PDA

View Full Version : Grinding for decent dps

Patife
05-09-2013, 01:37 AM
Hello all!
I am hoping to improve my group dps for regular grinds. I no longer raid much, but feel that my average dps should be better. I have some 4200 AA spent so far, but still correcting a few mistakes from earlier, so they're not "smartly distributed" according to most advice found here.

With the recent Rain of Fear alterations to our class, I know I should probably redo some of what I am doing.

My average dps on RoF blues is between 6-7k.
Here is what I do:

Social Button 1 - This is my "hammer" button
: /disc Shadewalker's Synergy
: /alt activate 469 (Stun kick)
: /doability 1 (Flying Kick)
: /alt activate 15073 (Banestrike)
: /disc cloud of fists Rk. II

For named (group named) I do:
1) Zan Fi
2) Five Point Palm
3) Second Spire

Then I hit Social 2 "Speed":
: /pause 3,/disc Drunken Monkey Style
: /pause 3,/alt activate 945 (Infusion of Thunder)
: /pause 3,/disc Speed Focus Discipline
: /pause 3,/disc Shadewalker's Synergy
: /alt activate 469 (Stunning Kick)

Alternatively, if speed focus is down, I use the second button:

Social 3: "DMND"
: /pause 3,/disc Drunken Monkey Style
: /pause 3,/disc Diamondpalm Discipline
: /pause 3,/disc Shadewalker's Synergy
: /alt activate 469 (Stunning Kick)

The brigher monks probably recognize my Social 2 and 3 as something that was posted previously.

What I am seeking is some decent advice on which skills I should try to go through during regular grinds. Also, if you have smart button configurations for burns that are better than what I am using (2,3) please advise. It would be a shame to NOT play my monk optimally :)

In advance, thanks for reading!

Patife Everlife

Bixxby82
05-09-2013, 10:31 AM
adding tiger claw to your "hammer" button macro would help things a lot.
they took it off the flying kick timer, so you're able to use them both.
each one respectively triggers more of the same attack with the Technique of Master Wu AA.

Do you have Fists of Steel?
Do you have any ranks in Punch Mastery?
Are your kick AA's up to snuff?

And if you really wanna show off your numbers in a grp burn, try opening with either Diamondpalm or Heel instead.
I'd think you'd see some better results there.

your Palm macro should include:
BP click + tiger's balance + destructive force (if you've got it and nothing's mezzed) + Diamond/Terrorpalm
- i use wasp in my Palm macro as well.

Heel macro should just be:
Drunken Monkey + Synergy + Heel of whatever you've got
- i've been using Infusion with my Heel lately. by the time i get around to using SF (in most cases) IoT's back up /shrug

Gorkeyah
05-09-2013, 01:57 PM
I'd recommend using key bindings for your button mashers, and maybe socials to fire off discs and activate abilities, though socials can be unreliable sometimes.

For aa's you want the new thunderfoot and hastened synergy lines if you didn't get them already. The changes also make punch mastery and all the kick stuff more important than it used to be. Twinproc is also better now that it affects thunderfoot rather than just weapon procs.

With the right AA's, the best to worst disc order is now something like: heel > terrorpalm > speedfocus/Iot > eye of storm > ironfist (ironfist is pretty also better now than it used to be with all the specials dps going on)

SoroxDrinal
05-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Key binding rocks...

All of the following actions are tied to my E key:
Banestrike <-- raid set replaces this with Wasp
Drunken Monkey
Stunning Kick <-- this will occur after synergy
Synergy
Flying Kick
Tigerclaw
Cloud/Zalikor <-- use Zalikor when kills are fast
Epic glove click <-- make sure this is last

Fights are spamming EEEEEE.

Also, Earthforce Rk II. has a 156 damage bonus.

Nedrom
05-09-2013, 04:10 PM
is banestrike really worth it?

SoroxDrinal
05-09-2013, 04:12 PM
8k free damage every 1 minute. It's totally free so why not?!

Ishtass
05-09-2013, 04:19 PM
I use it all the time, but if you have something with more dps to fill that fifth social slot you could sub it out. 8k damage per minute isn't great dps... but I wouldn't say no to another 133dps

SoroxDrinal
05-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Does anyone have a key bind method of turning ON autoattack?

I can't find a way with my 8 key bind set...

Gorkeyah
05-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Epic glove click <-- make sure this is last

What? For atk or something? Isn't there a stacking problem with that? I forget. I can't imagine you're doing it for haste....

Nedrom
05-09-2013, 04:36 PM
8k free damage every 1 minute. It's totally free so why not?!

I had no idea that's what it did, I'll add it to my hotkey.

SoroxDrinal
05-09-2013, 04:38 PM
If I am tanking, I use 3rd spire at times with certain disciplines because of the defensive proc Slot5: Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier bonus

Assuming you hit 10x a second, 2nd spire adds 33K damage before mods. Not entirely sure how that compares against a tanking monk running 3rd spire.

3rd + heel, 3rd + ironfist, 3rd + speedfocus are option but only if you are tanking.

Gorkeyah
05-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Does anyone have a key bind method of turning ON autoattack?

I can't find a way with my 8 key bind set...

I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but you could try to turn on auto attack when assisting, then make an /assist key in your binding group (first key).

There's a command for having autoattack turn on with assist. I forget what it is for sure, but it might be /assist on and /assist off, for controlling the setting.

The other option is a social for autoattack instead of /assist, but I forget if that's a toggle, which would mean you'd keep turning it on and off. heh I don't think it is, though. I use it in a macro for dropping agro that does an FD then stands back up and turns attack back on. I'm not on EQ to check it, though.

SoroxDrinal
05-09-2013, 04:40 PM
I use the click mainly for ATK and AC buff if I don't have ranger buffs.
It can be especially useful if you die during raid, get rezzed, and don't get rebuffed quickly.

Gorkeyah
05-09-2013, 04:41 PM
I had no idea that's what it did, I'll add it to my hotkey.

It's from the slayer acheivments so it only works on mob types you have the acheivements for and not raid flagged mobs regardless. There are achievements for reducing the recycle time on it also.

Gorkeyah
05-09-2013, 04:43 PM
If I am tanking, I use 3rd spire at times with certain disciplines because of the defensive proc Slot5: Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier bonus

Assuming you hit 10x a second, 2nd spire adds 33K damage before mods. Not entirely sure how that compares against a tanking monk running 3rd spire.

3rd + heel, 3rd + ironfist, 3rd + speedfocus are option but only if you are tanking.

Yeah, I'll use 3rd sometimes when tanking. It's probably not huge either way. heh

Gorkeyah
05-09-2013, 04:44 PM
It can be especially useful if you die during raid, get rezzed, and don't get rebuffed quickly.

I have a clickie for haste, and don't sweat the rest. When you have rez effects on I think haste doesn't work, so you suck for awhile anyway.

Nedrom
05-09-2013, 04:46 PM

the atk and ac buff on epic 1.0 is so insignificant what's the point?

Gorkeyah
05-09-2013, 04:55 PM
the atk and ac buff on epic 1.0 is so insignificant what's the point?

Most of us click stuff that's hardly worth it. 13ac gnomework illusion!!! :P

SoroxDrinal
05-09-2013, 05:20 PM
The epic click is "free" for me since it's part of my key binds...

Rasputyn
05-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Key binding is definitely the way to go for mash abilities, especially now.

Only thing to add for the OP is to upgrade from Diamondpalm to Terrorpalm.

Rallon
05-12-2013, 02:49 AM
Does anyone have a list of the codes for discs and AA's for the various hot keys so I can set up some of these...or do the codes vary depending on how your ui is set up?

Any help greatly appreciated.