PDA

View Full Version : 96

Nedrom
12-10-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm about to ding 96. My gear in magelo and aa have not changed since the last update.

What should my plan be?

KIILLZ
12-10-2013, 05:59 PM
hmmm dps and survivability.. I d work Hstr while fallling in line with upgraded ac/hp.

Nedrom
12-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Was hoping more for some AA guidance:)
Won't be raiding so my upgrades will be mostly group augments

Ishtass
12-11-2013, 04:52 PM
I would get Thunderfoot and other kick related dps boosting AA's under class tab. We get a lot of our dmg from kicks now, would help to boost them.

Tzarok Ignavus
12-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Agree with Ishtass here, push all the kick aa's you can.

cheapfx
12-12-2013, 07:44 AM
Thunderfoot and other kick related AA. Definitely.

I would go as far to say that thunderfoot is the best AA line we have received in the lat 2 years.

Remember that 2hb is a viable option now also if you are moloing with the new 2h AA. I am not sure though if you can purchase them at 96. I do know the new group 2h purchased from the CotF vendor performs just as well as tier 3 RoF hths.

Food for thought and welcome back!

KIILLZ
12-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Getting back to survivability AA wise Combat Agility and Combat Stability are a plus. I agree with the others here on the kick AA s.

Obiziana
12-12-2013, 11:05 AM
I'd throw in maxing punch mastery as it now affects all h2h attacks. It's pretty cheap up through VOA ranks i believe.

Nedrom
12-12-2013, 04:12 PM
I've not had much luck at all finding or making groups since I started playing again. I've been solo'ing all of the Feerrott tasks and plan to move on to the grounds.

Is there some better place I can get level xp by myself? I also have a level 81 bard bot but I only log him in if i really need to as I don't like him mooching my xp. I realize that RoF Mercenary tasks will probably level me really fast but I need a real group to do any of that stuff.

KIILLZ
12-12-2013, 04:41 PM
IF I missed it forgive me do you have the new expansion yet? if so the merc tasks are pretty easy and give great xp per kill and end task reward.

Gorkeyah
12-12-2013, 05:07 PM
ROF tasks were good for exp when you finished an arc.

Ascher
12-12-2013, 05:11 PM
IF I missed it forgive me do you have the new expansion yet? if so the merc tasks are pretty easy and give great xp per kill and end task reward.

I'm in the exact same boat as Nedrom. Just hit level 97, cant find or create groups because of our levels and the clic nature of most regular eq groups these days. I'm guessing the tasks in the new expansion are probably something that we cannot tank ourselves with 80k buffed and 6800ac buffed?

I have an 85 shaman, that i just recently pulled out because i prefer it to running a merc. He also has the expansion.

Ascher

Nedrom
12-13-2013, 09:46 AM
I only have up to RoF. Finally got 96 and rk1 of thunderfoot!

Learned last night that I can barely tank in Valley (VOA) so I doubt I can molo any tasks in new expansion.

KIILLZ
12-13-2013, 10:00 AM
With monk lull/mez, can single pull easy if you wanna try the arena area in underground city in Shards landing, I did alot of killing there for my tear the xp should be pretty decent there for you.

Ascher
12-13-2013, 12:15 PM
I have never understood trying to molo the exp in areas where we can Barely tank. The mobs usually have super high hp's and the kill speed is abysmall. I'm guessing Nedrom is like me and the gear is pretty much bazaar gear or tier 1 group.

Pull out a shaman box and slow the mobs, might be able to do tasks. I'm actually gonna give this a try tonight doing partisan tasks in Kael. Hopefully can pull it off with merc healing and the shm slows.

Ned, i'm thinking that the partisan quests, if you can get help from 1-2 guildies, should be the best exp. 10-15% exp reward (for 100-101) is a LOT of experience that you would have to grind for.

Ascher

Ascher
12-13-2013, 12:21 PM
I only have up to RoF. Finally got 96 and rk1 of thunderfoot!

Learned last night that I can barely tank in Valley (VOA) so I doubt I can molo any tasks in new expansion.

I forgot to mention what i've been doing lately also. If you can do the tasks for hot zones from Franklin Teek in Pok(right outside lobby) it gives very nice rewards. I do the 85, and 2 level 90 ones each night, or try to. The 2 90's give 4-5% regular exp for short work and the 85(old blood fields) gives like 3%. Thats a pretty steady 11-13%/night if your struggling for other things to do. The hardest one is tanking in the valley, but its not to bad if you zone in and yell for a group either as there are lots of people that do these daily quests.

Ascher

Gorkeyah
12-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Yeah I wouldn't grind in rof. It's mostly the tasks that are good for exp. For mob killing exp, I'd look for mobs you can kill without a merc. Probably a light blue hotzone.

Also, fwiw, there are weak con mobs in shards landing that might be good for mob killing exp solo.

Zenshiss
12-13-2013, 03:58 PM
It slowed down a bit after 96, but I'd suggest doing the Blackwater Village and/or Fishing Beach in Hills of Shade (Hot Zone) solo if you can, molo if you have to. Mobs should be light blue, pretty easy kills overall.

Depending on your total AA count, you might want to reserve your dailies for AA exp--if you're below 4.5k or so, doing the top 3 (85, 90, 90 alternate) should net you at least 40 AA in a pretty short period of time.

Nedrom
03-30-2015, 12:14 AM
Just out of curiosity if anyone is in this spot...

I solo'd my way from 96 to 100 (in about 5 weeks time) just doing daily hot zone tasks for 85, 90 and alternate 90 and doing tasks in RoF and the progression in HoT. Usual nights I was on for no more than 2-3 hours.

I avoided groups, because of the recent xp nerfs, I was able to solo XP at a faster rate and not have to rely on wasting time finding groups, and I could afk whenever I wanted.

Surprisingly having my bard higher level has helped a lot.

My group setup was...
Me + Cleric T5 Merc
Bard + Rogue T5 Merc

Works well, not much I can't do and I stick in HoT and RoF zones.

I'm still doing progression in HoT as I want to finish it just because... it's EverQuest.

To maintain a community feeling that I've been missing as Drinal is pretty dead, I'm now back on Povar in my old guild Firestormers from 10 years past as a friends member, not raiding, just in for the community and happy again.

I havent been on that much in the last two weeks due to two straight weeks of traveling for work and no time / Internet to hop on.

See you maybe this week :)

Shukkex
03-30-2015, 01:09 AM
I miss u

Aenoan
03-30-2015, 07:35 AM
PL my Shaman so I can chain Torpor you, i mean heal you like a good shaman! :X