PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Suggestions

Lyndar
06-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Hi all,

I recently came back to the game and am gradually leveling up a shaman to pair with the monk. I just started considering a 3rd box for occasional use - either a /melody bard or a druid for ports and assorted other utility. I'm not in any particular hurry - I don't have the time to raid so there's no shiny pot of loot at the end of the leveling rainbow. Monk is 87 with about 1.5k aa wearing abstruse T1/T2 atm, 60ish dmg 1handers. Seems to be doing 3-4k dps (magelo is out of date).

In light of this I have a few questions.

1) Assuming bazaar gear, how far can a monk tank go? (Or should I just get a J5 merc and stop trying)
2) What do you all feel is the best choice for a 3rd box? I'm torn between druid easy transport and bard auto-melee-buffs atm. Assume that for the moment it'll be limited to Silver.
3) Any suggestions for power-leveling strategies for the third box? I leveled the shaman to 50ish using J1 merc, but I don't want to pay for a third gold account. I could always beat down and feign or play nursemaid with the shaman.

Ughbash
06-10-2013, 09:21 AM
1) Assuming bazaar gear get a T5 Journeyman merc.

2) Mage is good for fire and forget with pet. Ranger is good for af and track. You loose the ports you woudl get with a druid but those would be my first and second choices. If you are primarily concerned about xp then go ranger and get it up to headshottting level and use it to plevel your monk and shaman.

3) Has been way to long since I leveled a toon sorry.

Patife
08-02-2013, 01:34 AM
Hi all,
1) Assuming bazaar gear, how far can a monk tank go? (Or should I just get a J5 merc and stop trying)
2) What do you all feel is the best choice for a 3rd box? I'm torn between druid easy transport and bard auto-melee-buffs atm. Assume that for the moment it'll be limited to Silver.
3) Any suggestions for power-leveling strategies for the third box? I leveled the shaman to 50ish using J1 merc, but I don't want to pay for a third gold account. I could always beat down and feign or play nursemaid with the shaman.

1) Get the T5
2) Druid for taxi, soe, combat revives, extra healer, moderate dps from dots and nukes. Also AA debuff.
3) DS pots and AoE. Unless you have a higher Level to help you.

Ishtass
08-02-2013, 02:14 PM
If you already have a shaman, I wouldn't bother with a druid. IMO, bards are a bit harder to box effectively (they can help while doing nothing but they won't pull their weight imo). I think a class that is highly underestimated is enchanters. Their CC is incredible (some fights/mobs have leashed stuff so splitting isn't an option all the time), plus they can pretty much stun lock the mob you're fighting. Really opens up the areas you can handle for a solo box team.

Lyndar
08-23-2013, 09:43 AM
on a related note - with j5 tank and cleric, how far could I get in rof? Assuming fear touched to start.

Ishtass
08-23-2013, 10:18 AM
So monk + shaman + J5 tank + J5 cleric? Or did you have a third box (in which case you could also add in a J5 dps)?

Gear and AA will definitely play a role in how far you can go. If you got group/baz gear and lots of AA, you could probably end up doing a large portion of the group content. There will be a few things you probably can't do, and there's a few named that are meant for 2 groups, but you can definitely break into it. That's pretty vague I know, but you can do some RoF for sure.