PDA

View Full Version : Ability Stacking

Ishtass
09-08-2013, 01:55 AM
I need a favor.

I'm trying to be better about stacking my abilities. I went through, looking up what each skill does, and what slots they fall into. This is a very guessed list so far just from reading alla descriptions. Please let me know where I'm wrong so I can tweak as appropriate. I'm hoping that by mapping out total/partial collisions, I can create a more efficient burn set. Any advice is appreciated as always. Thanks!

Ability Stacking
Ability - Mods - Stack collision
Burn Discs:
Heel of Zagali - Flying Kick Damage, Chance to Hit with Flying Kick -

Quick Time - Quick Time's chance to hit with FK portion is nullified by Heel of Zagali.
Terrorpalm / Eye of the Storm - All Skills Damage, All Skills Minimum Damage -

Infusion of Thunder - IoT's All Skills Damage and All Skills Minimum Damage portions are nullified by Terrorpalm / Eye of the Storm.
Zan Fi's Whistle - ZF's All Skills Damage portion is nullified by Terrorpalm / Eye of the Storm
Speedfocus - HH effect -

Quick Time - QT's HH effect is nullified by SF
War Cry - WC's HH effect is nullified by SF
Ironfist - Innate Damage, Secondary Damage -

Infusion of Thunder - IoT's All Skills Damage portion is nullified by Ironfist.
Zan Fi's Whistle - ZF's All Skills Damage portion is nullified by Ironfist

DPS Enhancement Discs:
Tiger's Balance - Add Tiger Claw proc - None
Drunken Monkey Style - Damage Bonus with Flying Kick, Damage Bonus with Hand To Hand -

Second Spire of the Sensei - The Flying Kick portion of SS is nullified by DMS.
Zan Fi's Whistle - Buff Stacks but Zan Fi completely nullifies DMS.
Dragon War Mask - Buff Stacks but Dragorn War Mask is completely nullified by DMS.

DPS Enhancement AAs:
Second Spire of the Sensei - Damage Bonus with All Skills -

Drunken Monkey Style - DMS overrides portions of SS.
Zan Fi's Whistle - ZF overrides the SS damage bonuses for H2H and FK.
Dragorn War Mask - DWM is completely nullified by SS.
Infusion of Thunder - Add DD Proc, All Skills Minimum Damage, All Skills Damage -

TerrorPalm / EotS - IoT's All Skills Min Damage and Damage is nullified by Terrorpalm / EotS.
Ironfist - IoT's All Skills Damage portion is nullified by Ironfist.
Zan Fi's Whistle - ZF's All Skills Damage portion is nullified by IoT
Zan Fi's Whistle - Damage Bonus with Hand To Hand, Damage Bonus with Flying Kick, All Skills Damage -

Terrorpalm - ZF's All Skills Damage portion is nullified by Terrorpalm / EotS
Ironfist - ZF's All Skills Damage portion is nullified by Ironfist
Drunken Monkey Style - Buff Stacks but Zan Fi completely nullifies DMS.
Second Spire of the Sensei - ZF overrides the SS damage bonuses for H2H and FK.
Infusion of Thunder - ZF's All Skills Damage portion is nullified by IoT
Two-Finger Wasp Touch - Skill Damage Taken (Tiger Claw) - None

Clickable:
Six Spirits Fist Technique - Add Proc Flying Kick, Add Proc DD - None
Dragorn War Mask - Damage Bonus with Hand To Hand -

Drunken Monkey Style - Buff Stacks but Dragorn War Mask is completely nullified by DMS.
Second Spire of the Sensei - DWM is completely nullified by SS.

tanecho
09-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Ironfist doesn't have an all skills damage portion that is nullified by infusion of thunder. While ironfist is up, infusion of thunder will not further modify your maximum damage on kicks/strikes, but it will modify your minimum, and the max/min on your non-kick/strikes.

I believe the second spire buff stacks with everything we have available to us. Zan fi is an explicit h2h/1hb/2hb bonus, whereas second spire is a all skills damage bonus.

tanecho
09-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Taking into account only our self only buffs, here's what I had for the lines.

1: Hundredhand effects: Speed Focus, Fists of Steel
2: % max/min Damage increases: XXXpalm, Infusion of Thunder, Eye of the Storm
3: Special Damage % Increases: Ironfist/Thunderkick
4: Flying Kick timer change: Heel of XXX
5: + melee damage type 1: Second Spire
6: + melee damage type 2: Eye of the Storm
7: + h2h / 1hb / 2hb damage: DMS, Zan Fi
8: Flying kick damage bonus: Zan Fi, DMS FK boost
9: Strike Proc effects: XXX's Balance

Ishtass
09-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Awesome, thanks for sharing

Zarie
09-13-2013, 01:40 AM
Thank you for putting this information out there Ishtass & Tanecho, gave me a lot more info than I had, plus clarified many things.
I also want to thank all of you for keeping up MB.
Bodi would be proud as to how many monks and other characters have learned/read from this link, see you all in game:)
Zarie
Originally Rodcet Nife , merge with Quellious and then Povar.

PS How is the family Nedrom??

Xosa
09-13-2013, 01:06 PM
If DMS doesn't stack with ZF, and ZF appears to be better, and I have ZF up almost all the time, then what is the point of DMS except for the brief lil special attack boost thingy?

Only use Infusion of Thunder with Heel or SF? Is that right?

I like the KISS theory... so would this be a good general guideline?

- Keep ZF greyed out at all times since you can basically keep it up indefinitely
- Use Destructive Force (DF) whenever you feel fit, preferably during a Terror or SF run

1) Terror + SS + (DF) when overhaste is running... WarCry, QuickTime, whatever the beastlord overhaste is
2) Heel or SF + IoT + (DF)
3) Whatever's left

Is this about right?

[EDIT]
Found Gorkeyah's post in DPS thread, it's a little more in-depth, but mostly aligns:

1) Heel disc (maybe terror first if beast used HH thing, then use Heel next instead if so)
2) Terrorplam -or whenever beast HH thing is used, or you have a fists proc (possibly destructive force and crane here)
3) Eye of storm here if adps is available to run while they refresh (i.e. bard/shaman clicks)
4) Speedfocus/IoT/2nd spire (possibly tunic click) when adps goes off again
5) Ironfist and maybe tunic click (tunic click ending proc here would be good)
6) 7th vet if not already used with heel or ironfist

Gorkeyah
09-13-2013, 03:01 PM
There is some time when zf has faded but not refreshed yet, so you could use DM then. In any case, I have changed my keybinding to spam VS now instead of DM and generally don't bother with DM.

Also, some casual parsing suggests that ironfist is at least on a par, and maybe better, than speedfocus/infusion, though I still tend to save ironfist for the right occasion because of the longer timer. Note that my casual parse wasn't very long and lacked adps.

Zenshiss
10-25-2013, 12:36 PM
I've learned a lot from this site over the years, and wanted to give back--so here's a visual chart I built of "standard" ADPS effects normally present in a raid dps group. It's definitely not perfect, but I used Lucy and my understanding of stacking rules to try to determine the overall net effects of ADPS, so I could then build out optimized burn orders.

Please do point out any errors, or things I've missed!

Note that the board doesn't seem to allow resizing with standard bbcode, so the images are big. If any mods can get them smaller please don't hesitate.

Legend:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38641684/ADPS_Legend.png

Effects Chart (First Draft)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38641684/Hard_Burn.png