PDA

View Full Version : Sokon's AA Ideas.

Sokon
03-14-2013, 04:37 PM
First off: WTB a forum section for AA ideas only, so monks can post ideas there and eq designers/developers can reference it in the future.

All of these ideas are for New AA lines.

I would like to see PASSIVE AA's that:

Decrease the delay of a 1 hb weapon if that 1 hb weapon is in the offhand.

Example: 3 ranks, 1 delay less per rank, a 24 delay 1 hb would be 21 delay while in the offhand.

Innate delay death that provides a minor heal when we fall to negative hps, like our forstall death disc line but very minor.

Or: The AA auto activates mend if in negative hps.
Or: An AA that allows use of our mend ability WHILE in negative hps

Use purify while silenced.

Reason: We aren't casters. Silence should not deter this ability.

Trade mend heal for increase dmg to all skills and/or increase dmg to crits.

Example: you mend while at 90% life. You mended for the extra life mend(50%), meaning 40% of the heal was wasted! Having this AA then converts the wasted % to a Damage to all skills/crits % is increased by 40% via a buff in song window, for a couple ticks, reuse = obviously mend reuse.

Idea base: This gives the monk an option to use mend as a dmg buff as opposed to a heal. It will not help us molo/solo content for exp, but it will help us on raids where we are not tanking.
Make our chrono projection/astral projections transport our body when used. Allow 2 different uses, click off and wear off.

Example: When you use chrono projection, you will end up phyiscally where the projection wears off, when it wears off. However, if you click the disc off you will be back to where you were when you clicked the disc to begin with thus, maintaining its original funcionality as well.

Advanced technique of master wu line(s)

Possible Example 1: The dmg mod of crippling strike and eye gouge without there spell effects be given a chance to chain off of stunning kick.
OR
Possible Example 2: Anytime you use stunning kick, whorl of fists, return kick on a riposte, eagle strike from proc from eagles balance etc, I.E. anytime you land a skill attack from ANYTHING your technique of master wu line has a chance to fire.

A throwing AA that increases our range dps, its pathetic. Just give us one, +200 % dmg passive or something. It's been 14 years and not a single throwing AA? It's an extra that should have happened by now.

Chance to flurry with offhand, upon any flurry with main hand.

The following ACTIVE AA:

Summon tranquil shurikens

Example: 5 sec reuse summon 100 x 100 dmg 15 delay tranquil shurikens

Maereax
03-14-2013, 05:30 PM
I doubt most of that is possible with current code man, you've got some cool ideas though

=/

Ishtass
03-14-2013, 07:52 PM
I doubt most of that is possible with current code man, you've got some cool ideas though

=/

Agreed, some cool ideas

Sokon
03-14-2013, 11:40 PM

=/

Ya thanks.

Well fortunately for us some people went to college to get a job where they can sit and write NEW code all day. All we have to do is put in the request and let them figure it out.

There is a way around all of this when it comes to code. For example, an initial idea like flurry with offhand might not be possible, but that does not mean it has to actually happen. The damage just needs to appear that way.

i.e. the coders know what our offhand dmg rng is, they just apply a random number of attacks for the flurry to proc off the main hand flurry.

For anything dps, there is always a work around, espcially when talking coding, which I have taken a couple classes in. Sometimes it just requires they think out of the box and/or turn /dickoutofhand ON

Ishtass
03-15-2013, 09:35 AM
Ya thanks.

Well fortunately for us some people went to college to get a job where they can sit and write NEW code all day. All we have to do is put in the request and let them figure it out.

There is a way around all of this when it comes to code. For example, an initial idea like flurry with offhand might not be possible, but that does not mean it has to actually happen. The damage just needs to appear that way.

i.e. the coders know what our offhand dmg rng is, they just apply a random number of attacks for the flurry to proc off the main hand flurry.

For anything dps, there is always a work around, espcially when talking coding, which I have taken a couple classes in. Sometimes it just requires they think out of the box and/or turn /dickoutofhand ON
The original code was written by developers that no longer work at the company, with poor documentation and a really shitty foundation for improvements. New devs that come on have a hard time figuring out what the code is even doing, and it's a much larger beast than the projects you've taken in your few coding classes. While I share your can-do attitude in not giving up when it comes to tackling a difficult problem, the reality of their situation is the time vs reward for figuring it out is pretty lame, and in the business world, everything is about ROI.

sensei savager
03-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Roi?

Nedrom
03-15-2013, 04:09 PM
return on investment

Ishtass, you're really defensive for them eh?

Maereax
03-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Savager was about to throw down

Ishtass
03-15-2013, 11:42 PM
return on investment

Ishtass, you're really defensive for them eh?

I can understand their plight, as I've been in the situation. Plus I know what they will say, we've heard it hundreds of times. Once in awhile we get a bite though.

@Maereax lol, no Sav, not your guild ;p

Maereax
03-16-2013, 02:49 AM
@Maereax lol, no Sav, not your guild ;p

This shit was about to get vi-o-lint

Rasputyn
03-17-2013, 02:29 AM
The offhand delay idea is one I think we should have just in general. Can't flurry so it's a small add, but it feels monkly or whatever. Pretty sure we're crushed by code restrictions though for basically any boosts to the offhand(flurry or delay or whatever).