast? Why oh why...

twh583
06-17-2014, 01:30 PM
Monks are well off right now, yeah. I would like to see drunken monkey style, ironfist and speed focus upgraded as they are out dated. Crane Stance could use an upgrade, as could Tiger's Balance (discounting eagles balance), but slightly less dire (although soon to be) given that they are more recent additions.

While it might be seen as moot and redundant to ironfist I would like thunderous kick also upgraded to serve a similar role as eots. On its 10 min refresh timer it could be a nice alternative to ironfist for groups and longer raids while ironfist maintains itself as a last ditch burn.

Really, all we are getting here are two NEW abilities which will be stagnated over time. When we already possess 5 abilities (6 if you count thunderous kick) that have been stagnated over time.

At some point you do more harm adding in new abilities rather than upgrading existing abilities.... A concept that completely escapes Aristo.

Mris
06-17-2014, 05:40 PM
At some point you do more harm adding in new abilities rather than upgrading existing abilities.... A concept that completely escapes Aristo.

Yes, while not adding anything new can be seen as boring or stagnation, it's not like we NEED 2 new abilities every expansion. (And hell, we already got 'new' stuff... sorta. Phantom and Reflex are upgrades of old lines, but Sting of the Wasp is new...ish.)

IMO, they should leave 'new' stuff to the AA side, and upgrade what we actually USE disc side. (As well as AA side, of course.) If they can throw a cool little twist into something while upgrading, fine, but if it isn't broken, don't try to fix it!

I would have no issue with something like, say, Speed/Iron/EotS/Stance upgrades one expansion, and Heel/Palm/Balance the next. Things like Defer Death, Echo, Paci, Moment/Breaths, can all go in every level increase.

Kimosavi
06-18-2014, 05:45 AM

I think its meant to be called Contrafarce....They just put the wrong vowel in the title

cellic
06-18-2014, 02:56 PM
Normal DPS:

/tell Zellic Zellic -vs- Combat Dummy Neza: -- DMG: 78286013 -- DPS: 40188 -- Scaled: 40188 -- Punch: 46388021 -- Kick: 28500564 -- Strike: 2761228 -- DirDmg: 636200 -- Non-crit rate: 77% -- crit rate: 23% -- Attempts: 26985 -- Hits: 22718 -- Missed: 4267 -- Accuracy: 84,2% -- Avg Hit: 3445 -- Max hit: 141054 -- DMG to PC: 0

Crimson + First:

/tell Zellic Zellic -vs- Combat Dummy Neza: -- DMG: 50515271 -- DPS: 34814 -- Scaled: 34718 -- Punch: 29356124 -- Kick: 15326158 -- DirDmg: 3814931 -- Strike: 2018058 -- Non-crit rate: 78,2% -- crit rate: 21,8% -- Attempts: 20543 -- Hits: 17345 -- Missed: 3198 -- Accuracy: 84,4% -- Avg Hit: 2912 -- Max hit: 112545 -- DMG to PC: 0

Damage lost for the duration of the disc:

(40188-34814) * 113s = 607262

Magic DPS gained = 2303
End gained = 2303 * 113s * 0.125 = 32529

Nedrom
06-19-2014, 12:01 AM