PDA

View Full Version : Itemization mods

Vanni
05-31-2013, 12:46 AM
I think we need some itemization tweaks on our class specific gear. Maybe the devs have thought of this, but with the new changes to our wu chains +kick mods are completely worthless to us. Now we'll never fire a kick unless we purposely trigger an attack that has not only been obsolete since the 20's, but is inferior in every way to flying kick.

Twilight Boots of the Unwavering: +9 Kick
Twilight Leggings of the Unwavering: +9 Kick
Twilight Wristguard of the Unwavering: +8 Kick (x 2)

That's 34 to plus kick on our class specific gear that is completely pointless. It was essentially pointless before, but now we can undoubtedly point this out to the devs as worthless. I would be happy to have them all changed to flying kick, or alternatively a new mod for tiger claw.

Nedrom
05-31-2013, 10:10 AM
Good idea! Why don't you PM Chandrok on EQLive forums with this feedback?

Kaliaila
06-01-2013, 02:17 PM
In another thread here or maybe it was in beta, I made a suggestion that would probably require some code tweaking and changes to several items which currently have +Flying Kick on them. My suggestion was to change +Flying Kick to + Strike, and then to make it so that +Strike works on all of our strikes while +Kick works on all of our kicks regardless of the name. For those wondering why I change +Flying Kick to +Strike, it is because multiple classes make use of +Kick mods but only we make use of the +Flying Kick mod. Any item with multiple classes on it and +Flying Kick on it would change to +Strike, while any item with multiple classes on it and +Kick would remain +Kick; the monk only items would be changed depending on how easily the Dev's want each to be to obtain max of each.

The above changes would provide us with even better use of the mods as there would be one which affects Tiger Claw (a strike) and one which affects Flying Kick (a kick).

I also suggested that they split all of our special attacks by strike and kick: kick, round kick, and flying kick on one timer; and tiger claw, eagle claw, and dragon punch on a separate timer.

Rten
06-02-2013, 11:02 AM
In this same line of logic, I keep hoping that our Trade skill based armor would have a +FK mod added. It is one of my biggest frustrations that Void access is the only way for me add to this mod besides the very limited non visible selections.

tanecho
06-02-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm fairly sure I requested in beta for all our of our kick mods to be replaced with tiger claw.

They also need to add FK/tiger claw to more accessories. Barring that, at least put it on ALL belts, and not just the monk/ranger one, so we can truly have the options they're claiming to give us now.

Ughbash
06-03-2013, 09:40 AM
NO real reason to get as convoluted as the "Strike" "Kick" added. With the change to the way WU's works, there is now no reason for anythign other then "Flying Kick" and "Tiger Strike". At least unless they decide to unlock more of our skills.

Since they had to change cleave and drop kick from it to add 2hp I suspect there are limits to what they can put on it which means we MAY be SoL with getting a "Tiger Strike" mod.

Much as we would like it they can't really change all the Kick ones to "Tiger Strike" as there are a lot more classes who can get benefit from Kick then from Tiger Strike.

If they have room to put another mod type out there though I would love for it to be Tiger Strike.

Ishtass
06-03-2013, 11:28 AM
I agree with Ugh

tanecho
06-03-2013, 04:48 PM
There is no downside to changing our class armor from kick to fk or tiger claw for anyone playing to max potential.

Archus
06-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Since the raid armor has +FK in those slots, the group armor should also. I'm pretty sure this is a mistake by the item dev. If you PM him, he should be able to change it to +FK pretty easily. One or two expansions ago, I found a similar problem where wrists were giving +Meditate or something instead of +FK. I PM'd the item dev at the time and was told that the numbers were put in the wrong box. The change was made for the following patch. This should be no different.

Kaliaila
06-04-2013, 02:46 AM
Changing them from Flying Kick and Kick to a generic Kick (for all of our and other classes Kicks) and a generic Strike (for all of our strikes) is not convoluted; it is forward thinking.

The Generic Kick would likely result in our actually having access to more mods which will work on our Flying Kick than we currently do without the Dev's having to sort through all of the items with +Kick that we can use and decide if it should stay or change.
The Generic Strike will give a bonus to all of our strikes if the Dev's decide to move all strikes to a separate timer at some later date and offer new AAs or bonuses which affect other strikes.

On Monk Only items they can change the +Kick to +Strike, Monk Only +Flying Kick would change to +Kick, and on the multiple class items they can change the +Flying Kick to +Strike. Doing these changes in this order should mostly keep the status quo; at worst we end up with more of the new +Kick mod than is usually needed and maybe a little low on the +Strike.

I honestly do not see the Dev's doing any other kind of change. I really don't see them creating another + special dmg mod just for us when we already have one. What I expect they would do is simply leave +Kick as it is and just stop adding it to any of the monk only items.

As far as the Dev's having dropped Kick from Cleave to make room for 2hp, they announced during Beta that they were already working on a fix to remove that limitation so that they could re-add Kick and add other bonuses as they feel is needed.

Archus
06-04-2013, 02:27 PM
As far as the Dev's having dropped Kick from Cleave to make room for 2hp, they announced during Beta that they were already working on a fix to remove that limitation so that they could re-add Kick and add other bonuses as they feel is needed.

They announce a lot of changes that never end up getting implemented. I wouldn't say its a done deal that more slots will be re-added to Cleave though I'm not saying it won't happen either. Maybe it will happen at the same time they grant those rewards we were supposed to get for being keyed for zones they subsequently open up as expansions come out...