PDA

View Full Version : monk bp

sojuu
05-20-2014, 11:18 PM
So devs asking again for breastplate feedback on focus and clicks. Last time around sounded like majority wanted no change to what was currently there. Want me to relay leave it as is again or any new suggestions?

Mris
05-21-2014, 01:07 AM
Unless they want to change the Demon Crusher proc from a spell to a melee strike, I have no issue keeping what we have.

Phreaky
05-21-2014, 09:56 AM
I don't know what if we tried getting away from a direct dmg thing? What if we got a 1 min ruchu effect, or a 100% accuracy buff or something else that plays well with our discs rather than a nominal dmg bonus?

sojuu
05-21-2014, 07:05 PM
I wonder if they would go for something similar to the shaman epic? But make it a personal buff not group one.

Increase Critical Damage by 110% with All Skills
Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 65% with All Skills

Thoughts?

sojuu
05-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Also asked about a time frame so we would know how long we have to converse and how long till we need to submit ideas. Will need to say something within the month. So by the end of this month I would like to post the link to this thread and a summary of thoughts for this.

Phreaky
05-22-2014, 09:11 AM
I wonder if they would go for something similar to the shaman epic? But make it a personal buff not group one.

Increase Critical Damage by 110% with All Skills
Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 65% with All Skills

Thoughts?

That's what I meant. Since ruchu is group and every 1 out of 3 minutes this would be way less potent at self-only and 1 out of 10 minutes. Doesn't seen unfair and is a nice effect that scales with our weapons/abilities. Then they don't need to come up with a new effect/spell every gear set.

Obiziana
05-22-2014, 11:50 AM
I love the idea of a self ruchu. I think it'd be more in line with our class abilities rather than the whole demon crusher spell proc. While that's nice, it's not really very monkly IMO. Instead we get something we can actually use to up our DPS on a burn or take down a named, etc.

As for the focus effect, I love the Impen/Earthforce reduction.

Phreaky
05-29-2014, 01:17 PM
Any updates? Did you suggest the ruchu thing?

I think our focuses are decent.

sojuu
05-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Right now the plan given the input so far is to suggest keeping focus as is and to suggest the self ruchu thing and if not able to give that keep the click as is. At least unless more input is given. Will also give a link to this thread in case more input is given and will edit my post to try and reflect this thread as much as possible in a summarized state.

Jaedo
05-31-2014, 11:55 PM
I don't know how creative/crazy you want to get with items, but...
1. maybe a first hit autostun focus? ex. the tank dies when the mob is at 2% and it is snared so it hits the monk, and is hit by stunning kick immediately?
2. Could make a buff that increases an increase in haste the more you get hit, so wouldn't need to tank just stand in front and ripostes might work, or if you use it with whirlwind and get hit a bunch you become a monster (not literally, but that would be cool too)
3. something like yaulp???

I feel like breastplates should be be more about defensive stuff just because its armor /shrug

MasterRin
06-05-2014, 10:27 AM
Definitely want the Foci to remain the same.

Click effect could be better. Preferably just a durationed buff with no charges that adds some kind of +dmg/crit/skill mod. Something more akin to Infusion of Thunder/Intensity of the Resolute maybe.

Or just change the current Demon Crusher procs to be Flying Kick skill based like a charged version of Tiger's/Eagle's Balance, but with feet.