PDA

View Full Version : So many Questions; Playing my monk again

Tizerak
04-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Finally got access (thanks Nedrom)!
I don't even know where to begin, everything is so different from 8 years ago.
My monk is a 59 Iksar atm, I have pretty much full elab defiant and intricate combatant; I use augs as I find em. I'm leveling in blackfeather roost atm.
I do the Hotzone quest whenever it becomes avail; I've gotten as much through /claim as I could; I have 1-8 years of the /veteranrewards and use the exp one whenever it's on cooldown; I try and keep my Serpent Seeker's Charm of Lore updated.

1. Disciplines - Inner Flame or 100 fist? Inner Flame seems to do more damage? Tome of Ashenhand/Silent fist, are either of this worth using over Flying Kick? Or basically which defensive disc is best (I love whirlwind) and offensive.

2. Are Disarm/Intimidate worth skilling ever?

3. Good place to level safe fall?

4. Any... quest/progression lines worth doing?

All I can think of atm.

EDIT: Oh!

5. Easy weapon proc lvl 4 augs to get besides the home city bought ones?

6. Using a JT1 Tank merc atm, are there any others worth using?

Ishtass
04-04-2013, 05:52 PM
1) Not sure, hopefully you level up quickly enough where it doesn't matter anymore. I would guess innerflame, but only because I remember it being second after speedfocus which you get later.

2) Not really. Tie them to a hotkey and over the next few months you might get it up there.

3) I think it was Erudin that had a teleport near the entrance. It teleports you up a ledge, and you can keep running forward, falling down, teleporting back up, and continue, without even having to do anything besides maybe mend.

4) Epic/Whistling fists were awesome ones.

Imuu
04-04-2013, 06:39 PM
what server you on?

i wouldnt worry too much about detailed stuff til you get abit higher.

Just keep working your way thru the zones and getting upgrades where and when you can.

Tizerak
04-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

also for hotkey purposes is there a way to set your mercs role with the "/grouproles set" command? I've tried to merc's name but it doesn't work.

Gorkeyah
04-04-2013, 10:54 PM
For wepon augs, you can look at DoN vendors. You'll probably need to do faction, or maybe sneak indiff is enough. I think you can get the crystals from loyalty vendor, or from another player. Eventually doing the progression is worth it in any case.

Once you're up to the level requirements, you can get dmg augs from group content in SoD.

Oh and mpg group trials for the resist cap increase.