View Full Version : Best Server for Grouping

01-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Just looking for some feedback from monks on different servers but I find that getting groups is nearly impossible on Drinal and starting them even worse considering I'm not max level.

Most of the groups I can find are folks with 2-3 mercs and I can solo faster level xp.

I'm really starting to feel like Drinal is pretty much a raid-only server now and playing is just getting stale for me really fast since my usual gang of 3-4 folks are not on the same times as me when I do get a chance to login.

In the past when I was on these servers, Bristle, Povar and The Rathe were always pretty good for grouping, is that still the case?

So I'm considering flipping to a more group-casual friendly server depending on the feedback.

01-23-2013, 11:40 AM
I think Bristle is probably soso. I tend to either 2box with mercs or group with guildies, so I am not a great resource. But if I am in a zone and I see some one /ooc more than a couple of times with no luck, I have been inviting them to join in on whatever I have been doing. Net is that I am only seeing that multiple /ooc behavior a few times (or at least only aware of it infrequently). The other way to see this is that there are damn few people lfg. But there are a bunch of very casually raiding guilds and the lobby stays packed.

But if you come to Bristle, I can help ya do stuff sometimes!

01-23-2013, 11:43 AM
The Rathe is pretty good for grouping it seems like. You can pretty much always find a PUG if you look in the right places. My play schedule is so odd that I rarely do it anymore, but the times that I have tried it's been successful.

As a side note, I'm not max level either. Level 94 (almost 95) and sometimes box my 90 shaman along side. A lot of times I'll just be boxing and have folks come up and ask if they can join in and get a group going that way as well.

01-23-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm on AB. Usually I will try and put together a group after guild raid (more ppl to ask point blank, larger audience), usually for progression. Can be quite productive.

If I am logged in on a non-raid night, I will put up LFG (usually stating what I want progression-wise) and proceed to burn lesson. If I have not gotten a tell by the time lesson is done, I will gate back and camp. I'd say I've had 2 groups doing this since RoF release.

Botting is very easy these days, especially since f2p came in. With multiple mercs suspendable per toon, just 1 box can make a massive difference in what you can accomplish, hence EQ is becoming overrun with bot crews. And of course they don't need to vote on where to go, or what loot to roll, and who is tank, etc.

01-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Ned don't you do it!

01-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Tunare is pretty good for making groups, but not as much so for getting invited.