PDA

View Full Version : AAs

sojuu
01-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Normally I would just use the old list of aas and add to it but we've had some changes making 1hb and 2hb more viable so let's start getting those AA ideas rolling for next set they put out. This should also give us time to think about what we want instead of it being rushed to meet a short deadline.

Chumpp01
01-15-2014, 08:12 PM
time reductions on terror, ironfist , heel, and tiger's balance .

Ishtass
01-15-2014, 09:10 PM
faster ID, Purify, MM would be appreciated.

I always feel like they'll balance us so I don't typically ask for dps AA generally speaking, but I want more dps most of all, however they want to go about adding that to us (passively).

Lyndar
01-15-2014, 09:35 PM
Increased mend percentage.
Increase in haste cap, or small innate haste amount that stacks with item (unlikely I know)
Give our normal melee a small chance to fire an additional round kick or other special attack that we don't use anymore.
Some kind of new monk flavor - maybe a damage boost for each pound you're under XXlbs.

Take away the Identify AA, I did the star of eyes quest a long time ago ;)

Attickus
01-16-2014, 03:46 AM
Personally i'd like to see a most of the things that, Chump and Ishtass said would make me happy.

I know this may sound extremely unlikely to happen considering we have Rest, Wind(never use just have them to make my disc window longers) and 7 Breath that gives us a chunk of endurance, but i would like to have an AA version of Breath(Similar to the wiz's Harvest of Druzzil AA) or a version of it similar to the cleric's Quiet Miracle to give others endurance or we can use it on ourselves.

Chumpp01
01-16-2014, 09:04 AM
Personally i'd like to see a most of the things that, Chump and Ishtass said would make me happy.

I know this may sound extremely unlikely to happen considering we have Rest, Wind(never use just have them to make my disc window longers) and 7 Breath that gives us a chunk of endurance, but i would like to have an AA version of Breath(Similar to the wiz's Harvest of Druzzil AA) or a version of it similar to the cleric's Quiet Miracle to give others endurance or we can use it on ourselves.

id stay away from any typ of buff/AA or what ever that we can use on others . as long as its self only I don't think it would be to bad .

Attickus
01-16-2014, 10:00 AM
id stay away from any typ of buff/AA or what ever that we can use on others . as long as its self only I don't think it would be to bad .

I would prefer it to be self only myself if they did add something like this.

My thinking seems to get carried away when I get to thinking about idea's for AA's, not necessarily a bad thing though.

cheapfx
01-16-2014, 04:23 PM
I would like to see not only normal invis but also invis to undead attached to a new rank of ID that lowers the reuse time by another 30 seconds.

On a side note. I don't think I would mess with any kinda of endurance regen. It's not broke for us and all it will end up doing is increasing endurance costs for future disciplines to counter what ever they give us anyway. Just my 2 cents.

Mris
01-17-2014, 12:35 AM
More Hastened for Ironfist, PB, and ID.

Nedrom
01-17-2014, 01:59 AM
more brithrax

tanecho
01-19-2014, 12:05 PM
ID to 90 seconds.

Ironfist, Terrorpalm, Eagle/Tiger's Balance, Heel to 15 minutes. (Heel may already be close, but I think Terror is 22ish, Ironfist 24, Balance at 20, heel maybe 18). All of these random timers are annoying to manage, and longer than most other melee have to deal with as far as I know.

Purify from 6 to 5 minutes.

I like the weight limit idea, but I think all of us are always under weight so it's kind of a passive increase. Maybe add something like this and make it a required level 50 instead of doing the 96 that we usually do? There's no reason to always make all new AAs only apply to the top end, unless there is no way to lock progression servers from earning them. "Weight of the World Lifted" or some such, maybe increase attack by while under weight, or a small bonus to all attacks. Increasing our agility cap / AC would likely make the most sense, but wouldn't increase our dps.

I would like to see a new rank of infusion of thunder, it's been a while, speed focus feels more irrelevant as time passes without this increasing.

I also would still like a utility for us to quickly engage. Sort of a reverse moving mountains with a small/moderate flying kick attached.

If possible, I would like to see something increase the weapon damage on our base flying kicks. As it is, they have an extremely small range (about 300 damage I think) but the numbers are just massively bolstered by flat damage increases. This would not affect our big booms like Crane and Thunderfoot.

And our crit rate is still awful. It's going to be a hard sell to get much of anything DPS related for us though.

Brithrax ranks would be nice, but I think unlikely given our current DPS.

"Essence of the Ocean" - This one is a little off the wall. Small chance when hit to give us 1/2 charges of an ice damage proc with an AC boost until the effect is used. Eye of the Storm is supposedly based on something poetic (can't remember what, it was mentioned in ROF beta) I wanted to base something off of Bruce Lee's Be Like Water philosophy. What this would effectively do is when we are forced to tank, we become more like a tank with a proc for bonus damage/agro and higher mitigation.

Vexed
01-22-2014, 06:12 PM
I would love to see a reduction on Imitate Death, Purify Body, and Tiger's Balance.

How about run10? Can we get that too? ;)

sensei savager
01-23-2014, 12:01 AM
Reduced timer on ID, purify and any other dps thing we already have. More run speed would be great (but probably not granted). Also on the list of things that are a minor inconvenience but would be nice to have, innate invis (you can buy a billion potions just give it to everyone already), the ability to keep illusions through zone (the enchies, bards and rogues will get over their "class defining ability"), instant lev AA (why not, almost every other class has it now).

Gorkeyah
01-23-2014, 10:20 AM
More range dps... we're so underpowered ranged that there's lots of room for improvement. :) Everything else we're fine unless other classes get big boosts.

Chumpp01
01-23-2014, 06:30 PM
More range dps... we're so underpowered ranged that there's lots of room for improvement. :) Everything else we're fine unless other classes get big boosts.

how about a AA that helps mitigate ae ramp .

Lyndar
01-23-2014, 09:44 PM
Just imho, but I don't want more caster abilities chucked into the general tab. ID works pretty well for invis, and there's plenty of clickies for levi.

sojuu
02-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Will start to put a list together soon so its easier to see what were wanting. Some thoughts I had:
-Maybe an innate chance to stun with 2hb?
-A way for us to loose agro faster or maybe just Increased chances for mobs to forget us with normal FD?
-Tie a hate component of some sort to distant strike? basically for MM and keeping a mob with the raid if we MM it in, would be maybe a rank 2 of distant strike? if not that will just ask for something to help MM be it a separate button to root for 6 secs, lurch for 6 secs, something.

Would like to get the list done within next month because I want to get the ideas in well before its asked for so there is no chance of oh I didn't have time for that, since I am sure once elidroth asks for ideas he will be overwhelmed with all the other classes asking for stuff too.

Ishtass
02-01-2014, 02:16 PM
I really like your list Sojuu.

I would like to lobby for faster ID and Purify as well, but already stated, just want to put the earwig into their brains :)

Kaliaila
02-01-2014, 04:18 PM
I'd rather not have a anything passively added to Distant Strike that could make it more difficult for tanks to grab the mobs off me in groups.

KIILLZ
02-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Reduced timer on ID, purify and any other dps thing we already have. More run speed would be great (but probably not granted). Also on the list of things that are a minor inconvenience but would be nice to have, innate invis (you can buy a billion potions just give it to everyone already), the ability to keep illusions through zone (the enchies, bards and rogues will get over their "class defining ability"), instant lev AA (why not, almost every other class has it now).

yes please on at least the first dang line.

Qulas
02-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Elidroth has asked for our aa requests, I will be getting together with Sojuu to compile our lists, if you have any additions mention them in this thread, or in the monkly serverwide.

Archus
02-03-2014, 04:23 PM
I'm certain this will be met by the devs with a "NO EFFING WAY!", but the way they have farmed out skills that were once considered sacred - FD, fade, mes, lull, forage, and run speed among others makes me wonder why they can't give us (or indeed most classes) a crippled version of tracking. I'd be quite content with being able to track 20% of the range of a bard, for instance, mainly so I could know whats repopping inside my pull range during a group. If they need a "lore" justification for this (and we all know they don't), then it makes sense that monks should be keenly aware of their immediate surroundings and what's inhabiting them.

Tracking and SoS are the main "unique" skills remaining that I can think of that have yet to be farmed out to the masses, and we monks don't need SoS really. Anyways, thats my pie in the sky wish. Otherwise, I'm in agreement with what others have suggested here, i.e. more incremental increases in the same old AA lines... hurray!

Nedrom
02-03-2014, 07:19 PM
I second Track

Ishtass
02-03-2014, 11:16 PM
ID could have invis + IVU ;p

Gorkeyah
02-03-2014, 11:51 PM

Yeah, I'd like that one! heh

Chumpp01
02-04-2014, 02:23 AM

that would be cool and please no on the track ideal

Obiziana
02-04-2014, 11:18 AM
I think giving our normal FD a chance to fade would be an awesome compromise between the devs saying no to our requests for shorter ID reuse and our desire to fade more often. Maybe 3 ranks, 10%, 15%, 20%? The reuse on our FD is fast enough that we would more or less be able to mash to get a fade if we don't get lucky the first time.

Aggememnon
02-04-2014, 11:27 AM
only problem is that you don't always want to fade. eg for splitting mobs where you rely on different pathing and aggro reset when one reaches spawn point. Though you could reasonably argue 'who the heck splits mobs anymore'....

Gorkeyah
02-04-2014, 11:49 AM
I want a way to turn off weapon procs, though I realize that isn't an AA request. heh

phraxas
02-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Few ideas i had in serverwide last night, just wanted to see what you guys thought here for those who ignored/missed them.

Aura AA - Mini Zan fi buff for the group, basically would be like our zan fi buff but scaled down and give benefits to the entire group. So instead of just h2h 1hb 2hb but add piercing, slashing etc. Would benefit us for the minute or so we dont have personal zan fi buff but also help the group.

Power Strike AA - Activated - Strike target with MH and OH (work in 2hb also?!?) Basically do the damage of you MH swing + OH swing with some additional damage. Cooldown 20s - added also to Master Wu procs. Basically a AA to add to our mash key that along with master wu can give us some damage but nothing over the top. also a line of AA that can get boosted as we go/get expansions with more ranks adding additional damage or w/e.

Tiger Strikes - Passive AA that adds a chance to proc eye gouge to our Tiger Claw abilities (I know Q has this one down already just posting for possible feedback/ideas for possible improvement?)

sensei savager
02-04-2014, 03:18 PM
I like the idea of the eye gouge debuff on our tiger claw, also wouldn't mind seeing like a thunder kick type ability that works off of our tiger claw. Have it scale proportionally to how tiger claw and flying kick scale. Some passive increases to tiger claw I don't see being too far fetched since that or very miniscule damage increases in other places are about all we would expect to see. Yes I want to fade more often and be able to purify more often but they've said no to those things for quite a long time. What's the refresh on pally splash? Since they and us share a lore group (weren't the visible armors in SoF tied to pally/monk because of purification?) shouldn't we be able to purify ourselves just as much as pallies can splash everyone in a certain area? Just my thoughts. We are supposed to be masters of our bodies are we not? Why can't we just shrug off anything affecting us negatively? An updated aura would be nice (increase to accuracy for group maybe?) but the original aura was a disc so I don't see that being turned into an AA. Increased run speed I'm all for it, or make blink not break invis. I'm sure there's more I'm missing that I'll think of later.

tanecho
02-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Eye gouge debuff on Tiger claw base skill is a great idea. Maybe give it a proc rate similar to thunderfoot so we couldn't keep it up full time, but several monks probably would.

I'm not sure I want another mash button though, we just got another one in tiger claw, I think we mash more than any other class at this point. I would prefer to see improvements in what we do have.

I think we need more ranged potential, with as many fights as I see range DPS used on nowadays.

I wouldn't mind seeing something to distinguish 2hb from h2h. I'm not sure exactly what though. 2hb is generally the tank weapon, so maybe a cast buff that gives us an agro proc, so we can choose whether or not to use? It goes back to the stance idea that I think several people have pitched over the last few expansions.

Baleful
02-05-2014, 12:08 PM
I think today before the big nerf patch would be a good time to ask for a long extension on destructive force ;)

Phreaky
02-05-2014, 12:43 PM
I'll toss in my agreement for lowered reuse on Terror, Ironfist, Purify, and ID.

I too have found myself cheerleading more often on ranged fights. It'd be nice if we had some way to do ranged damage.

I really like this.

With the advent of thunderfoot, the eyegouge and crippling strike aas are all but worthless. A few folks have mentioned making eyegouge passive. Maybe both should be addressed in some way to make them useful.

I'm also a little cheesed about everyone getting runspeed increases but not us. We get a ton of effort for 5 seconds off of a 30 sec AA. I feel like we should be ahead of the curve on runspeed again.

Tetsumo
02-05-2014, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't mind another few seconds taken off of Mend.

Sonic Fist (Activated) - Stolen from EQ2, an AA that ports you to the mob, hits it, and then ports you back to your original location a few seconds later. (works with Grappling Strike to pull a mob back with you).

Knockout Combination - (Innate Effect) Melee attacks grant a chance to proc a short duration buff. Each Proc adds a counter to the buff. Each counter increases attack speed by X amount. (Caps at X charges)

Finishing Move - (Activated) Release all Knockout Combination charges, stuns targets and deals damage based on the number of Knockout Combination counters you had.

To me these sound like they would add a bit of flare to the class and increase the fun factor while playing.

tanecho
02-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Do they have technology to increment counters? I'm not sure they do :(

Perhaps though, we could do it the opposite direction. Have an activated AA that gives us 5-10 charges of a proc that does absolutely nothing. When it runs out of charges, it procs a shitstorm of attacks (Skill attack 200 apiece for kick, flying kick, round kick, tiger claw, eagle strike). Probably not very powerful overall, but a nice bit of flavor for us, and a button that couldn't be mashed mindlessly because it would refresh the stacks.

Sonic fist sounds like it could be a cure to our ranged woes. maybe something that zips us to the mob, fires some attack with a DA recourse (so we don't mess with agro or die) then ports us back.

Sikanle
02-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Hey all this is my first post here so a short introduction is necessary.
Sikanle of Bertoxxulous - Monk main since 2000 with a few long breaks
100 Iksar - Raid Team Leader of Enceladus - http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2146407

Here are some AA ideas I would like to see, let me know what you think, I will try to come up with some more later this week as well.

- Hastened/Extended Dreamwalk Discipline
- Improved Mend: Small chance (1%?) to complete heal OR maybe proc a rune buff instead
- Improved Speed Focus: Small increase to crit rate/flurry rate/proc rate/flat damage (some combination of these) when this disc is running. Speed Focus has been left alone for too long imo. Although they added Infusion of Thunder I tend to use that with Heel.
- Improved Fists of Wu: Anything to make this button worth clicking again, crit rate/flurry rate/flat damage for group?
- + 1 run speed since everyone else got run speed with that update
- Improved Two-Finger Wasp Touch: add an Eagle Strike mod to this skill so that we can use Eagle's Balance instead of Tiger's Balance
- Echo of the Master: Modified version of our Echo line that allows you to mez named/red con/large mobs occasionally for splitting (5 min recast?)
- Make Zan Fi's Whistle a permanent buff
- Activated AA that replaces haste potions (we are supposed to be master of speed etc and remember that haste potions are 5% less haste than shammy/enchanter)
- Strike of the Disciple: Powerful strike that knockback/blurs 1 mob (5 min recast? used for splitting or occasional CC of 1 mob)
- 2-Handed Fury: Innate hate mod when using 2-hander
OR
- Some sort of aggro disc (30-60s reuse). We are like half tank and have no way of keeping aggro. I'm sure lots will disagree with this but it has been bothering me for a while. we have so many tanking discs, huge returns on AC etc, and even GAR's get taunt)
- Extended Eye of the Storm: 2 more ticks on this disc
- Finally, like 50 ranks of dmg increase on ranged items. Our ranged DPS is less than pathetic and there are so many ranged fights on raids it seems.

Tetsumo
02-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Do they have technology to increment counters? I'm not sure they do :(

Perhaps though, we could do it the opposite direction. Have an activated AA that gives us 5-10 charges of a proc that does absolutely nothing. When it runs out of charges, it procs a shitstorm of attacks (Skill attack 200 apiece for kick, flying kick, round kick, tiger claw, eagle strike). Probably not very powerful overall, but a nice bit of flavor for us, and a button that couldn't be mashed mindlessly because it would refresh the stacks.

Sonic fist sounds like it could be a cure to our ranged woes. maybe something that zips us to the mob, fires some attack with a DA recourse (so we don't mess with agro or die) then ports us back.

If all it does is count down procs and then goes off, that doesn't add any game play. The idea was to make things more interesting, like you have to actually pay attention and trigger it based on charges and where the mobs health lies.

But if you're suggesting the devs don't actually write code, they just reuse old shit, then maybe every idea I have for AA's is out of the question.

Ishtass
02-06-2014, 08:14 PM
But if you're suggesting the devs don't actually write code, they just reuse old shit, then maybe every idea I have for AA's is out of the question.

:o15:

tanecho
02-07-2014, 08:32 AM
It adds gameplay if the recast was so short that you overwrote it if you recast it before it fires, but yes, I fear that asking the system to do anything it doesn't already do is out of the question for AAs. I could be wrong.

Vanni
02-07-2014, 12:01 PM
What about an aa that reduces the effect of damage shields on our kicks/strikes?
As it is we throw more attacks out there then anybody with wu's chains.

Mris
02-08-2014, 12:33 AM
What about an aa that reduces the effect of damage shields on our kicks/strikes?
As it is we throw more attacks out there then anybody with wu's chains.

I think we asked for this a few times, and we were told they didn't want to over use DS mitigation or some crap. I think it's worth trying again, though. (They're revisiting insta-kill stuff 2 expansion after killing it, who knows what else they'll give out?)

I also support more hastened ID and hastened Purify. We were told no on PB last time, too, but IIRC more hastened ID got "We'll consider it" and they just never did.

Sokon
02-08-2014, 12:50 PM
this please

Spirit Ascension: Through years of training to control your body, you let go of your perception of gravity and allow your spirit to ascend. While levitating, you no longer can only move down or across, you can also move up.

I also like Siklanke's post, with the idea of a stunning type ability that knocks a mob back and loses agro on it, maybe like a knockback that makes them unconscious and when they wake up agro is gone?

twh583
02-09-2014, 07:47 PM
time reductions on terror, ironfist , heel, and tiger's balance .

Chumpp ftw. +1

twh583
02-09-2014, 08:34 PM
- Extension to heel, terror, iron, eye, tiger's balance
- Hastened to heel, terror, iron, tiger's balance

- Speed focus has been brought up before (every expansion for the last 3-4? expansions), and Eli points the finger and Aristo, and Aristo points the finger at Eli for who should be the one to upgrade it. However, maybe some modification AA's like folks have suggested granting an innate flurry modifier, and/or damage boost for its duration.

- I for one would like to see a self only Ruaabri's Fury-like ability:

Rk3
1: Pet Flurry Chance (132)
2: Mitigate Damage Shield (83%)
3: Flurry Chance (50%)
6: Hundred Hands Effect

Something similar to Ruaabri's fury in either a lesser effect + longer duration or similar effect + short duration would provide a lot of new and unique opportunities for us in terms of stacking-disc combos.

- Upgrade to drunken monkey style as an AA (so it can be triggered during discs - and as an AA so the designer of it is actually competent) with the focus on doing away with the multiple cycling buffs, and reducing it to a single buff which grants its bonuses for the duration of the ability. However, if the dev prefers the cycling buff concept, reduce the cycled buffs from 'everything' to flying kick and tiger claw, each lasting half the main buff's duration.

- Maybe a swift reflexes variant which works similar to our impen/earth rune proc with hit counters

- Enraging kick: 30s refresh aggro tool? It borders on the unnecessary, but quite often I find myself saying "i wish i could tag/lock down a mob more often than the refresh on fpp"

- Version of MM which temporarily leashes a mob to us? Think MM + Compliant Lurch

- The battle leap idea is interesting, but the warrior/zerker versions have a damage component which *might* prove to be bad for us in that our dps is rather solid atm, too much in the way of 'little' boosts will add up to 'large over all increase', and our opening combo of dms/synergy/stun/fk/whatever is already pretty spikey. Not really for this or against it, just offering some food for thought.

KIILLZ
02-10-2014, 09:34 AM
personally off the top of my head and without ALOT of thought atm, I d like to see a increase to Speedfocus, hastened ID hastened Purify and a hastened FPP as well. Also wouldnt mind seeing a hastened swift reflexes and shaded step as well.

Gorkeyah
02-10-2014, 10:41 AM
If they boosted infusion, they would indirectly help speedfocus, and it would help if we use it with other discs for shorter burns (I often use it with heel if it's short fight, but would also work with ironfist -hope I got that name right, as I can never remember stuff without my character loaded up in front of me. lol).

KIILLZ
02-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Infusion would be nice just didnt wanna reach for the stars too much lol

twh583
02-11-2014, 05:29 PM
A boost to infusion would be nice, but given that I believe most monks more commonly pairing it with heel now, it would still leave speed focus lame.

While I dread suggesting it, because all we need is another button, a new ability which provides infusion's damage modifier, a flurry modifier, and a h2h accuracy boost would be ideal to bring speed focus back into the fold.

Sadly, such an ability should be a disc, and blended into speed focus giving us a replacement for it. However, Aristo is so out of touch with the classes and community that will remain unlikely until... forever...

MasterRin
02-20-2014, 02:08 AM
I made this list on the last AA go around but wasn't able to post it. Most of them were still relevant but some are more sctrictly disc oriented.

-Weightless Steps 4, really want that run 9, esp with the compass out now.
-Hastened Death, I'd settle for down to 2:30 at this point but 1:30 be ideal.
-Thunderfoot 4
-Twinproc 7
-Rapid Feign 4
-Twinproccable Mend
-Critical Mend, to where it's always 50%, or mostly 70% and sometimes 50%
-Unflinching Resolve 4
-Hastened Purify 10
-Hastened Stunning Kick 6
-Five Point Palm 6, Hastened 6
-Hastened Crane 6
-Hastened/Extended/Separate timer Shaded Steps
-upgrade to/Extended Fists of Wu
-Zan Fi's 16, Hastened 4, Extended 4
-Infusion 4, Hastened 4, Extended
-Hastened/Extended First Spire
-Extended Impenetrable 3
-Return Kick, to 100% of time
-Heightened Awareness 6
-Battle Leap, or ability to Blink to target's location
-Extended Drunken Monkey, able to use while discing
-Hastened Swift Reflexes/Separate timer
-Eagle's Balance to a tiger claw attack
-Extended Wasp Touch
-Eye Gouge on separate timer, or Eye Gouge Effect added to Wasp Touch
-Extended Cloud of Fists
-upgrade to Ironfist
-Some sort of taunt, even rangers have enraging kicks...
-Hastened Defensive Poses 4, 5
-Staff Block 19
-Hastened Forestall Death
-Hastened Sting of the Wasp, at least to 21s to match Synergy
- +Flying Kick or +Tiger Claw added to Freedom of Spirit
-multiple Finishing Kicks from tunic again
-any passive boost to defense or offense, of course

Not really wanting to ask for a whole lot added rank wise. I figure they'd be more likely to add something if we ask for something modest. And I'll take modest > nothing.

Well that's my better-late-than-never inaugural contribution. Sorry if it looks like an ugly block of text.

Chumpp01
02-20-2014, 03:45 PM
how bout a couple more ranks of stonewall too.

sensei savager
02-21-2014, 10:00 AM
hastened grapple and hastened moving mountains would be nice filler

Aggememnon
02-21-2014, 12:19 PM
I think there are a few stand out items for me, so already stated above, and also a fair few that could be requested as 'archetype' AA for melee in general.

Archetype
---------

(new) Rampage mitigation/avoidance - needed by all melee classes to survive being one-rounded
(new) Resurrection superiority - something to get back up and running after rezz. Casters seem wholly unaffected by death these days
- veteran's wrath
- weapon affinity
- twin proc
- flurry (for offhand)
(mnk+rog) - more crit chance

Monk specific
-------------

a) standard upgrades to existing
- staff block
- return kick / riposte
- hastened AA to disciplines to make them 10-12 mins (monk discs still have longest reuse of melee. rog good stuff, and some zerk, is 10 min reuse I think)
- Add 30s to EotS
- mastery AAs (standard +dmg to punch/kick/FK etc)

b) dps centric
- more chance to Thunderfoot
- more chance to FoF (HHE), particularly with 2hb
- boost infusion
- 1hb/h2h/2hb monk 'mastery' AAs (note, we have fewest ranks of this, and rangers I think have most?)
- boost ZF
- boost DM, cycle only FK and Tiger claw
- possibly add eyegouge/crippling strike to two finger touch? ie make them 'passive' and maybe random
- extra hit to destructive force (rather than asking for headshot/assassinate/decapitate for monks). I think its long enough (36s?), but a bit weak.
- reuse on DF to 10 mins, to align with discs for faster/effective reuse

c) 'utility'
- hastened down to 90s max
- ID add IVU effect
- levitate - why not
- 1 min off purify body
- blink to not break invis
- 6 secs off MM reuse

d) other
- maybe some substantial range dps, but if I'm honest I am happy to be massively behind zerk (and rog to a lesser extent), as we should be seen to 'lack' in some aspect.
- we were told we would get a reverse MM in dev chat a long time ago, but I'm not bothered actually ..
- retain illusions on zoning. Not sure if I care

e) pipe dream
- SF needs something. Either a small dam modifier, or maybe a boost to HH to make it properly awesome and unique once more.
- A self only Ruubari. It properly rules on burn, and I'm not sure why BL should get a dps disc better than the parent class...

phraxas
02-21-2014, 02:34 PM
- +Flying Kick or +Tiger Claw added to Freedom of Spirit

Confirmed with Chandrok, March release will add +Tiger Claw mod to freedom, how much idk but im assuming same to the COTF helm.

Saderakh
02-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Faster Purify - and remind them they have the ability to code events to prevent its use completely, or slow its reuse, on a per event basis (Maybe they should look at something similar for mend - I doubt they intended us to be able to heal 60K+ hp every 30 seconds when initially created, and again on certain events, it trivializes the mechanics of the event) Throw them a bone.

Blink not breaking Invis

2HB Accuracy

Negative to increase in Ranged DPS - i'd rather fight for something like - as melee, we must contend with rampage (so make sure Devs dont trivialize melee on events), casters must contend with a reflect spell that they resist anyway, so their net effect is using some mana, if they bother casting at all

MasterRin
02-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Competely forgot about Grappling Strike. Could use some Hastened to bring it closer to what wars have it at.

tanecho
02-21-2014, 10:18 PM
2 words: Endless Shuriken.

Nedrom
02-22-2014, 12:38 PM

Been asking for that for over a decade

Ishtass
02-23-2014, 12:36 AM

Why?

Mris
02-23-2014, 09:48 PM
Too lazy to re-read it all. Did we add Surefoot to the list yet?

Surefoot - The monks sure footing negates the effects of otherwise slippery floors.

Phreaky
02-24-2014, 10:27 AM
Why?

LOL same question here. That's like having an endless water pistol. Unless we get some very substantial ranged dps increases this is worthless. Even if we had ranged dps, we can summon throwies by the 100s very quickly.

Cart before horse, etc, blah blah :)

Gorkeyah
02-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Too lazy to re-read it all. Did we add Surefoot to the list yet?

Surefoot - The monks sure footing negates the effects of otherwise slippery floors.

Yeah, and immunity to mob's FD'ing us. lol

Celephane
02-25-2014, 02:58 PM

I don't mind the idea of this, I hate giving up bag space to clickies, but this would be different than Endless Quiver for rangers, since we don't have an item like a bow, we'd need 2 X Shuriken I guess to make it work and I see issues all the time with the way throwing items stack

Aggememnon
02-26-2014, 06:14 AM
Our range attack is pretty pathetic. The only time I use shuriken is on Bixie I for the war chanter mob, when I just summon a few stacks during the med prior, and autofire till I run out. I used distant strike or MM to pull in general. I wouldn't even bother asking for this tbh...

Chumpp01
02-26-2014, 08:52 AM
Our range attack is pretty pathetic. The only time I use shuriken is on Bixie I for the war chanter mob, when I just summon a few stacks during the med prior, and autofire till I run out. I used distant strike or MM to pull in general. I wouldn't even bother asking for this tbh...

why not use a non dmg iteam such as a mod rod in primary hand and use off hand to dps war chanter with.

sensei savager
02-26-2014, 11:04 PM

why not use a non dmg iteam such as a mod rod in primary hand and use off hand to dps war chanter with.

Or use Armor of Experience

Aggememnon
02-27-2014, 06:01 AM
We should spin this to another thread really...

The first few times we did this, I used to melee it, but after a few deaths got frustrated (bandolier swaps to non damage primary etc). Meantime casters/range we chewing through it faster and faster. I then switched to range/sting of the wasp/zalikor, and watched the brave guys who melee it still dying on a weekly basis (some more than others).

To be fair in recent weeks I see less and less melee dying. The trigger/timer for the DS initially seemed to vary a bit for us, and that DS (and other effects) are nasty, so a little mistiming was massively bad news potentially. I probably will start meleeing it again, but I'm also basically fed up to the back teeth with all the anti-melee raid effects these days.

Phreaky
02-27-2014, 07:54 PM
My buddy had a great suggestion:

What about a new AA that would lower the delay of weapons by 1 per rank?

Or is that's too broken the AA ranks could add to weapon dmg like dmg augs do?

tanecho
02-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Lets get 9 ranks of that and all switch to moss covered twigs

Kaliaila
02-28-2014, 08:05 PM
Lets get 9 ranks of that and all switch to moss covered twigs
Primary only on the AA would fix that.

cellic
04-16-2014, 04:08 AM
My buddy had a great suggestion:

What about a new AA that would lower the delay of weapons by 1 per rank?

Or is that's too broken the AA ranks could add to weapon dmg like dmg augs do?

Well, the thing is if they wanted lower weapon delay they could just make weapons with lower delay. So, if they gave us such an AA, they would have to compensate it with higher delay weapons anyway. Sure its something to grind for but might be more interesting ways to increase DPS.

Phreaky
06-03-2014, 04:22 PM
I assume it's too late for any more AA suggestions at this point?

sojuu
06-07-2014, 12:32 AM
I assume it's too late for any more AA suggestions at this point?

For this go around yes but doesnt hurt to add more for another go. All the AA ideas were relayed that were said and gave the link to these forums but looks like only a few were used. Oh well all I can do is compile and relay.

A question though saw on forums someone mentioned necros got a reduction in thier imitate death type ability whats their reuse at now?

Kaliaila
06-08-2014, 03:41 AM
For this go around yes but doesnt hurt to add more for another go. All the AA ideas were relayed that were said and gave the link to these forums but looks like only a few were used. Oh well all I can do is compile and relay.

A question though saw on forums someone mentioned necros got a reduction in thier imitate death type ability whats their reuse at now?

Death's Effigy (http://eqaasearch.org/aainfo_more.asp?search_fd0=14814), which they originally got in HoT, started with a 2 minute reuse. Then they are getting 3 ranks of Hasten Death's Effigy (https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/necromancer-aa.211292/) in this Beta which reduces the reuse by 10 seconds per rank. That puts them at 90 seconds.

Where we've had our Imitate Death since OoW, and it now starts with an 18 minute reuse (originally it was 72 minutes). We have since gotten 8 ranks of Hasten Imitate Death (http://eqaasearch.org/aainfo.asp?search_fd1=%2ADeath%2A&search_fd9=Feign+Death&search_fd12=Monk), the last of which we got in HoT which put us at a 2 minute reuse (the same as what the Necro's got to start with in HoT).

We have had the ability for longer, have spent a hell of a lot more AAs on it, some of us have been asking for further hasten ranks (at 10 or 30 second increments) since we found out that the Necro's were getting it starting out at 2 minutes. I think us asking and expecting to get similar rank(s) of hasten ID to match what necro's will have is completely reasonable. There is absolutely no reason why we should not get it if they are; or the reverse there is no reason why they should get it but not us.

Nedrom
06-08-2014, 09:47 AM
AA list on beta forums are not bad. Usual upgrades as expected and some nice surprises in there too. Good job!

tanecho
06-08-2014, 05:47 PM
I was a little disappointed with the list when I browsed through others. It was fine if it was "not a big power increase" time, but looks like several classes are getting big power increases. I just hope we don't get to the point we were before thunderfoot where I felt bad taking a raid spot.

Aggememnon
06-09-2014, 05:03 PM
I was a little disappointed with the list when I browsed through others. It was fine if it was "not a big power increase" time, but looks like several classes are getting big power increases. I just hope we don't get to the point we were before thunderfoot where I felt bad taking a raid spot.

Exactly the same concern here. For those that have not seen them, the melee abilities are here:
https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/new-melee-abilities-feedback-thread.211247/

"Monk:

Technique of the Crimson Fist (40236-38) is a level 97 ability that trigger casts Technique of the Crimson Fist Effect (40239-41) on the caster. It costs 169/173/177 endurance. It has a 20 minute recast on timer 4. It can be found under Combat Innates->Taps.

Technique of the Crimson Fist Effect (40239-41) is a buff spell that lasts for one minute. It adds Technique of the Crimson Fist Strike (40241-43) as a combat innate with a 200% effect modifier but lowers melee critical chance (all skills) by 100% and melee damage (all skills) by 35%.
Technique of the Crimson Fist Strike (40241-43) is a melee proc that deals 2848/2990/3140 damage. It uses the Resource Tap SPA to return 5 percent of that damage as endurance. It is resisted by physical at -224/-236/-248. It has a hate override of 20.

Contraforce Discipline (40245-47) is a level 99 discipline that adds Contraforce Effect (40248-50) as a defensive proc with a 150% modifier. It has a 12 tick duration and a 10 minute recast on timer X. It takes 36 endurance per second.

Contraforce Effect (40248-50) is a 12-tick debuff that is a 28% slow that is resisted by physical at -224/-236/-248."

Its all end regen and a slow proc. I'd hate to see us drop too far below other melee (and hybrids), but I'm pretty sure we will drop.

Nedrom
06-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Those are discs not AA. BTW

Kelefane
06-11-2014, 02:27 AM
Monks need more AAs into Thunderfoot. Rogues got more Massive Strike.

Obiziana
06-11-2014, 10:51 AM
Hey Sojuu, I just wanted to say thank you to you for taking it upon yourself to be the voice of the monk community. It's probably a rather thankless job but I want you to know it's definitely appreciated!

Nedrom
06-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Hey Sojuu, I just wanted to say thank you to you for taking it upon yourself to be the voice of the monk community. It's probably a rather thankless job but I want you to know it's definitely appreciated!

I agree. Thanks Sojuu!

Kaliaila
06-20-2014, 03:33 AM
Anyone know if they ever gave us a reason for why they were giving Necro's a 30 second reduction on their version of ID, but they won't us? I was going to look in the beta forum when I saw that they had already taken it down.

Kimosavi
06-20-2014, 09:01 AM
No hastened purify 8(

sojuu
06-20-2014, 10:38 AM
Anyone know if they ever gave us a reason for why they were giving Necro's a 30 second reduction on their version of ID, but they won't us? I was going to look in the beta forum when I saw that they had already taken it down.

I never saw a reason, but I agree its pretty crappy we been asking and they get it.