PDA

View Full Version : Returning and clueless

Phreaky
10-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Hey all,

I stopped playing my monk around SOD and stopped playing EQ during HOT. I fired it up and I'm totally lost! I got the swing of monking in the simple sense but I cannot for the life of me remember what the different AA/Attacks do and how they stack.

Furthermore I'm not sure which AAs are most bang for the buck. I'm at around 2400 AAs with stuff spent as a monk would over many years. Newer stuff I don't have any clue about what it actually does or how it ranks in terms of being "worth it". I'm lvl 87 atm btw.

Is there a list of what the attacks actually do and which ones actually make a difference in DPS?

Can anyone explain why/when you'd use these and what kind of dmg they do?:
Drunken Monkey
Dreamwalkers Synergy
Zan Fi's whistle
Infusion of Thunder
StunningKick/EyeGouge/CripplingStrike
Cloud of Fists
Worl of Fists

AA wise I see lots of things that look nice but what's best? I see Fists of Fury being huge but that's level locked for now. At one point I was working on the stunningkick/eyegouge/crippingstrike aas. Are those still important?

Can anyone explain the function and relative importance of:
Heel of Brithrax
Kick Mastery
Punch Mastery
Infusion of Thunder
Stonefoot
Thunderfoot

Thanks for any help you can offer, it's daunting to come back to a class that was difficult to play when I stopped playing and not knowing what to focus on. SOOOO MANY BUTTONS lol

Lyndar
10-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Welcome back! I had a similar experience.

Drunken Monkey - increases melee damage: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=22525
Dreamwalkers Synergy - nice kick + debuff that makes FK's land for more while its on the mob
Zan Fi's whistle - boost to melee dmg, worth keeping up as much as possible
Infusion of Thunder - increase skill dmg and add a proc.
StunningKick/EyeGouge/CripplingStrike - stun / debuff / snare. Stunning kick is nice dmg too.
Cloud of Fists - spawn some little pets that hit the mob for a while
Worl of Fists - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=18901

Heel of Brithrax - increased kick damage
Kick Mastery - increased kick damage
Punch Mastery - increased h2h damage
Infusion of Thunder - see above.
Stonefoot - increased kick damage.
Thunderfoot - chance to get an extra high dmg kick.

My advice:
- Get all the +kick aas, and stunning kick.
- Boost zan fi's whistle and its reduced duration. It is impacted by the aa that boosts the duration of clickies as well.

I use Synergy and cloud of fists every time they're up. I also use zan fi's whistle every time it's up.
Tiger claw and fk are unlinked now if you didn't know - so use both.

abstruse+ tunic click, infusion, drunken monkey are for burns imo.

Also if you're planning on soloing/moloing a lot - there's some nice +hp and +ac aas now. I don't know when they came out, but if you don't have hastened mend maxed as much as you can - do that.

Phreaky
10-27-2013, 11:43 PM
Hey Lyndar, long time no see !

Thanks for the info. Any idea on which of these AAs that do +kick dmg give the most dps? I'm looking for bang-for-the-buck type of info.

Nedrom
10-28-2013, 12:56 AM
I logged in a few times now to find no one I know online. What the heck happened to Drinal.

Boo :(

Lyndar
10-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Kick aas - I go by higher req levl = more bang. So heel and stonefoot above kick mastery.

I'm still around Ned but I play pretty casually.

Long time phreaky. Change monk last name?

Lyndar
10-28-2013, 10:12 AM
oh yea. Welcome to argath. Hotzone and shoring up the defenses are decent xp/aa. And get a set of abstruse and bazaar weapons if you haven't:)

Nedrom
10-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Kick aas - I go by higher req levl = more bang. So heel and stonefoot above kick mastery.

I'm still around Ned but I play pretty casually.

Long time phreaky. Change monk last name?

what times are you usually on? I'll try to go on too.

Lyndar
10-28-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm on sometime in the evenings ET between 8 and 11 PM. Sometimes for 30 minutes, sometimes not at all, sometimes for a few hours. I'm currently working my way through hot progression - in T3 working on T4.

Phreaky
10-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the pointers! Yeah I'm Taiqwon Darkhelmet atm lol.

Nedrom
11-27-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm black on Gold as of last night, started hammering out some mobs for 96, just a wee bit over 50% of the way there.

Feels great to be playing again.