PDA

View Full Version : breastplates

sojuu
11-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Is everyone happy with focus and the click on our breastplates? Or would there be interest in a new direction than the current path they are being taken?

Nedrom
11-08-2013, 01:52 PM
What is the current group and raid focus?

sojuu
11-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Focus is reduction on the reuse of impen/earthforce. I don't mind it being this or changed but if changed would like to see it reducing the reuse of heel or something.

Clicky is such and such fist technique. This technique focuses your chi, allowing you to unleash it for X damage when striking your enemies.

Main reason I asked was the question came up , and wanted to get yalls input on what was wanted. So any thoughts or concerns?

Nedrom
11-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Is the click still that random proc with big kick at the end?

Zenshiss
11-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Is the click still that random proc with big kick at the end?

Yes. Personally, I like the way our bp has been for a while now, except for the issue with Raid T1/T2 focus being a downgrade from group T4 (it doesn't have the earthforce discipline timer reduction that the T4 group bp does).

KIILLZ
11-08-2013, 03:48 PM
would love to see the timer from current one on a different one then the shroud so I would nt have to use distant strike to pull during cool down :P

Derakahn
11-08-2013, 05:30 PM
R-O-B-E
That would make me happy =P

Sorick
11-08-2013, 05:33 PM
I personally think the focus is useless most of the time.

I would much rather see it be either Heel or the Terrorpalm line reduction on those timer's.

Yyevil
11-08-2013, 05:39 PM
I personally think the focus is useless most of the time.

I would much rather see it be either Heel or the Terrorpalm line reduction on those timer's.

I would agree with this.

Mris
11-08-2013, 08:08 PM
I do like having the impen/earthwalk reduction, but wouldn't see an issue with a dps focus instead.

As to the click, it works out well for us. The only change I could think of off the top of my head would be making it +FKdamage with a hit counter instead of a proc with a counter. The +damage could be similar damage to the procs with the same number of counters. Upside, it gets used quicker, so you know it'll fire the finishing kick during whatever disc you're using. Downside, +damage won't crit, but procs can. Also, the kick bonus won't get resisted, which I see happen with the procs. (But gotta make sure the +damage stacks with every +fk damage we already have, like the stuff on Zan Fi, or the potential shawl proc.)

Kaliaila
11-08-2013, 08:32 PM
As far as the Focus goes, what about a trade in option akin to how they handle bracers at times. That way those who prefer the faster defensive disc can use that and those who want faster dps disc can have that?

tanecho
11-08-2013, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't mind if they alternated on the focus, T1 defense, T2 offense, to give us a choice. I doubt they'd make a hand in option for it though.

I personally like the earthforce reduction, and I don't see an issue with our proc either, I like our BPs as they are.

Kaliaila
11-09-2013, 11:47 PM
I wouldn't mind if they alternated on the focus, T1 defense, T2 offense, to give us a choice. I doubt they'd make a hand in option for it though.

I personally like the earthforce reduction, and I don't see an issue with our proc either, I like our BPs as they are.

Maybe they could repurpose the type 15 aug slots for bp foci augs.

sojuu
11-10-2013, 04:10 PM
I actually really like the type 15 aug thing. But yall know earthforce enhances dps too right? not as much as heel but it does do some.

Sorick
11-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I actually really like the type 15 aug thing. But yall know earthforce enhances dps too right? not as much as heel but it does do some.

So?

If you are clicking earthforce constantly you are either soloing to some degree or in a bad situation where you have to keep trying to tank things.

Providing a bit of a benefit to those types of situations will always be a waste in my eyes.

Get a focus on there that actually benefits us in normal and ideal situations to make us shine a bit better instead of put bandaids on those bad situations.

Derakahn
11-10-2013, 06:07 PM

Earthforce Discipline Rk. III
1: Increase Melee Mitigation by 90%
2: Stun Resist (1000%)
3: Unknown #418 (100/164/0)
4: 20% Chance to trigger: Impenetrable Effect ( 1: Block Melee or Spells (3), Max: 0 )
5: 80% Chance to trigger: Impenetrable Effect II ( 1: Block Melee or Spells (5), Max: 0)

Unless you just mean by staying alive, how does this increase dps at all?

tanecho
11-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Unknown 418, adds 164 damage to all attacks.

Derakahn
11-10-2013, 08:38 PM
gotchya, was wondering if that's what it was.
thanks =)

sojuu
11-11-2013, 12:45 AM
is there a way to do a poll on these forums?

Nedrom
11-11-2013, 10:39 AM
yes

Nedrom
11-11-2013, 10:40 AM
when you create a new post, scroll down there is poll option

Doneeb
11-12-2013, 10:52 PM
d-r-e-s-s

rapitiss
11-13-2013, 12:12 AM
I'd like a robe like the CoA robe. Not the hero forge poofy robe.

Derakahn
11-13-2013, 05:28 AM
aye, luclin iksar are still ugly as fek, so I can't get any use of the heroes forge robes anyway since I still use the old iksar model.
I dunno why they can't just add a turn in option for a bp/robe or a recombine in the box like you can for wrists.
And especially for cultural, why can't I just make a robe? /sigh

Yyevil
11-14-2013, 07:50 PM
aye, luclin iksar are still ugly as fek, so I can't get any use of the heroes forge robes anyway since I still use the old iksar model.
I dunno why they can't just add a turn in option for a bp/robe or a recombine in the box like you can for wrists.
And especially for cultural, why can't I just make a robe? /sigh

Because they have run out of room for in the animation file. They'd have to add new melee animations for every robe type out there. This has long been the reason why we could not have a blanket set of robe graphics. Perhaps that has changed of late with Hero's forge or maybe they're using some type of modern technology (no clue), but the animation file is what they have said in the past limited ubiquitous introduction of robes for melee.

Derakahn
11-14-2013, 09:45 PM
huh? every animation I have works with a robe, wasn't a problem with anguish robe, and leather can use HF robes, I just don't use luclin models.

Lyndar
11-17-2013, 05:47 PM
I box a shaman and tank all the time, I don't raid and very rarely group, and as such impenetrable focus on the bp is a million times more useful to me than a boost to a discipline I can use only infrequently.

Nedrom
11-18-2013, 12:38 PM
I box a shaman and tank all the time, I don't raid and very rarely group, and as such impenetrable focus on the bp is a million times more useful to me than a boost to a discipline I can use only infrequently.

I'm with Lyndar on this one.

Sorick
11-18-2013, 04:11 PM

Like I said before, the focus is completely worthless unless you prefer to play this game as a single player game by soloing essentially (that includes boxing where you tank) or are in an awful group where you have to be the one tanking.

Neither of which are even remotely close to ideal situations, so the fact remains that this focus is boosting a very simplistic way to play the game instead of changing it into something that might actually improve more ideal situations.

I can count on one finger the amount of times I have felt the need to use Earthforce, that is what you call using something infrequently.

Nedrom
11-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Like I said before, the focus is completely worthless unless you prefer to play this game as a single player game by soloing essentially (that includes boxing where you tank) or are in an awful group where you have to be the one tanking.

Neither of which are even remotely close to ideal situations, so the fact remains that this focus is boosting a very simplistic way to play the game instead of changing it into something that might actually improve more ideal situations.

I can count on one finger the amount of times I have felt the need to use Earthforce, that is what you call using something infrequently.

When I used to raid, I used impenetrable every time it was up. Can someone please explain to me why it's no longer useful on raids? Is survivability no longer an option for the monk class? Since when did we become invulnerable?

Ishtass
11-18-2013, 05:35 PM
When I used to raid, I used impenetrable every time it was up. Can someone please explain to me why it's no longer useful on raids? Is survivability no longer an option for the monk class? Since when did we become invulnerable?

I use impen/earthforce on raids all the time

Archus
11-18-2013, 05:42 PM

If you don't use this on raids, then you are doing yourself a disservice. With the BP focus its nearly a 2 minute refresh on the best rune in the game. Click it right before engage or between discs to put the rune up and click the disc off (or if its a longer fight, you don't need to click off the disc, just let it run since you get a small dps boost with it now). Then you have the best rune in the game protecting you from an AE or two and perhaps a couple hits of AE rampage. With the low refresh time now, it doesn't really have to be saved for "oh shit" scenarios. I'd rather keep this than have the BP reduce one of our dps timers by say 3 minutes which would only allow whichever disc was modded to be used again on some (certainly not all or most) raid events. I click Earthforce all the time in groups and raids because of its short reuse time now. Whether or not I actually "need" to may be debateable, but I'd say if you've only ever felt the "need" to use Earthforce once (one finger), then you aren't using it nearly enough.

KIILLZ
11-18-2013, 06:03 PM
TOTALLY TOTALLY baffles me how it can be said the focus is useless on raids. Apparently it would seem no one has EVER had to OT/peel a mob off a priest in a do or die situation on a raid or take a hit from an add???

Attickus
11-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Now I know i do not post on here but read more then anything else but what this topic is about I thought i'd give my opinion on the BP focus for impen/earth.

I use either of them religiously myself when either raiding or grouping. If i want the slight DPS increase i use Earth, if not I just hit Impen, both have saved me with the rune from a few AE ramps, or from AE's themselves because it absorbs it when without it i would have had to click a healing pot or mend, however more then likely click the healing to save mend for a different time instead of having it on a cooldown even if it is only 30 seconds.

With the current focus and timer's on both i would rather have them stay the same as it is now instead of lowering one of our DPS Discs further. To lower them further I would personally like to see more Hasten AA's myself for those discs then giving us a focus change on the BP and losing the impen/earth one we currently have.

sojuu
11-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Well judging by most talk I suggested no change and keep BP focus/click way it is. But since question was asked figured would get yalls input if it needed to be changed or kept the same. So expect it the BP focus/click to stay as is as per my input at least.

Aggememnon
11-19-2013, 09:30 AM
Just an idea, but why not ask for an additional focus. It would have to be something relatively weak I guess. Maybe ironfist reuse? I would argue that disc still needs some reduction in timer ...

Gorkeyah
11-19-2013, 10:15 AM
I use impen/earthforce on raids all the time

Same here. Sometimes useful when raid is dealing with adds after I get agro and dropping it on someone else would be counterproductive. Also useful for dealing with rampage situations.

Derakahn
11-19-2013, 03:22 PM
I honestly just use the cultural cleave BP because I think our BP is kinda worthless. I have a t1(raid) bp in the bag for a click, which i need to ugprade soon, but there'd have to be bigger changes to make me use a tiered BP vs cultural

1) Would need to be a robe... could give a crap less what's on it as long as it's a robe,
2) Some sort of extra DPS focus. A hasted TP/SF, better worn mods, something.
3) I'd even be happy with seeing a nice LARGE dispel click again. Between vulak 2hb and CoA robe, it still takes 2-3+ twincasts to dispell some of these new buffs on npcs.

I really don't think the peeps that are talking about using imp/EF really use it so much that it needs to be a reduced foci.
I pop it on raids sometimes, on an add, on a pull, but really, how often do those 1 off situations come up on a raid? Not every 3 minutes.

I think anyone who is in a position that NEEDS to use EF *every* time it's up (for survival) and needs a faster reuse probably need to re-evaluate their play style and/or the people they play with. Seems to me it's time to let this one go for something better.

ps... just woke up, no caffine, sorry if this is poorly thought out or seems a bit aggressive.

sensei savager
11-19-2013, 03:59 PM
I use EF every time its up (not for survival).

Derakahn
11-19-2013, 05:03 PM
so if the biggest reason people are using EF constantly is for DPS, wouldn't it be more productive to just look for better dps options?

I'd like to see something along the lines of something a bit unusual like a worn focus along the line of our class weapon, that procs a haste, or an overall increase to weapon dmg, a higher chance to proc thunderfoot. Hell, even something non dps and cool like a chance to cast a big HoT on yourself from mend. Whatever the actual DPS boost to the EF disc is, I'm sure I more than make up for it with the perma cleave I have in that slot already.

KIILLZ
11-19-2013, 05:27 PM
Would honestly think you need to re evaluate your re evaluate your play style comments for folks using the current BP's. Come here with your own thoughts on STILL using cultural at this stage is your choice and thats fine but to say that? kinda shooting down people for THEIR choices? lol that BP is whole lot more then survivability as Savager stated.

newkainn
11-19-2013, 07:14 PM
i also molo most times and the impen is really helpful for me. id vote to continue down the path we are headed.

Attickus
11-19-2013, 07:47 PM
I honestly just use the cultural cleave BP because I think our BP is kinda worthless. I have a t1(raid) bp in the bag for a click, which i need to ugprade soon, but there'd have to be bigger changes to make me use a tiered BP vs cultural

1) Would need to be a robe... could give a crap less what's on it as long as it's a robe,
2) Some sort of extra DPS focus. A hasted TP/SF, better worn mods, something.
3) I'd even be happy with seeing a nice LARGE dispel click again. Between vulak 2hb and CoA robe, it still takes 2-3+ twincasts to dispell some of these new buffs on npcs.

I really don't think the peeps that are talking about using imp/EF really use it so much that it needs to be a reduced foci.
I pop it on raids sometimes, on an add, on a pull, but really, how often do those 1 off situations come up on a raid? Not every 3 minutes.

I think anyone who is in a position that NEEDS to use EF *every* time it's up (for survival) and needs a faster reuse probably need to re-evaluate their play style and/or the people they play with. Seems to me it's time to let this one go for something better.

ps... just woke up, no caffine, sorry if this is poorly thought out or seems a bit aggressive.

I won't disagree that it does seem a bit aggressive but i know all about that no caffeine. I get that way myself so i don't take this as offensive.

I will say however that I personally do not need to use EF every time it is up for survivability because i could go without using it completely and be fine either way.

However I go with the flow most of the time with this and, for either A.) an in between disc to time when something else has yet to be used(Ruaabri's, War, QT,to just list 3 since i don't feel like typing all the others out). or B.) is on cooldown (Shaman/Bard Epic's, to just list 2 things) so as not to waste one of the other discs while still having a beneficial effect.

Derakahn
11-19-2013, 09:53 PM
yerp, I gotta wake up more before I post shit

for the record, not saying re-eval your play style for using the bp's, the new bp's are very nice, just saying on a survival level, I can't imagine needing the click back up every time.

However, I will humbly open mouth and insert foot because I didn't realize just how much of a redux the current bp's had on the ability. I thought it was considerably less than it actually is.

sensei savager
11-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Can we get a BP that procs Death Touch on the mob we have targeted and procs a 1 million hp rune every time we swing a weapon. Also make sure the BP mold drops off of trash mobs like 1 out of every 2 kills, I don't want to have to wait for it when it's released. =P

Nedrom
11-20-2013, 10:48 AM
Can we get a BP that procs Death Touch on the mob we have targeted and procs a 1 million hp rune every time we swing a weapon. Also make sure the BP mold drops off of trash mobs like 1 out of every 2 kills, I don't want to have to wait for it when it's released. =P

Completely unacceptable response from a human monk.

We both know that this BP should just go on cursor when you turn in guild summons

sensei savager
11-20-2013, 12:49 PM
completely unacceptable response from a human monk.

We both know that this bp should just go on cursor when you turn in guild summons

lmao!

sojuu
12-03-2013, 08:56 PM
has anyone ever parsed the BP click?

tanecho
12-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Tough to parse it really. It can be really good or meh, depending on luck from the finishing kick.

Mris
12-03-2013, 10:29 PM
I've seen the proc get resisted sometimes, but it's not all the time. Do you guys generally let it run out of counters, or just click it off to get the finishing kick during a particular disc?

Kelefane
12-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Ive always thought that the current BP clicky line is just "meh" and yeah, ive heard of the procs resisting too.

I'd explore other options perhaps regarding the clicky itself.

Gorkeyah
12-04-2013, 12:01 PM
I've seen the proc get resisted sometimes, but it's not all the time. Do you guys generally let it run out of counters, or just click it off to get the finishing kick during a particular disc?

I haven't looked at it, but it's a set number of procs for x amount, so it should be easy enough to calculate the best dps you could get without parsing.

I'll let it run on long fights, or click it off for the kick on shorter ones.