PDA

View Full Version : RoF t3 abilities feedback

Aggememnon
04-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Just interested to know what people felt about the new AA/disc that went live with the t3 update.

For me personally, I have not added any of the new disc, except for typing /disc swift (Swift Reflexes 2 hr buff icon). I didn't see it do anything for me. I still died heh. Fang (1/2 dps of pets), earthforce (no rune, and didn't seem like 24 secs either), protection (usually I am always in favor of using protection heh) all don't warrant a hotbar slot.

AAs is a different matter. I saw a significant jump in sustained dps, and with the 'passive' changes my burst was actually very decent. Certainly ahead of BLs in my guild, but I do wonder how other monks (particularly in higher end guilds) fared. I'd reckon sustained was around 33% boost (15k to about 20k).

Downside of course is the many more buttons to press more often. I am optimising that at the moment - trying to get them in socials rather than key binding, but something is stopping some firing that way /sigh

Gorkeyah
04-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Love the AAs. Bought the rk1 discs but haven't had a chance to try any of them. heh

Nedrom
04-19-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm still 95, but I noticed a nice boost with the changes to Tech of Master Wu and adding in Tiger Claw to press the same time as flying kick.

So far I like, even though I can't buy some of the abilities yet its nice to see that the changes made were not for the 1%

Vothsisx
04-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Spells are horrific. AA are win.

Just keybind and get it over with.

Yyevil
04-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Spells are horrific. AA are win.

Just keybind and get it over with.

This.

Gorkeyah
04-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Is there anything that determines the order things fire when you keybind? In other words, I'd want synergy to land first if I used it in a keybind with the other kicks.

Vanni
04-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Yes, descending on the hot bar (stretch it out to a single line - the far left or the top will fire first depending on which way you stretched). EQ button < actions < hot bars numbered 1-10. Keys on 1 will fire first descending from there.

Gorkeyah
04-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Thanks. It seemed to be working that way, but I wasn't sure if I could count on it.

Gorkeyah
04-19-2013, 10:35 PM
It's a bit weird. I'm binding a bunch of stuff I never did before, so I don't have much experience with it. Starting with my 3 key, I have the following:

banestrike, drunk monkey, synergy, flying kick, tiger claw, stunning kick, cloud of fists

I had banestrike later down the line at first, but it never fired for some reason, so I made it the main button. When everything is up, one press gets me banestrike and drunk monkey, then second press gets me synergy, then 3rd press gets me flying kick, tiger, stunning kick, and cloud. So it appears certain things will go at the same time, while others wont. It kind of makes sense that two discs wont fire simultaneously though.

I don't have two finger in the mix because of the long recycle time I wouldn't want to waste it on trash mobs that die fast before a named, for instance.

Maereax
04-19-2013, 11:34 PM
I have the following set up. This is completely different setup than I've ever used
#1 -> FK/TC/disarm
#2 -> Stunning kick
#3 -> cloud of fists
#4 -> synergy/banestrike/dms

Qulas
04-19-2013, 11:38 PM
This is our discipline timer chart with the SoF release.

0: Disciple's Aura / Master's Aura / Fists of Wu

1: Stonestance / Whirlwind / Voiddance / Earthwalk / Impenetrable / Earthforce

2: Innerflame / Hundred Fists / Crystalpalm / Diamondpalm / Terrorpalm

3 Thunderkick / Silentfist / Ashenhand / Scaledfist / Ironfist

4: Focused Will / Resistant / Fearless / Planeswalk / Healing Will / Dreamwalk / Moment of Calm / Moment of Tranquility / Moment of Placidity / Five Breaths / Six Breaths / Seven Breaths

5: Rapid Kick / Heel of Kanji / Heel of Kai / Heel of Kojai / Heel of Zagali

6: Counterforce / Echo of Misdirection / Echo of Deception / Echo of Distraction / Echo of Confusion / Echo of Obfuscation / Echo of Prevarication

7: Delay Death / Defer Death / Deny Death / Decry Death / Forestall Death / Protection of the Shadewalker

8: Throw Stone / Elbow Strike / Phantom Zephyr / Phantom Wind / Phantom Echo / Leopard Claw / Phantom Call / Phantom Shadow / Ancient: Phantom Chaos / Phantom Cry / Dragon Fang / Phantom Silhouette / Clawstriker's Flurry / Shimmering Silhouette / Wheel of Fists / Calanin's Synergy / Phantom Apparition / Whorl of Fists / Dreamwalker's Syngery / Phantasmal Apparition / Six-Step Pattern / Veilwalker's Synergy / Veiled Apparition / Seven-Step Pattern / Shaded Apparition / Eight-Step Pattern / Shadewalker's Synergy

9: Flinch / Intercepting Fist / Void Step / Shaded Step / Eye of the Storm

10: Speed Focus

11: Punch Through / Jab Through / Void Body / Veiled Body /

12: Second Wind / Third Wind / Forth Wind / Respite / Fifth Wind / Reprieve / Sixth Wind / Seventh Wind / Rest

13: Astral Projection / Chrono Projection / Inner Rejuvenation / Crane Stance

14: Vigorous Shuriken / Drunken Monkey Style

15: Tiger's Balance / Eagle's Balance

16: Cloud of Fists / Zalikor's Fang

17: Swift Reflexes

Chongdamonk
05-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Earthforce doesn't have a rune? That's lame. Is that a bug?

Ishtass
05-11-2013, 02:25 PM
Earthforce doesn't have a rune? That's lame. Is that a bug?

It's being fixed in the test server now, we'll see it within a month probably.

Vothsisx
05-11-2013, 09:33 PM
How didn't we catch that in Beta?

Ishtass
05-11-2013, 10:27 PM
How didn't we catch that in Beta?

We (not I) did.

Gorkeyah
05-11-2013, 10:46 PM
The change to earth force came late in the beta. There wasn't much time to fix the bug that came with the change.