PDA

View Full Version : Aug parser

Maereax
02-20-2013, 01:47 PM
I found this on the warrior boards. I don't know if we have anything similar out there, I've never seen it if so. I know rten mentioned something about a spreadsheet, but I slack.

Dude name Desthin made it, He's a warrior obviously. Full credit to him and whatnot, I had nothing to do with it, just found the link and thought it was actually pretty cool.

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21115
That's the link to the thread, the download link is on the first post. I downloaded it and am playing with it and it's pretty cool

Zzlaarr
02-20-2013, 07:57 PM
I've been working on something similar actually.

It also works with the /output inventory file but then builds up its own database based on the augs (well actually all gear you own) by looking up the complete raw data of an item including any Lore, etc.
Additionally you can also add items to the database by just entering the EQID number of an item.

Currently you can then use a pivot table on that database to do your research or whatever.

That's how it works so far and is Excel based.

Final result should be so that you can use it to calculate your best aug setup based on your personal preferences, either from only the augs/gear you already own or whatever is available in game.

This project however got deleyed a bit by another project I recently finished. :biggrin:
That other project is an "EQ Collection Item Manager", mainly aimed at people with multiple characters doing the collection achievements with collection items scatterd all over different toons and to keep track of collection achievments. It's also Excel based and let's you track achievement progress and summarizes what collection items you have on different toons. Thus letting you quite easily check each tracked character for collectibles you are missing, if you have it on another toon and if so on which toon. Also useable to create a "shopping list" for items you just do not have anywhere.

If anyone has interest in the EQ Item collection Manager let me know, maybe I'll make a separate thread for it if people have an interest in it.

Maereax
02-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Does it show/say where to find them?

Zzlaarr
02-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Does it show/say where to find them?
Hmm no, but good idea.
I can make it so that you can click an item and it will open up the respective page on Magelo showing the location or Allakhazam or something.

yanzu
02-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Both of those projects sound really sweet Zzlaarr