PDA

View Full Version : Tiger's vs Eagle's?

Bixxby82
10-28-2013, 10:35 AM
So... just comin' back after being away for a few months.
And, I forget.
Are we Tiger's Balancing or Eagle's Balancing these days?
I have Tiger's Rk III set up atm, but i'm doubting my senility in that.

did we get definitive parsing on these two and figure out what was best?

thanks.

Ishtass
10-28-2013, 07:03 PM
I don't think there's much parsing on it, but the general consensus was that tiger claw is unlinked, and so should see more from Tiger's Balance than the basically nothing we would get from using Eagle's Balance.

Archus
10-29-2013, 12:23 PM
I don't think there's much parsing on it, but the general consensus was that tiger claw is unlinked, and so should see more from Tiger's Balance than the basically nothing we would get from using Eagle's Balance.

Linking/unlinking doesn't really have much to do with which is better. These discs are just buffs that allow you to proc a Tiger Claw attack or an Eagle Strike attack. I'm assuming you meant Tiger's should be better because even though its a lower damage base attack, it can be modded with our new +Tiger's Claw gear and Wasp Touch?

Tiger's Strike III
Range: 200'
Resist: Unresistable
1: Tiger Claw Attack for 377 with 10000% Accuracy Mod

Eagle's Strike III
Range: 200'
Resist: Unresistable
1: Eagle Strike Attack for 467 with 10000% Accuracy Mod

Two-Finger Wasp Touch
Target: Single
Range: 50'
Resist: Physical -950
Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
1: Increase Tiger Claw Damage Taken by 100%

Wasp Touch alone should make it worthwhile to use Tiger's Balance over Eagle's in almost every scenario.

Gorkeyah
10-29-2013, 02:04 PM
If you're grinding, you're probably better off with eagles as the buff will last through multiple mobs while the debuff will only be good for one of them. -not that I've personally bothered to change in this situation. heh