PDA

View Full Version : another "thinking of coming back..." post

Shukkex
09-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Title says it.. my work schedule is making a long term change and placing me on a weekend shift. Ill have mon-thurs off and its got me thinking of returning to EQ.

I retired shortly after grinding tower for 100yrs (lol) so thats what my gear is. Its been a while and my memory of EQ is extremely fuzzy... atm trying to remember my pw lol. Im not sure who all is even around anymore that knew/remember me and im not expecting it to go easy or smoothly.

I wont be as 'hardcore' as i once was.. pushing for top rankings and such. Just looking to be competitive enough to join a decent raiding guild that wont mind 2-4 raid nights/week out of me. My magelo is 90% accurate and im wondering... how much work and wonderful grinding will be involved in todays EQ to get to where im looking to be?

If anyone could also give me the monkly/feigned channels.. that would be great also.

Ishtass
09-28-2013, 02:46 PM
welcome back!

Lyndar
09-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Not too hard I'd think. Hot zone quests give a good amount of xp, as do the welcome to argath task and shoring up the defenses. Lvl 92 will be a huge gear boost, as that's when the bazaar-able T1 RoF gear is available (2kish hps each). Also weapons in the 80 dmg range.

I don't know what the raiding reqs are now though, I'd guess lvl 100 / 4kish aa. I'm strictly moloing / occasional groupage nowadays.

Sensei Xarrais Klanklan
10-04-2013, 02:58 AM
I am recently back in game too and I was further back than you...trust me it will be easy to come back I'm still a bit surprised at how much easier exp and getting some pretty nice gear without even raiding has become. Sadly for me my work schedule procludes me from raiding anymore but still having fun.

Nedrom
10-04-2013, 02:17 PM
ooof