PDA

View Full Version : AA Advice

Tetsumo
01-19-2014, 01:03 PM
I maxed AA's at 90 then quit the game. Now I've come back, got to level 100 and started working on AA again. I'm not really sure what to do first. I did get Thunderfoot and started working on Kick Mastery. But then I saw Heel of Brithrax and wasn't sure which was better.

Here's a link to my AA's, updated as of today:
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2526786

Any thoughts on a good order to start working on?

Tetsumo
01-19-2014, 02:15 PM
I'm going to use this post for all my monkly questions. Universal chat is down anyways, otherwise I'd just ask there.

Next Question (though still want advice on the above question):
Does Fists of Steel's proc stack with other forms of over haste or is it wasted if I have a bard in-group?

tanecho
01-19-2014, 02:39 PM
Fists of steel is a hundred hands (weapon delay) effect. Bard over haste is different and stacks well with it.

Tetsumo
01-19-2014, 02:47 PM
Excellent, thanks Tanecho!

Gorkeyah
01-19-2014, 05:04 PM
Your profile is private, so I can't see it. Kick mastery has the least impact of the kick AA's.

Tetsumo
01-20-2014, 03:29 AM
The "Make this character private" checkbox is not checked. But maybe that has something to do with having the 10 day free trial of premium or something? I checked and unchecked the box, maybe that will make a difference.

At any rate; good to know Kick Mastery isn't the best one to go with. Wish I had known that yesterday, I dropped at least 100 AA in to it. But hey, that's why I'm here asking. I'll eventually have them all anyway. Right?

Attickus
01-20-2014, 06:48 AM
If i remember correctly Tetsumo, reading this thread reminded me of when i was talking with a guildie of mine the other day about Magelo. I found out from them and believe that the 10 day free trial of premium makes it where others cannot view your profile unless making you spend to get the premium for a set amount of time. I could be mistaken that part of Magelo though.

Kick Mastery isn't the best to drop it into off the bat, but you should get them all eventually in Brithrax, Stonefoot, Kick Mastery, etc. So when you did some spending into Kick Mastery like you did it is not a complete waste, but it does have the lowest impact of them.

Tetsumo
01-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Hey Attickus, thanks for the tip. I guess we have another 8 days before anybody can see my AA's =) oh well, I think for now I've got it figured out anyways. And you're right, any AA is good to have, just some are better than others.

I'll work on Brithrax, Stonefoot, and Kick Mastery. Any thoughts on what to work on after that? I was thinking hasten AA's so I can burn more often. Or would Twinproc be perhaps more advantageous since it works on Thunderfoot?

Wish you could see my profile =/ I guess asking this question is almost pointless without knowing what I have already.

Gorkeyah
01-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Yes, I'd get twinproc

Attickus
01-20-2014, 08:07 PM
Twinproc is one i'd get soon as well like Gorkeyah said.

Hasten Synergy if you haven't gotten it is always a plus as well in my honest opinion anyways since it take's synergy down to a 21 second timer from a 30 second one to be able to use it more often.

Another would be into Hastened Stunning Kick, I'm going to assume you already had Master's Hastened Combination max'd at 90 since i think the last rank opened up at level 83 or something like that.

Gorkeyah
01-20-2014, 11:12 PM
yeah hasten synergy is huge.. with the right tics, you can synergy your own synergy. heh

Tetsumo
01-21-2014, 10:14 AM
Ooh I hadn't even noticed Hasten Synergy, getting 9 seconds knocked off that will be pretty sweet actually. I just polished off Technique of Master Wu last night. That increased my chance to triple kick by another 45% or so.

Gorkeyah
01-21-2014, 12:14 PM
Get punch mastery (I think that's what it's called) as it now adds to h2h in addtion to other non-flying kick special attacks.

Tetsumo
01-23-2014, 04:24 PM
Oh really? Punch mastery, you got it. I'm 18/29 there now but I;ll work on that after the kick stuff is done.

Does Vets Wrath help with Kick crit damage? I'm only 17/21 there. But I have got Heel of Brithrax done, Stonefoot 9/15 and Kick Mastery 27/30. I still need 3 more ranks of TwinProc too.

Not sure what order to go in since I'm not sure how Vets Wrath affects it.

Gorkeyah
01-23-2014, 04:48 PM
I don't think it affects special attacks.

Tetsumo
01-30-2014, 03:13 PM
Okay I finally got my Magelo paid for:
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2526786

If anybody has a moment, I'd still love some advice on AA direction. I've made a lot of progress but I know I still have plenty to do!

Ishtass
01-30-2014, 08:12 PM
Finish off Stunning Kick and Hastened Stunning Kick

Punch / Kick Mastery

Hastened Thunder

Finish off Zan Fi

Maybe finish off Rapid Strikes.

For Raid dps:

Extended Heel

Hastened Speed Focus

After that it's pretty fluff, you can pick your minor upgrade paths.

Gorkeyah
02-01-2014, 12:21 AM
I'd get extended before hastened for the longer stuff because the longer stuff will usually recycle between encounters anyway. But I'd get hastened stunning kick finished, five point, and crane as they are short enough to make a difference

Finish stunning kick and five point. Get moving mountain because it's so handy. Plus other stuff mentioned.

Ishtass
02-01-2014, 12:21 PM
The only reason I didn't mention FPP and Crane is because they are fluff increases. It looks like a nice hit but spread over that much time it's not a huge dps increase. It's still better than enhanced aggression though.

Gorkeyah
02-01-2014, 11:56 PM
On a short fight, crane is a lot of dps. Five point is useful utility for grabbing agro, but not a lot of dps.