PDA

View Full Version : Chalandria's Fang is back as LoN free scenario reward

Archus
05-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Not sure how long its been the reward or how much longer it will be the reward, but those of you haven't had a chance to get it or have it on your monk but have another melee alt can get it now. The scenario is pretty easy to beat with any deck. The click summons one Spider Bite poison potion per day and the level of the poison summoned goes up as you level. Free dps yay!

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=43987

Rasputyn
05-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the tip, solid item. Well worth doing for anyone that doesn't have it.

Yyevil
05-09-2013, 06:43 PM
I have never done anything in LON except trade for loot cards. Does nayone have a LON card game explanation for dummies? is there a tutorial?

Archus
05-09-2013, 08:11 PM
I have never done anything in LON except trade for loot cards. Does nayone have a LON card game explanation for dummies? is there a tutorial?

There's a tutorial and likely some pre-made decks for you. This scenario really isn't too hard to beat. Well worth a small time investment if you don't have it.

Nedrom
05-10-2013, 12:03 PM
I don't get LoN, I have over 5000 cards and I never get free items. I think I'm missing something.

Ishtass
05-10-2013, 12:51 PM
I really need to learn how to play that game, looks somewhat fun and I feel like I'm missing out on too many goodies. Maybe that'll be a project this weekend, assuming I don't crash trying to open the game.

Gorkeyah
05-10-2013, 01:18 PM
I don't get LoN, I have over 5000 cards and I never get free items. I think I'm missing something.

When you open a pack, you might get a claimable item, but you have to go back into the right part of your collection to look for them. Then you open one of the items and it is added to your characters claim list to retrieve in EQ.

Ishtass
05-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Any other items of note (maybe not freebies) that we can get from LoN (not just opening packs) that I should be aware of? Thanks

Nedrom
05-10-2013, 02:08 PM
When you open a pack, you might get a claimable item, but you have to go back into the right part of your collection to look for them. Then you open one of the items and it is added to your characters claim list to retrieve in EQ.

step by step guide please?

Gorkeyah
05-10-2013, 03:13 PM
step by step guide please?

You said you have 5000 cards, so I assume you've been openning the free packs you've been getting. Usually you would get say 5 free ones. You click on it and select what card set you want and what game for loot cards (eq, or eq2). That leads to a pack from a particular card set, which you then open and you get a bunch of cards for your collection as well as possibly a free loot card(s) Have you been doing this much at least?

Celephane
05-10-2013, 03:18 PM
I really need to learn how to play that game, looks somewhat fun and I feel like I'm missing out on too many goodies. Maybe that'll be a project this weekend, assuming I don't crash trying to open the game.

There is a stand alone client you can download, it lets you open LoN without being logged on in EQ or even if you are, it shouldn't crash you.

Gorkeyah
05-10-2013, 03:38 PM
There is a stand alone client you can download, it lets you open LoN without being logged on in EQ or even if you are, it shouldn't crash you.

Yeah I always crash trying to use the ingame link to LoN.

Rasputyn
05-10-2013, 04:38 PM
You can try opening LoN right when you log in, before you zone or do anything else. This will usually prevent the crashing.

Whispering Wind
05-10-2013, 05:05 PM
yeah, i used to play LoN for the scenario rewards and free stuff. ONLY used the stand alone to play it then used EQ to claim the rewards. got stuck at the portal of war fighting ogres and portal. couldnt figure that out for a long time. Might go back and try it again.

havent played EQ much since then and stopped playing before the time EQ went f2p. I miss playing my monk though as no other games captured interest like eq. From what i understand my gear & weapons are probably prestige nothing raid-wise but just group stuff really.

Yyevil
05-11-2013, 10:18 AM
yeah, i used to play LoN for the scenario rewards and free stuff. ONLY used the stand alone to play it then used EQ to claim the rewards. got stuck at the portal of war fighting ogres and portal. couldnt figure that out for a long time. Might go back and try it again.

havent played EQ much since then and stopped playing before the time EQ went f2p. I miss playing my monk though as no other games captured interest like eq. From what i understand my gear & weapons are probably prestige nothing raid-wise but just group stuff really.

And monks are much more viable now, since we got our DPS boost. You'll enjoy it more. :)

Yyevil
05-11-2013, 03:28 PM
I need some general LON tactic hints. I SUCK at this game. Took me 4 tries just to beat the tutorial. Really could use some general advice plz. Tried the Spider Queen and she just lays me to waste.

Whispering Wind
05-11-2013, 05:26 PM
theres 2 ways to win as you know...
1st to claim 4 quests or kill the opposing avatar

there are some tutorials like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ke2JKdNJz4 i havent really used them but you should know that general tactics are there & also the boards of LoN have tons of info.

knowing your decks also help out alot. just use diferent decks if you are having trouble. (this is where your free packs come into play) dont settle for getting free cards of certain sets try to get multiple decks so you can use them in the scenarios. Certain scenarios limit your decks to starters or other special decks. You can learn to use them from that particular scnario. I have tried to get certain loot cards from a particular free packs set and it kinda limited my decks of a 400+ card collection.

killing the opposing avatar can be done with dmg shield and HIGH Attacks. generally the bigger hps the other avatar has the better chances of it being killed. the smaller & more hps it have would require unlocking/claim quests. Your chances to kill the other avatar is better with dmg shields of 2 or more & +ATK cards. It will take a couple rounds to muster up these things though & while you are doing that you probably need to sacrifice some cards. If you have the hps you can actually use the agression of the opposing avatar to dmg itself with your dmg shields.

usually the 4 quests to claim is easier, quickest way.
this is done by using quest cards. the faster you "equip" and use them before each turn the better. This doesnt work as much as you progress through as you would need to learn to balance your cards to defend and take damage. You want to fortify your defenses with cards 3+ hearts and 3+ shields for card damage and defense.

If you find yourself getting killed a bunch throw out the cards with some hps to take the damage for you. they are expendable so use them so that you can finish claiming 4 quests.

Archus
05-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Questing is the easiest way to win the free scenarios for the most part and this scenario in particular. Make a custom avatar - Erudin - with the power - When you complete a quest, destroy all units at that quest. Make atk = 1, def = 2, health = 9. This avatar kills all units at any quest you complete. Since you should complete quests quickly without units of your own, this is very useful and neutralizes large masses of units.

Any class is good, but I like to use a Scout / Light deck.

Quests - Choose quests that somehow penalize units or attacking avatars (though this specific avatar doesn't attack) OR quests that benefit questers. Unrivaled Challenge, Find the Frozen Crystal, Sword-Crossed Lovers, and Unravel the Plot are some examples. If you don't have any of these don't sweat it. Just pick 4 quests that don't overly help unit based decks and you'll be fine.

Draw Deck - Make it as small as possible 50-55 cards max.

Abilities - You want these to be the bulk of your deck 28-30 cards. You want every 2 cost, 2-3 level abilities as you can get. If they have defensive capabilities or benefit questers, even better. Jump Back, Forge Ahead, Lucky Break, Bladeweaver, and Ravenscale are some examples. If you have to pick some 3 cost abilities, make sure they have some very beneficial power such as Rousing Tune, Snap of the Wrist, Smokescreen, Daring Advance, Deriding Chicanery, or Energizing Harmony. Any 2 cost, 2 level ability is good as long as its text does not force you to engage in avatar combat.

Tactics - You want a good many of these as they will help defend you 12-15 cards. You want ones that boost your attack or defense but don't cost much like Punch, Pierce, Sidestep, Swift Blade, and Honed Reflexes. You also want tactics that exert your opponents like Outwit and Uncanny Reflexes (one of my favorite cards).

Items - You need a few of these to help you out, but not many 6-8. You want ones that will lower the quest level or add level tokens to quests you attempt. Journeyman's Boots, Razor-Sharp Speedblade, Explorer's Cape, Flowing Black Silk Sash, Cloak of Flames, and Infiltrator Coat. A weapon to use in primary with the Speedblade can also be helpful. Jade Reaver is especially good for this. Black Bone Dirk is also good if you don't have a Reaver.

Units - There are some units that can help questing and my decks have 4-6, but in the interests of simplicity, I'd advise you to put none in your deck and just try to quest him to death. Use extra abilities if you don't quite have a play deck of 50.

When you are using the deck builder, make sure the STANDARD button is checked OFF. This will allow you to use ALL the cards, not just those from the last 6 or 7 expansions. For the free scenarios like this one, you can play an unrestricted deck.

Hope this helps.

Yyevil
05-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Thanks guys - I won it by chosing lots of beast unit and having Holy Windfinder in my deck. She adds 1 damage for every beast you have on the board. So I had 7 beasts on the board. Drew her, and killed the spiders avatar in one round. hehe

I'll try some of the other methods mentioned here. Relying upon drawing Holy is a bad idea, but it has worked for me a couple of times.

sojuu
05-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Thanx archus I won it by following your advice :)

Ishtass
05-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Once you've gone through the tutorial it's very easy.

Yyevil
05-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Once you've gone through the tutorial it's very easy.

Is not or I just suck. I lost to the tutorial 3 friggin times before I beat it.

Chakarum
05-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Is not or I just suck. I lost to the tutorial 3 friggin times before I beat it.

A lot just depends on your draw. This scenario is easy if you load up on units, because you can feed them to the spiders she plays while you quest. God help you if you don't have any units available tho.

Lyndar
05-17-2013, 10:02 AM
lvl 80 poison was 2hr buff and hit for almost 3k. If you don't have this, get it :)

Gorkeyah
05-17-2013, 10:51 AM
I stopped using poisons that I occasionally got from our rogues. The dps is about up there with bane strikes, but requires that annoying 2hr buff that might last 5min because the raid wiped. heh (Hey I just did 20million damage, of which 20k was poison procs! -made up, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's approx right.)

Having said that, I can understand wanting this clickie, but I'm also LoN challenged like some of you. :)

Ishtass
05-17-2013, 01:59 PM
I had never played before doing this, and used one of the premade starter decks. If you find yourself doing the tutorial by just doing what they say and not thinking about why you're making a particular move, then yeah I'm sure it's rough. Don't speed through it and you should be fine once you take on the Chal task. Just my experience, but managed to win first try.