PDA

View Full Version : Procs and our DPS

Maereax
02-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Hey guys. I have been thinking (and beginning to parse) about our procs, as of late. I'm wondering if having so many of them hurts us. Here's why:

From what I understand, you can proc one spell and one weapon proc per swing. Right now during a raid assuming a dps group (which is laughable as a monk, but we'll go benefit of the doubt) we have the following proc spells:

Shaman group proc buff (puma/tiger/lion/lynx/whatever it's called now)
Bard proc song x2 (aria and either the de-agro or the agro proc? I haven't played a bard since HoT)
Tiger disc
BP click
IoT proc buff
Poison buff

Also there's our fists of fury, which I don't know if it counts as a buff proc, or a weapon proc, or is in the same category.

My thinking is that with all of these different things and only one is firing per swing, we might be hurting ourselves by having the lower damage procs on while the higher damage proc buffs are on. Also, I'm not sure how song window proc buffs interact. I've been told that procs are checked by your buff slots, meaning if we're talking primary buff window procs you want to try to get your good ones in the first few slots so they have more opportunities to go off. I am wondering how this interacts with songs. Are song-window buffs checked after all buff window buffs? Are they before? Are they a totally different system?

I think this could have an effect on our DPS due to Iron/Terror powering up our BP/tiger procs, if other stuff is causing them to take longer to go off and causing them to end up not working when our discs are optimal for them. I don't know how much of an effect, but it might be something?

tanecho
02-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Sounds like an easy enough test, I have my own bard so I will see about parsing this over the next few nights.

Gorkeyah
02-21-2013, 03:59 PM
I don't have an answer, but I've been wondering the same thing lately. For instance, it might be counter productive to do an epic click, and maybe it would be best to run eagle with terror and no bp click unless you're going to click it off early on for the extra kick portion on fade. (I hardly ever bother with poison, or epic anymore anyway.)

Maereax
02-21-2013, 04:31 PM
I didn't even think epic, I don't bother casting it anymore. In the time it takes to cast we do more damage than it gives us, but that's another one.

Maereax
02-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Sounds like an easy enough test, I have my own bard so I will see about parsing this over the next few nights.

I have a bard and a shaman as well. I have a parse running right now for weapon procs and was planning on running one for buff procs tonight.

Gorkeyah
02-21-2013, 09:23 PM
I didn't even think epic, I don't bother casting it anymore. In the time it takes to cast we do more damage than it gives us, but that's another one.

You can cast it on incoming to avoid that, but I don't really use it either.

Ughbash
02-22-2013, 08:19 AM
I occasionally use epic as a 10k heal... It costs me dps but sometimes it helps and makes my next mend worth more.

Gorkeyah
02-22-2013, 10:59 AM
I use it, but just not as something for burn dps.

Maereax
02-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Oh for sure. It still has a spot on my main hotbar (#8 bitches), but I no longer use it for DPS. Only when I know damage is coming in and that extra 10k hp will help, or when I need the actual 10k heal.

Aggememnon
02-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Hey guys. I have been thinking (and beginning to parse) about our procs, as of late. I'm wondering if having so many of them hurts us. Here's why:

Shaman group proc buff (puma/tiger/lion/lynx/whatever it's called now)
Bard proc song x2 (aria and either the de-agro or the agro proc? I haven't played a bard since HoT)
Tiger disc
BP click
IoT proc buff
Poison buff

Also there's our fists of fury, which I don't know if it counts as a buff proc, or a weapon proc, or is in the same category.

I wondered the exact same thing - I thought I posted about it, but it seems it was just a PM to Swami, about 1.5 yrs ago.
I actually even went thru and made a list of what slot the proc goes in, and where it hits when it lands. For example:

lynx: slot 5: Add Proc: Lynx Maw rate mod 400 (729 dd) (slot5)
storm blade: slot 1: Add Proc: Storm Blade Strike rate mod 400 (100dd)
spiders bite: slot 11: Add Proc: Spider's Bite Poison Strike VIII (2036 dd) (slot 10:Screech)
call of fire: slot 1: Add Proc: Call of Fire Strike (65 dd)
springwork: slot 2: Add Proc: Contact Poison I (141 dd)
inf thunder: slot 1: Add Proc: Infusion of Thunder Effect rate mod 20 (925 to 1500 dd)
epic: slot 3 ..
I'd be interested to see how these stack up!