PDA

View Full Version : Gearing up

Ishtass
04-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Been around the forums but haven't played in awhile. For visible armor, just looking for a quick recommendation for a non raider.

It seems like cultural would be good, except for the BP for the focus/clickie which would just be group gear.

From what I could find, I should be going for Regal Shadowrise armor, and Twilight Chestwraps of the Unwavering.

Anyone have comments on if that's a good plan to shoot for? Any comments about the group vs cultural stuff?

- edit: should probably have posted in monk equipment forum, if anyone wants to move it for me

Gorkeyah
04-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Depends on level/PP. You can buy group (attunable) RoF T1 visibles and other slots if you're level 92 or higher I think. I wouldn't necessarily recommend cultural, but that works also I suppose. I have cultural raid for the cleave stacking. Not sure how/if that works with group augs though.

Ishtass
04-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm not there yet, but assuming lvl 100 and plat to spare, curious if there's a noticeable swing one way or the other.

If cultural isn't better or it's really close, might just save the plat and go for group gear instead. I have the VoA cultural version atm.

Gorkeyah
04-24-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure how the group stuff compares. Maybe it's a bit better than t1, but not quite t2, like the raid auged version. /shrug.

Nedrom
04-24-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm using the RoF Group Tier 1 items and they're excellent.

Cultural armor is only really worth it if you have access to the raid augs.

Cultural weapons are great tho!

Ishtass
04-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Cool, thanks for the feedback.

Does anyone use the BP's though since they don't have the clickie/focus? Seems it would be a huge downgrade to miss out on those.

Bixxby82
04-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Most everyone that's using RoF or VoA Cultural *should* have a BP bagged for the click during Terrorpalm.

As far as stat comparisons between RoF grp and RoF cultural are concerned:
If you're raid aug'ing the Cultural, it surpasses all tiers of RoF grp.
If you're not, then RoF t2/t3 are the way to gear out.

I, along with several other monks here on the forums use RoF cultural to stack cleave.
I'm pretty sure everyone of those cats, including myself, has a BP bagged for clicky wins.

Ishtass
04-24-2013, 04:32 PM
I see. I was aware of the cleave stacking but wasn't sure if the impen focus loss was a deal breaker for any.

I went ahead and made alternate profiles for my magelo using cultural vs group T2 (T3 not in yet apparently). T2 group was already killing the raw stats like you said.

Looks like the path is pretty straight forward when in group content. Thanks guys.

Zzlaarr
04-24-2013, 04:51 PM
No matter what route you take I'd use a class BP for the Impen timer reduction. I am using raid T2 BP with the rest all in cultural.

Gorkeyah
04-24-2013, 05:56 PM
I have cleave augs in most slots via cultural, but I plan on continuing to use raid sleeves since thay have cleave, and raid bp (not bagged), so with fero, thats two visible slots without cleave. I might change my mind since BPs have been a bitch to win. Heh

Ishtass
04-24-2013, 06:51 PM
All Cleave augs are raid obtained right? Are there group cleave augs for the cultural?

Yyevil
04-24-2013, 09:58 PM
All Cleave augs are raid obtained right? Are there group cleave augs for the cultural?

Yes, but groupers can only put cleave on arms and chest. So they only get two places for Cleave.

Ishtass
04-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Ahh didn't realize there was a group cleave aug, link please?

Bixxby82
04-25-2013, 11:11 AM
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=134589

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=134591