PDA

View Full Version : 100 Solo aa exp

Ascher
12-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Where is a solid spot for solo aa exp at 100? Rushed to 100 and have noticed a significant drop in aa exp from old blood fields(although they are still lb). I'm trying to find an area without the high hitpoints of newer expansions. About 2,000 aa's currently mostly group geared.

Thanks
Ascher

Ishtass
12-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Your options are SoD or HoT expansions. UF is same level as SoD but mobs have more hp generally. I've found mostly green mobs in SoD, so HoT is your best bet. Within HoT, pick your poison for a zone that works well for you. I hunted feerrott while it was a hotzone and it was good. If you aren't finding it to be good, I really don't think you'll find much better.

AA exp is boosted if you have less than 4k AA, and it slows down the closer to 4k you get. At 4k, it becomes the same going forward, and is the normal rate. So at 2k, you've probably started to notice it slowing down, but you're probably still getting AA 50% faster as you will at 4k.

Ascher
12-15-2013, 05:50 PM
Hmm, thats kind of what i was afriad of!

On a side note, i dropped serverwide.monk channel and cant seem to find the thread with the info to get back into it. Any help?

Thanks

Lyndar
12-16-2013, 10:17 AM
imo - hotzone quests for 85 and 90, plus welcome to argath and shoring up the defenses will give you XP faster than grinding. The quest rewards are modified by the sub 4k aa bonus

Ascher
12-16-2013, 11:58 AM
imo - hotzone quests for 85 and 90, plus welcome to argath and shoring up the defenses will give you XP faster than grinding. The quest rewards are modified by the sub 4k aa bonus

Thanks Lyndar. I actually was doing the hotzone quests for a buddy and an alt last night when i noticed i was getting 30+ for the 90's and 19aa for the level 85 one. Pretty easy and fast. I'll have to look into the Argath one's. Havent done them since before RoF came out.

Ascher

Rasputyn
12-16-2013, 03:18 PM
serverwide.monkly:business

Nedrom
12-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Valley in VOA has awesome xp so far

Ascher
01-07-2014, 02:44 PM
As an update to this post. I'm now at 3600+ aa's. I still try and do the 3 dailies for aa exp. Now i get 5 from the 85, and i think 11 from the 90's. Completely worth the time commitment too.

Seems like the best solo is either Valley(hot zone) or Grounds(hot zone). I kill faster in grounds, but valley is substantially more exp and more risky. Either one seems fairly decent. I haven't swung back on argath task again yet, as i farmed that back during VoA and got sick of that dang task :P

Ascher

Ishtass
01-07-2014, 05:01 PM
You solo in higher areas than I do ;)

Ascher
01-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Where are you hitting up ishtass? with grounds and valley i have to be careful of amount of mobs, and use discs appropriately for survival and killing. If i'm there and your in say, old Bloodfields, then i'm probably doing it wrong!

thanks,

Ascher

Ishtass
01-07-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm by no means saying my way is best, but... I solo light blue mobs 1-3 at a time in HoT expansion, very quickly. It may not be the fastest, but I am maxed AA from this. When I came back around 6 months ago, I had group gear from 2-3 expansions ago, was down around 1600 AA, and caught up within maybe a month of casual grinding. This is outside of the 4k exp bonus AA range, and not doing any daily's which obviously would make it faster.

Vanni
01-08-2014, 11:16 AM
I liked the weak con wolves in shards landing. Pretty good xp once you can go mercless against them. I started in on them with the basic aa's behind me though, your mileage may vary.