PDA

View Full Version : Worth Tring to come back?

Mosenrath
08-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Hmmm.... Kinda been gone along while I was considering to come back a bit.

I was lvl 75 at time time monk/shman double box most times. I was near the top of the game gear wise and had around 2k aa's each for them. I don't have the time anymore to do raiding but I liked playing around solo with those 2 anyway.
I'm just seeing now how far the game has gone ....

10's of thousands of aa's now are they easier to get now or what. Back when I was playing the 2k I had was always almost shocking how I had played enough to get that many

I know i Have seen a few of these threads here already but not really one for being as far back as I am now. I'll probly be back for the nostalga factor alone and probly check out EQnext too

Ishtass
08-09-2013, 10:44 AM
The max for monk AA is just under 9k. They are also a lot easier to get than they once were. Until about 4k AA you get an exp bonus towards AA (declining the closer to 4k you get). Also just in general while experiencing, they come way faster. There's also daily tasks you can do which give nice AA bonuses etc. Not too hard to catch up at all.

Nedrom
08-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Hmmm.... Kinda been gone along while I was considering to come back a bit.

I was lvl 75 at time time monk/shman double box most times. I was near the top of the game gear wise and had around 2k aa's each for them. I don't have the time anymore to do raiding but I liked playing around solo with those 2 anyway.
I'm just seeing now how far the game has gone ....

10's of thousands of aa's now are they easier to get now or what. Back when I was playing the 2k I had was always almost shocking how I had played enough to get that many

I know i Have seen a few of these threads here already but not really one for being as far back as I am now. I'll probly be back for the nostalga factor alone and probly check out EQnext too

I'm an ace when it comes to 'coming back'

Be prepared if you don't know anyone, you'll have to struggle with leveling up on your own with a mercenary.

Most folks these days don't group, especially at those lower levels and they usually just box their own toons with mercs and don't want anyone else in the game.

While mercs have been great toys in the game, it has nearly killed the social aspect of the game.

I'm talking from a casual perspective here, even after being in a couple family based type casual guilds over the last couple years trying to play catch up.

DabrixMGP
08-09-2013, 01:54 PM
the only groups around seem to be within guilds. But mosts servers seem to have some larger "family" type guilds with lots of members so finding a group shouldnt be that bad.

wow just noticed i registered back in 2002. this place was around then?

Lyndar
08-09-2013, 06:43 PM
I came back and am enjoying it. There's a lot of content to go through(I quit at 80/1k in raid gear at the time). As Ned mentioned, mercs have made grouping more optional than necessary. On the bright side, with mercs your duo is now 4 - can add a tank and a cleric to your combo, and what you can handle will jump up quite a bit. I'm working towards that same goal now.

Abstruse armor at lvl 80 will skyrocket all your stats. At 92, fear touched will do something similar. There are also really nice droppable weapons at around lvl 80 and 92 as well that will blow yours away.

Kaliaila
08-10-2013, 03:41 AM
the only groups around seem to be within guilds. But mosts servers seem to have some larger "family" type guilds with lots of members so finding a group shouldnt be that bad.

wow just noticed i registered back in 2002. this place was around then?
Yeah, I am really tempted to start calling them grouping guilds as opposed to family; that way you can keep family as being used to describe the expected behavior type.

As for the registered date, Len (and whoever else was involved) was (were) able to import all of those things from the other forum when he created this one.

Mosenrath
08-10-2013, 07:56 AM
I actually had a guild that I had leader status of on my main account. It was an old guild I used to have my alts in as well as some friends in main guilds alts. Havn't logged in for around 6 years now. Just getting settled back in no internet at home till next week sometime. Downloading EQ now from free wifi spots 9 gigs takes a bit of time.

I remeber in the old days they used to do the occasional guild purges if there were no longer any active members. Along time ago we had it set up so we had 3 guild leader status there was at least one still around when I left it might still be there. I'll find out soon I guess

Merc's didn't exsist when I was in I have seen a few refer to it here guessing you can basically hire NPC now to fight with ?

Really for groups I never did them much anyway I was almost always double boxing shaman and occasionally a friend or 2 would ask to come with me. The last year and a half I finally joined a raiding guild. (That I see still exsists) Raid at night and duo with shaman most of the day.

As for people in game I know... browsing through the magelo's that are still active, there are still alot still when I quit it was pretty abrupt due to some IRL problems that are all over now. I'm fairly sure they will remeber me, but don't really want to talk about the bad times anymore. There are still some here I remeber this isn't my main Monkly business account. I'm still a bit worried about getting floods of tells asking OMG where did you go what happened etc. when II log in again. Lots of good memories from everquest days I wish I never had to go in the firstplace or I had the time to play like I used too.

Lyndar
08-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Mercs are like non-aggro pets that you can pull out of a hat or suspend. When active they cost you some plat per 15 minutes (not that much). There is a cleric merc (complete with rez), wizzy, tank, rogue. They're pretty good - not as good as an equivalent player, but pretty solid.

Mosenrath
08-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Mercs are like non-aggro pets that you can pull out of a hat or suspend. When active they cost you some plat per 15 minutes (not that much). There is a cleric merc (complete with rez), wizzy, tank, rogue. They're pretty good - not as good as an equivalent player, but pretty solid.

Man that is kinda weird I spent a bunch of time back in the day to get a cleric alt leveled up to 51 to do the epic 1.0 quest twice to have a rez bot on shaman and monk accounts. Had an alt at the zord spawn spot for weeks to check every so often. But anyway always fun killing dragons.

Makes sense though I remeber them (SoE people) back in the old days about tring to put some more plat sinks into the game since really by the end most of the stuff isn't tradeable.

Sensei Xarrais Klanklan
08-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Mosenrath = me

Still downloading. No home internet till sometime next week trying to find a better free wifi to get it faster hehe. Most places seem to be throttled back a bit some are better than others 6 gigs down will get some more tommorrow I guess.

Kaliaila
08-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Welcome back!

I am sure that a lot of places with free wifi don't necessarily throttle it back but if they have a lot of people using it there just isn't as much bandwidth left to make large downloads go fast. At the same time they may have measures set up so that if one address is sucking up a lot of their bandwidth that it will be throttled at that point.

Merc's originally were a much bigger up front plat sink. Originally you could only have 1 "hired" at a time and at the level cap it cost like 10k to hire (less the lower level you were; free at the lowest levels); eventually they added a way to buy extra Merc slots via the Marketplace and at that time they dropped the hire price to about the same as the upkeep price (now it is around like 100pp to hire and 100pp/15 min after that) because people were really mad because when the merc slots were announced they were spun in a way that made people think they would be an expansion feature which they were not. They also eventually added a couple of ways (TS oriented quest [req 300 in all TSs] & an achievement of beating everything in the group half of VoA) to get extra merc slots via ingame quests/achievements.

Achievements are pretty much the same general thing as in other games with them; you have a list of things you have to get, find, or accomplish then once that is done you receive the Achievement and any rewards associated with it.

Stonescales
08-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Welcome back, What server?

Sensei Xarrais Klanklan
08-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Welcome back, What server?

Xegony

I saw some stuff on that achievement thing I think I probly will have some of them I had most of the trade skills maxed or near maxed ... except blacksmithing I think.

Erutixx
08-12-2013, 06:56 PM
I have had fun on test no monthly fee, all unlocked and double xp.
Not a real raid guild which is a shame but correctable.

Sensei Xarrais Klanklan
08-20-2013, 12:21 PM
Back in now... Noticed money is weightless that was always annoying.

I could be wrong but it seems some aa's are missing. 1787 assigned but 2553 spent. I did do some spending on the expendables but I though maybe 100~200 tops. I could be wrong it has been along time

I see the aa system is a bit diff now cosolidating all the names i was maxed out up to the buried sea expansion i thought the maxed spent non expemndables for monks was about 2200 spent.

Not a big deal I guess and I could be wrong

Ishtass
08-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Hmm, I haven't noticed anything like that personally. I do think the counts are -slightly- off after doing some auto-granted AA (extended target I think), but the counts should only be off by like 10-20 max iirc.

Usually spent > assigned means you used some expendable AA.

Zarie
08-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Welcome back to Xarrais and Mosenrath.
Enjoy Evercrack!! hehe

Zarie
Created on Rodcet Nife, merge with Quellious and second merge with Povar.

Sensei Xarrais Klanklan
08-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Jeez looking around is kinda crazy now seeing they added alot more rideable animals around every 5 seconds I see something fly by on something else ( there were like 3 rideable things when I left). I do see the aa bonus is nuts too I get like 20% of an aa for killing a light blue used to be less than 1 % for that.

Seeing all the new item tags and bigger than 10 slot bags (big thing really I spent so much time farming Cazic thule for the supplises to make the Tae Ew Sacks ultamate monk bags hehe), lots to take in all at once hehe. All kinds of stuff I used to know every single detail about almost everything in game when I left now all so different.

Xosa
08-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Xarrais, good to see ya, buddy!