PDA

View Full Version : memories...lower guk

Lenardo
12-02-2013, 04:51 PM
i just need the spot to get hte map link post but,...remember eqatlas maps, i still got binders full of the maps

memories of guk

Ishtass
12-02-2013, 05:56 PM
i just need the spot to get hte map link post but,...remember eqatlas maps, i still got binders full of the maps

memories of guk

Lol, I do too. I still have an old accordion folder that's falling apart full of the old eqatlas maps.

Ascher
12-02-2013, 08:29 PM
I used to love that i knew ways in and out of zones, paths, areas and everything that most people didnt take the time to learn. Learning them was REQUIRED as a pulling monk, or else you would pull and just die....

Long past are the days of that, although mapfiend is certainly a huge step up from some of my foggy memories at this point!

Ascher

Baccas
12-03-2013, 09:46 AM
I downloaded all the maps and printed them out long before I would get to any of the zones for the first time. I kept them in a giant 3 ring binder. I would look at them and imagine what the zone was like. By the time I was there the first time, I usually knew it better than people that had been grouping the zone for a while. I often would go to zones WAY higher than my level would dictate and FD flop my way around looking at everything. (I would store all my gear in the bank so I did not lose anything if I was not able to get my corpse back)

I miss early EQ. Nothing has ever come close.

Bodhidharma
12-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Raster was 6 right?
Edit: No wait, he was live side, and this is dead side isn't it.

Sontor
12-10-2013, 07:12 PM
I miss early EQ. Nothing has ever come close.

So true. I've played Eve far longer, but nothing beats early EQ. RoK and SoV were my alternate reality.

phonepoast'n

Sensei Xarrais Klanklan
12-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Ahh so many memories of lower guk.....

Earliest memories probly back around may 99 with my lvl 30 troll just getting in to some groups here trying to get through the hell lvl. After a week or 2 I managed to finally get my hands on Prenerf guise of the deceiver, which in those days as a troll or ogre you had to have one or you couldnt go to sol a or b because shrink didn't exsist and you blocked the halls... seriously people used to get really mad hehe.

Later there was camping endlessly for a FBSS which was just about the only haste item in the game that was accessable. Vox in those days was near impossible to kill and CoF from naggy was fairly rare.

The living side of that place was a feared. Some frogs could see invis so if you wiped over there you were in for some trouble getting your body back, but I went a few times farmed the king a couple times... this room in those days was nearly a raid target.

Later with the main switch to monk I did my rastor camp I was there less time than most only around 8 or 9 hours. I also remeber I used to farm evil eye bags for some quick money with my monk. It was an easy 300 pp in kunark days and a monk could FD hop there in seconds kill and be gone.

And later still I remember going back with monk and slaughtering the entire dead side for hours and hours to get faction to do crown of deceit quest done for me and shaman ( I always loved illusion clickies) That was kinda fun, felt like good revenge for the old times when that place was difficult.

So many good memories of the old days I so wish I had the time to play like I did back then =\

Azith Evertoon
12-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Good memories of lower guk?
So many memories?

Arent there only like 4 monk memories of lower guk?
1) Stare at wall where raster spawns.
2) Kill frogs.
3) See other monk camping spot - leave or be a dick and try to steal a kill.
4) Kill raster (if he doesnt drop the item, go back to #1).

Zarie
12-24-2013, 09:11 PM
Not only EQ Atlas maps but some that members of guilds did.
Yes - I also have those...
Zarie

Itelar
01-18-2014, 01:39 PM
I recently returned and went to Lguk the other day, when I was mid-high 30s. Talk about nostalgic! I forgot how many casters were in that zone, lol.

DabrixMGP
01-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Good memories of lower guk?
So many memories?

Arent there only like 4 monk memories of lower guk?
1) Stare at wall where raster spawns.
2) Kill frogs.
3) See other monk camping spot - leave or be a dick and try to steal a kill.
4) Kill raster (if he doesnt drop the item, go back to #1).

I killed brother Qwinn. I aint got time for all that.

I forgot how many casters were in that zone, lol.

live side is the worst because like every single frog is a damn shaman. So they spam cast root, heals, and every other frog has SoW.

Soygen
01-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Real oldschool monks had to camp Raster. Those brothers were impossible back then!

Iksa
03-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Real oldschool monks had to camp Raster. Those brothers were impossible back then!

Yeah, yeah... but the bonus of killing Brother Qwinn was that if you paid attention, you could figure out how the Quillmane spawn system worked. :-P

I spawned Quillmane for soooo many people back in the day.

P.S. For the record, I camped Raster. I just happened to help other monks kill Qwinn and figured out Quillmane's puzzle.

wycca
08-01-2014, 05:08 AM
Bit late to the party...

I've been playing on P99 since late Jan, let's just say I just camped for the night in LGuK after running around sniping named. Velious is in beta right now and tonight we were testing HoT+Doz. Quite a blast to relive old eq. Yes, we still use those old EQAtlas maps, although I mainly alt+tab instead of print them out.

PS - Live sounds crazy.

sensei savager
08-01-2014, 06:45 AM
/hug Wycca!

Zarie
08-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Hello Wycca:)
Zarie