PDA

View Full Version : Blood Drinker's Coating

rapitiss
11-29-2013, 02:32 PM
So I got one of these over the weekend. Works nicely as a pre-melee buff. Heals aren't very big but add up.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=113371

cheapfx
11-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Works great for swarming. The heal is 2 percent of what you hit for. This makes a 100k finishing blow heal for 2k. Not bad.

Lyndar
11-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Is this like a normal proc, or something that takes effect every hit?

cheapfx
11-29-2013, 10:05 PM
When clicked it puts a 1 minute buff in the song window that will proc a heal every weapon swing for 2 percent of what you hit for in that swing.

Being that it is a song type buff I havent found anything it dosent stack with.

rapitiss
11-29-2013, 11:12 PM
So far I think this is suitable for folks who solo and need to find any heals they can.

The other area where it might give enough of a return is when you've got some minor AE's this might give you a little extra back.

I haven't parsed but just kind of thinking.

If I do 30k/s DPS then this is 600 hp/s so over the one minute duration I can expect to get ~ 36k hp back.

tanecho
11-30-2013, 01:34 AM
It's not world changing, but it's certainly nice to have. It's like an extra 1/2 hot during raids/groups, and as mentioned it's very nice while swarming for components.

Lyndar
11-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Recast time?

KIILLZ
11-30-2013, 11:29 AM
idk .... neat if you get it and get lucky on it....just dont see the time spent/reward factor in it. Missions are pita enuff then to farm em for it. Unless your huntin progression or currency

rapitiss
11-30-2013, 11:35 AM
I found this mission to be very straight forward. The named spawns about 1 in 3 runs.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=7277

In total I ran about 7 hrs worth quick 30-45 min missions. Wasn't too bad.

KIILLZ
11-30-2013, 11:57 AM
if its 1 in 3 then not bad to work it. Dont seem all that worth it if there are horror stories abound like having done it 20 times or something ridiculous like that without a spawn or a drop. Drop factors in too.

tanecho
11-30-2013, 03:43 PM
I did around 30 total instances, killing 20-25 named for mine. I chained the first mission, as it has 3 named that can spawn. Running myself, a warrior, and a cleric/wizard merc, each mission took about 30-45 minutes, depending on the sequence.

As to the recast question, it doesn't have one, you can happily click it all day if you like.

rapitiss
11-30-2013, 11:38 PM
First raid with the clicky was tonight.

I must say it was nice as a trickle recharge for hp.

If your healers down and its going to be touch and go nice to have in the pocket.

Gorkeyah
11-30-2013, 11:52 PM
I found this mission to be very straight forward. The named spawns about 1 in 3 runs.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=7277

In total I ran about 7 hrs worth quick 30-45 min missions. Wasn't too bad.

I tried that bug once. It wasn't pretty. It seems to drop from other mission named, one of which I killed easy, so I'd probably farm a different mission. What did you have to kill the mosquito?

rapitiss
12-01-2013, 12:08 AM
What did you have to kill the mosquito? Reduce its hp to zero !

RC does wonders for removing the big dot the mosquito likes to cast. Other than that it was pretty straight forward burn.

Gorkeyah
12-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Reduce its hp to zero !

RC does wonders for removing the big dot the mosquito likes to cast. Other than that it was pretty straight forward burn.

I kind of meant what for a group. Heh

I suck at boxing, but I tried with my shaman, a merc tank and healer. Merc tank died in about 2 seconds. I lasted longer, but not much longer than my tank disc.

Archus
12-02-2013, 04:02 PM
I did around 30 total instances, killing 20-25 named for mine. I chained the first mission, as it has 3 named that can spawn. Running myself, a warrior, and a cleric/wizard merc, each mission took about 30-45 minutes, depending on the sequence.

As to the recast question, it doesn't have one, you can happily click it all day if you like.

I have it on good authority that the recast time is an oversight and one will be applied to this item. Hopefully it won't be more than a few minutes since this effect really isn't that powerful at all.

tanecho
12-03-2013, 01:10 AM
That's weak if they do, I and several others camped it for what it is.

KIILLZ
12-03-2013, 08:37 AM
the only redeeming feature of it is the recast, they nerf that and put one on, it becomes a novelty, and then my apologies to all that camped it.

Baleful
12-03-2013, 02:29 PM
the only redeeming feature of it is the recast, they nerf that and put one on, it becomes a novelty, and then my apologies to all that camped it.

Yeah exactly, I got mine after doing many hours of doing the same one (Skulk #1) over and over. Had it drop one time (in Skulk #1) and lost roll to a good friend (so didn't mind). After that it dropped in Cooper 2 from a named and for some reason the HA was not locked so I went in to get it, SK friend came in with me for the other drop. We stayed for the second named (of the 3 possible) and it dropped again and the SK snagged it.

IMHO, Skulk #1 is the best bang for your buck for chances, possible 3 named and they are all easy and the task itself is not long at all.

Ishtass
12-07-2013, 12:06 AM
test patch:

Blood Drinker's Coating now has a 10-minute recast time, a 3-minute duration, and a description of what the effect does.

KIILLZ
12-07-2013, 09:04 AM
I guess its not horrible with a 3 minute duration now and just a 10 min recast... gives ya fair nuff time of just 7mins down and time nuff till next burn or set of mobs.

cheapfx
12-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Anyone on test happen to see if extended ingenuity effects this? May turn into a 4 or 5 minute buff with the extension.

Archus
12-08-2013, 02:08 AM
Anyone on test happen to see if extended ingenuity effects this? May turn into a 4 or 5 minute buff with the extension.

Extended Ingenuity does not currently affect it. Just as a starting point.

Tzarok Ignavus
12-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Also, not that it matters for anything but parsing, but the current buff timer counts down while in guild hall and drops

Ascher
01-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Picked one of these up while randomly doing a mission with a friend that didnt want/need it. Nice little clicky for soloing and the occasional raid health regeneration. I certainly don't think that its an overpowered item even if it was up 24/7 like pre nerf. Not sure why they hit it so hard and made it so its not extendable via aa's.

Ascher

Baleful
01-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Picked one of these up while randomly doing a mission with a friend that didnt want/need it. Nice little clicky for soloing and the occasional raid health regeneration. I certainly don't think that its an overpowered item even if it was up 24/7 like pre nerf. Not sure why they hit it so hard and made it so its not extendable via aa's.

Ascher

I think that the extension from AA's should be fought for with the nerf but in pre form who cared.

Kaliaila
01-11-2014, 04:57 AM
What would the Extension from AA's put it at?

Derakahn
01-12-2014, 08:10 PM
iirc the buff was only 1 minute previously, and since the nerf it's been boosted to last 3 min, so at least in part, they did take duration into consideration. been offline for about a month though, so could be wrong about that =/