PDA

View Full Version : RoF phase 2

Shimazuul
02-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Now that we know the zones, is there anything about new AAs or abilities? Anyone see anything on test? Just curious...

Nedrom
02-26-2013, 10:12 PM
did i miss an announcement?

Celephane
02-27-2013, 06:59 AM
not that I've seen...who knows the zones?

Reyla the Gnome
02-28-2013, 06:36 AM
Announced.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/everquest-the-game-the-team-today-and-coming-soon.4182/

Relevant excerpt:

Shadows of Fear
Last year, we launched the Rain of Fear expansion (EverQuest’s 19th Expansion) and in April, we will be continuing the Rain of Fear story with the Shadows of Fear Game Update. Shadows of Fear will be available to everyone that has purchased the Rain of Fear expansion. It will include some new zones while introducing some new storylines of godly proportion and you will have some Spell and AA lines that you haven’t had before. Stay tuned for a Beta Announcement in March. You were signed up for Beta for the Rain of Fear, then you will be invited to come back and we’ll have a small window to invite some of you that missed it last year.

Gorkeyah
02-28-2013, 12:21 PM
I've been wondering if there are going to be dmg aug upgrades with the new content since that was the trend with past expansions. hot 6/8, voa 8/10, rof 10/12?

I'd rather not have a new chase item. heh The rof 10dmg was easy to get , and you could buy it if you wanted to go that way.

Kaliaila
03-01-2013, 05:44 AM
not that I've seen...who knows the zones?
The zones have been known for several months, pretty much since RoF went live: It is discussed In this thread in the Lore forum (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/tier-3-4-rof-speculation.2991/) and this thread in the Veteran Forum (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/will-there-be-t3-and-4-this-expansion.2188/).

From the Lore Forum (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/tier-3-4-rof-speculation.2991/#post-37983) with some modifications by myself in italics:

1. Chelsith Reborn. Chelsith was Shissar capital on Kunark before the Greenmist. One of the shards landed on the moon. I would look for the crystal (zone entrance) in The Grey. Shissar grabbed it and are using it to rebuild and expand.
This is the portal being built by the two Erudite females.

2. Plane of Shadow. Another shard that landed on the moon (shardtenders mention shards landing on the moon, i.e. more than 1). Alternatively, Luclin was Lupex and stole Xorbb's shard. Either way, it's her plane. Good catch about the trailer. Sounds like her. Look for the zone crystal either in Maiden's Eye or in Umbral Plains near VT.
This is the portal being built by the two "Sisters" from Luclin.

3. Plane of Mischief 3.0. That 'cookie monster' deal must have been Bristlebane's doing. And he may or may not be Sam Napth and Phantasm. He's been known for sneaking into places where the other gods didn't go and making shady alliances. Phantasm spoke Alaran but maybe Bristlebane had been to Alaris (or even Alara) before as well?
As the original post alludes to, this is the portal being built by the one Halfling woman with the Gingerbread man.

4. Heart of Fear. When the big shard is complete, we will enter it. The Torchbearer guy thinks that Cazic is gone and won't be there. However, the expansion art suggests that other gods will be, and they will be corrupted by Fear.
Again like the original post states, this is the big shard we are helping to fix via our progression.

There is additionally a fifth zone (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/will-there-be-t3-and-4-this-expansion.2188/page-4#post-36300), The Burned Woods, which most people assume is actually the zone to which the PoM portal will take you to due to that name being tied to an age old EQ story/joke.

So all said we know of 5 zones that will be added here in the next month or two.

Nedrom
03-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Dark Side of the Moon!!!

Yyevil
03-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Chelsith Reborn

I've never heard of Chelsith. After plaing EQ for 14+ years I thought I have heard most of the lore at least once. Where is Chelsith supposed to have been on Kunark?

tanecho
03-01-2013, 11:49 AM
I thought I saw something about it being an extension of silyssar from TBS.

Kelefane
03-01-2013, 04:59 PM
No where has there been a discussion or talk that this will actually be tier 3 content. For all we know, it could be more of the same (ie more T2 content)

The difficulty of this next batch of content will be in question and who knows if the gear will be a step up from what we see now too.

Common sense says otherwise, however, a lot of what SOE does these days with EQ1 makes little sense.................

Kaliaila
03-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Chelsith was the Shissar city that was above what is now the zone in to Howling Stones. It is the place that the Shissar teleported to Luclin.

Also better gear was actually alluded to as far back as in RoF Beta when it was pointed out that the bp focii were not the best possible; a dev said that there is one more tier of gear.

Aggememnon
03-04-2013, 06:05 AM
I'd like to know:
1. Will the new zones we t3? or more t1/t2
2. If its a new tier, will they revamp the cultural gear? That normally stands as a level between the final 2 tiers. If they add another tier it may be a bit weak.
3. How many AA will come with that

I assume there are more progression tasks and collect quests etc - which is kinda tedious.

Gorkeyah
03-04-2013, 11:21 AM
On quests... if they add more, how are they going to handle the achievements for completing all the RoF task groups I wonder?

Yyevil
03-05-2013, 02:34 AM
On quests... if they add more, how are they going to handle the achievements for completing all the RoF task groups I wonder?

Add a "further" achievement, with a new aug/reward would be my guess.

Gorkeyah
03-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Maybe just a new category like a separate expansion.

Kaliaila
03-06-2013, 04:19 AM
Maybe just a new category like a separate expansion.
I am going with this one. They are calling this content Shadows of Fear; I am guessing that when they do the patch that it comes active there will either be a new expansion marked as it or a new sub section of acheivements for RoF.