PDA

View Full Version : Discipline Timers

Ishtass
06-12-2013, 10:59 AM
This is our discipline timer chart with the SoF release.

0: Disciple's Aura / Master's Aura / Fists of Wu

1: Stonestance / Whirlwind / Voiddance / Earthwalk / Impenetrable / Earthforce

2: Innerflame / Hundred Fists / Crystalpalm / Diamondpalm / Terrorpalm

3 Thunderkick / Silentfist / Ashenhand / Scaledfist / Ironfist

4: Focused Will / Resistant / Fearless / Planeswalk / Healing Will / Dreamwalk / Moment of Calm / Moment of Tranquility / Moment of Placidity / Five Breaths / Six Breaths / Seven Breaths

5: Rapid Kick / Heel of Kanji / Heel of Kai / Heel of Kojai / Heel of Zagali

6: Counterforce / Echo of Misdirection / Echo of Deception / Echo of Distraction / Echo of Confusion / Echo of Obfuscation / Echo of Prevarication

7: Delay Death / Defer Death / Deny Death / Decry Death / Forestall Death / Protection of the Shadewalker

8: Throw Stone / Elbow Strike / Phantom Zephyr / Phantom Wind / Phantom Echo / Leopard Claw / Phantom Call / Phantom Shadow / Ancient: Phantom Chaos / Phantom Cry / Dragon Fang / Phantom Silhouette / Clawstriker's Flurry / Shimmering Silhouette / Wheel of Fists / Calanin's Synergy / Phantom Apparition / Whorl of Fists / Dreamwalker's Syngery / Phantasmal Apparition / Six-Step Pattern / Veilwalker's Synergy / Veiled Apparition / Seven-Step Pattern / Shaded Apparition / Eight-Step Pattern / Shadewalker's Synergy

9: Flinch / Intercepting Fist / Void Step / Shaded Step / Eye of the Storm

10: Speed Focus

11: Punch Through / Jab Through / Void Body / Veiled Body /

12: Second Wind / Third Wind / Forth Wind / Respite / Fifth Wind / Reprieve / Sixth Wind / Seventh Wind / Rest

13: Astral Projection / Chrono Projection / Inner Rejuvenation / Crane Stance

14: Vigorous Shuriken / Drunken Monkey Style

15: Tiger's Balance / Eagle's Balance

16: Cloud of Fists / Zalikor's Fang

17: Swift Reflexes

Stolen from Qulas, a few changes on test.

- Monk - Moved the Phantom Zephyr line of mesmerization abilities from timer 8 to timer 9 so it interacts with fewer abilities.
- Monk - Moved Void Step, Shaded Step, and Eye of the Storm from timer 9 to timer 17 so that only 30-second abilities are left on timer 9.
- Monk - Moved Astral Projection and Chrono Projection from timer 13 to timer 18.

Would be nice to have a timer list stickied/maintained somewhere. Took me awhile to find his post.

Ishtass
06-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Anyone have feedback about Eye of the Storm being on the same timer as Swift Reflexes? How about projection getting the new timer? Do people actually use it enough to warrant that?

Qulas
06-12-2013, 01:24 PM
This used to be sticky'd, not sure why it isn't anymore. I will make a new thread with my updated spreadsheet.

Ishtass
06-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Perfect, thanks

cellic
06-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Hm well... rest in peace Eye of Storm I guess. Not like it did much but still... guess it can still be used on some encounters. Though I can't really think of one right this moment I'm sure there is one or two I'm forgetting.

Ishtass
06-12-2013, 02:51 PM
I use it a lot while experiencing. I guess the thought is that you only need Eye outside of raid and Swift Reflexes while in a raid. I can't speak on whether or not Eye is ever needed during raid. I assume it shows up after Heel, Terror, Speedfocus, and Ironfist. And that's if Ironfist is even used besides cheesing a parse.

sojuu
06-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Im not sure I like the eye of the storm move. They need to leave it alone.

Ishtass
06-12-2013, 05:09 PM
It had to move if they were moving the phantom lines to the timer eye was on, but I'd have rather seen eye move to the new timer than the projection line...

Rasputyn
06-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Eye seems fine on the new timer. Not ideal, but we knew timer space was limited and stuff will always overlap.

And Eye gets used all the time on raids. If you're not using it, start hitting it between shaman epic clicks during trash/grind stages to boost your sustained/combined damage.

Ishtass
06-12-2013, 05:15 PM
I'm not really complaining, having phantom split from synergy was a big win imo, but when we DO have an extra timer, would you rather have projection or eye on it?

We just got a new timer 18, and they put projection on it.

Rasputyn
06-12-2013, 05:28 PM
What I want personally for disc timers isn't really relevant. We know who handles them and we know he has a certain level of competency. This change did in fact address a couple things people have been complaining about for years.

It wasn't perfect before, it isn't perfect now and it won't be perfect in the future.

Mris
06-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Projection could really have gone on timer 9 with little issue. (Or timer 0?) And have Eye on 18. (Personally, Swift Reflexes isn't something I use, so not a big issue for me. All good changes.)

Ishtass
06-12-2013, 05:33 PM
It's called feedback Ras, it's important.

Rasputyn
06-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Well, of course we'd prefer Eye to be on its own timer, that gives us slightly more power. It's pretty clear Aristo thinks Eye/Shaded Step need to share a timer. I'd also like to split off old versions of Heel so we can chain Heel/Heel/Heel on burns.

In the realm of things we have a reasonable argument for, I'd really like to see Eagle's Balance get turned into an actual upgrade from Tiger's Balance. Right now it's just a trap for people who don't expect new discs to be worse than old discs.

sojuu
06-12-2013, 06:20 PM
why not move eye to timer 4?

Ishtass
06-12-2013, 06:41 PM
why not move eye to timer 4?

Seems reasonable also. I only suggested 18 since it was new and who cares about projection heh.

Archus
06-12-2013, 06:46 PM
How about Swift Reflexes to 11? Swift Reflexes is raid used and the Veiled Body line is more group-ish. I don't think I've ever used it, in fact. From a dps perspective, I'd rather gimp the Jab Through line, than Eye of the Storm.

Rasputyn
06-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Send PMs to Aristo. I think we still have no monk CRT or whatever, so just go to the source.

Good luck!

sojuu
06-13-2013, 12:15 AM
I sent a PM asking to have eye moved to timer 4 or to have swift reflexes moved to 11. So hopefully we can salvage eye of the storm in this.

Kaliaila
06-13-2013, 03:00 AM
It seems to me they are at least somewhat trying to make things a big more logical and useable. I know it always was annoying for me when I would want to go and use one of the Projections and not be able to because of the long reuse of Crane Stance.

That said I think that they could and maybe even should have moved the Projection line to timer 0. I really don't see the Projection use conflicting with the use of any of those and that way pretty much all the items on timer 0 would have immediate reuse once it is not being used. That way if you move the Projections from 18 to 0 you then could move Void Step, Shaded Step, and Eye of the Storm from 17 to 18.

newkainn
06-13-2013, 11:35 AM
and they didn't even take monkey off the shuriken timer . what a pain. what is with soe and screwing up our pull tools?

Yyevil
06-13-2013, 12:18 PM
and they didn't even take monkey off the shuriken timer . what a pain. what is with soe and screwing up our pull tools?

Why are you using Shuriken to pull anyway? When old BP dispell and Distant Strike are all that you need and with no END cost.

Ughbash
06-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Why are you using Shuriken to pull anyway? When old BP dispell and Distant Strike are all that you need and with no END cost.

I agree with you about not needing Shuriken for pulling.... But damnit yo left out MM as a pull tool :)

Nedrom
06-13-2013, 03:55 PM
/shissar fangs

Yyevil
06-14-2013, 03:34 PM
I agree with you about not needing Shuriken for pulling.... But damnit yo left out MM as a pull tool :)

One of my favorites, but not for every situation - like low ceilings - love MM for pulling.

Vothsisx
06-19-2013, 08:02 PM
What is this Mickey Mouse shit? HEADS WILL ROLL FOR THE SCREWING OF MY EYE OF THE STORM.

Archus
06-19-2013, 08:07 PM
I sent a PM asking to have eye moved to timer 4 or to have swift reflexes moved to 11. So hopefully we can salvage eye of the storm in this.

Any reply to this? The patch went in as Qulas posted. Any word on if it was too late to change before patch or if he just doesn't care that we'll lose the ability to use Eye if we want to have Swift Reflexes up?

Ishtass
06-19-2013, 09:33 PM
There's been no dev response in the forum. Anyone that has PMed has either not gotten a response or not shared it with us.

Kelefane
06-20-2013, 05:09 AM
The only dev that seems to respond to PMs is Elidroth.......sadly.

Aristo is terrible at communication and implementation. Terrible.

Nedrom
06-20-2013, 09:32 AM
What is this Mickey Mouse shit? HEADS WILL ROLL FOR THE SCREWING OF MY EYE OF THE STORM.

Honestly, what did you expect? 'unintentional' nerfs

sojuu
06-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Any reply to this? The patch went in as Qulas posted. Any word on if it was too late to change before patch or if he just doesn't care that we'll lose the ability to use Eye if we want to have Swift Reflexes up?

No reply yet

sojuu
06-23-2013, 11:20 AM
The only dev that seems to respond to PMs is Elidroth.......sadly.

Aristo is terrible at communication and implementation. Terrible.

I also send my PMs to piestro and chandrok they are much better about responding. I really only send it to aristo as a curtosy but don't expect anything back from him. I do put the message to all 3 at once so it is also seen that I made the attempt to ask aristo about it.