PDA

View Full Version : Lol - did anyone see this?

Aggememnon
01-16-2013, 09:19 AM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=108258

FD potion ...

Ishtass
01-16-2013, 10:19 AM
"Don't get upset FD classes!"

Ughbash
01-16-2013, 10:55 AM
This is a complete slap in the face of monks. We are loosing out last niche in the game. With this EVERY class will be able to get to the bottom of any dungeon and fish in dangerous pools with impunity. We are loosing our title as best fisherman for unsafe areas :(

Nedrom
01-16-2013, 01:54 PM
:(

Vothsisx
01-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Drop and spread em.

Trazz
01-16-2013, 06:21 PM
1 sec cast time.. 3 min reuse.

Still... /rainbow

rapitiss
01-16-2013, 11:38 PM
A lot of classes already got "oh shit" take me out of combat aa's. This is a nice fall back option and I could see this as a must have for clerics. Shit we're wiping FD out so I can start rez'ing faster.

It promotes folks doing tradeskills with a consumable item that's actually worth something.

AND we should use it to say look here's yet another example of our no longer unique class abilities getting farmed out. Please adjust our DPS up now that everyone can FD!

Maereax
01-17-2013, 01:49 AM
Are you sure this works? I heard it didn't. It lays you down but wont drop agro, and it gets you drunk

Aggememnon
01-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Just to clarify a few things...

There is a previous potion called 'Interplanar Brain Blaster' with the effect 'Inebrification' http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=6655.
This is the one that would get you drunk. I'm not sure if it actually did anything more than drop you on the ground using the FD graphic.

The new one 'planar overdose' http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=76332 does appear to work. It appeared after RoF release. It is fast cast (1sec), decent reuse (3 mins). On top of that, it is not LORE or NODROP. And furthermore, it costs less than 1 gold to make http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=39627&menustr=035000000000. It does require a droppable component (planar energy shard), but that is actually the common TS drop item in RoF, and drops everywhere.

I mentioned it on my guild forums yesterday, and already people were linking it last night after raid. Someone had used them previously, and commented that its works but can be broken by spells.

My guess is that this is the basic FD monks have, but does not have all the 'stonewall' AA benefits we paid heavily for. I've asked for feedback on a few things from my guild, but if anyone else has access:

a) Does it instantly mem wipe on mobs below lvl 35 or so and does it mem wipe on mobs higher than that after 1 min.
I assume yes to both, as I think those are not class-specific processes but mob behaviour code.
b) Is it 100% successful FD (I guess it is)
c) Can you ever not break FD when hit by a spell (I guess no for now, unless used by classes with stonewall type AAs).

In raid (as was commented on my guild forums) this can be broken by zone wide AEs. But thats the same for our FD, and it does seem to be more common in RoF.
In group this could be useful too. I mean you have to avoid casters, but what monk does not remember having to split casters by timing FD between spell casts? Or using LoS?

My opinion is that this addition is either very badly timed, or a proper kick in the chops of monks. We don't really have all that much going on right now (my opinion). A monk boils down to FD, mend, pulling, better tankability/survivability and dps. Systematically, we have having the 'monk class' diluted down to background noise.

All classes have gotten 'oh crap' abilities, and now these have been reinforced further with FD in a bottle. On the one hand, I will be glad to no longer hear 'but you have FD', but at the same time it feels like we are singled out for destruction. Pulling is gone, our dps is shocking compared to zerk/rog (and hybrids), better mitigation/avoidance against raid mobs counts for nothing; both me and Brog got one rounded by the same dragon last night, and the fact that my hits were (iirc) 15-20% smaller (but wider spread) means nothing. (Of course its better for group game content, but still not t4 merc tank level). All thats left is mend. There I said it. Lets see that put in a bottle and the monk class can pack up and go home...

Ughbash
01-17-2013, 08:50 AM
Pulling is gone, our dps is shocking compared to zerk/rog (and hybrids), better mitigation/avoidance against raid mobs counts for nothing;

We have better avoidance but we LACK in mitigation. Rangers will mitigate better than us. They have the same returns over softcap and a higher softcap (we still out mitigate shaman though not clerics). Since Combat stability is a multiplier of soft cap while combat agility is a pure additive each expansion their mitigation lead increases while our avoidance cap shrinks (comparitively).

Examples with made up numbers to clarify.

MITGATION assumes Rangers have 1200 soft cap and monks have 1000 soft cap again made up numbers to make point. Combat Stability adds 50% at a certain level (it is over that now) Ranger is 1800 soft cap Monk is 1500 soft cap and now the differnce in soft cap is 300 instead of 200.

AVOIDANCE assumes rangers avoid 10% of the damage and monks avoid 15% of the damage. With no AA we avoid 50 percent more then they do. Now we add 40% avoidance to both classes with AA. Rangers avoid 50% monks avoid 55%, while we still have a 5 percent edge in aviodance we avoid 10 percent more than rangers do.

These are of course MADE UP NUMBERS TO SHOW THE PRINCIPAL OF HOW CA AND CS WORK.

Aggememnon
01-17-2013, 09:49 AM
I said mitigation/avoidance to mean 'mitigation or avoidance, delete as applicable'. The main point was that its not really the advantage other classes think it is, and as you say the benefits diminish.

Anyway, I'd like to know what others think of this potion ...

Ughbash
01-17-2013, 10:58 AM
I said mitigation/avoidance to mean 'mitigation or avoidance, delete as applicable'. The main point was that its not really the advantage other classes think it is, and as you say the benefits diminish.
Sorry I had read it as mitigation and avoidance.

Anyway, I'd like to know what others think of this potion ...
I was clear already... It takes away our one last clearly leading advantage of being able to fish deep in a dungeon surrounded by hostile mobs. To make it worse I suspect SOE will "fix" this by making it so fishing does not work while FD rather then getting rid of the potion.

After all we have already been told by Developers that us getting FD was them farming out a necros ability to FD so giving it to other classes is not farming out our ability but necros.

EDIT: I am not that concerned about the FD potion, in my opinion since every class already has a fade, and raids no longer require pulling, bitching about the potion is like closing the barn door after the animals escape.

What I am more concerned about is our lack of DPS and Tanking. Both of those are things we have gotten shafted pretty much every expansion since SoF. One of those ways is due to how CA and CS work and the lower Softcap combined with the lower base AC of leather.

Again my apologies if this came across as bashing it was not my intent.

Aggememnon
01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
I agree with you.....
My conclusion is that this on its own is not a big deal, but in the context of our other 'traits' it does not leave much of a niche for us. I really think now we need to be properly interchangable dps with zerk/rog, with a niche maybe to tank. And for that we need to be at least as good as a t4 tank merc.

Zerks in particular would also have to have some sort of niche. Rogs have scouting and disarm trap already, so they are fine ;p (And maybe increase their slow poison component drop rate, so they can sub for a slower)

Ishtass
01-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Devs have proven time and time again then they don't care about much for monks. Other classes get handouts and we get shit on, year after year. Pile that on top of certain devs not understanding what we need or want. And you have devs disagreeing on what is important/direction for our class. This is just my honest perception, whether it be true or not.

Gorkeyah
01-17-2013, 02:31 PM
Speaking of merc tanks... had a funny experience with one. I have multiple mercs I can load, but rarely use the tank and I doubt it's buffed. In any case, I was out working on bane kills in Attiki. I found a spot with a fast respawn of a particular mob type so I just left my monk there and he would riposte them down, but that was slow.

There might be 3 or 4 mobs on me at once and it would be better if I paid close attention and used auto attack etc against them, but it was boring. So I thought maybe the tank merc could deal with them so I brought one up. Well...

The tank merc's dps was crappy also, but more importantly it didn't last well at all against them. It's health dropped steadily. I eventually put him back on passive and took over. While on passive it still took forever to regen his health back up, so I dropped him.

My monk was fine, though I might do a mend every once in awhile. I didn't stay that long because over all it was still slow an boring. I was a bit surprised the tank merc was so crappy against this old content, though.

Nedrom
01-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Devs have proven time and time again then they don't care about much for monks. Other classes get handouts and we get shit on, year after year. Pile that on top of certain devs not understanding what we need or want. And you have devs disagreeing on what is important/direction for our class. This is just my honest perception, whether it be true or not.

dude fix your signature

Ughbash
01-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Speaking of merc tanks... had a funny experience with one. I have multiple mercs I can load, but rarely use the tank and I doubt it's buffed. In any case, I was out working on bane kills in Attiki. I found a spot with a fast respawn of a particular mob type so I just left my monk there and he would riposte them down, but that was slow.

There might be 3 or 4 mobs on me at once and it would be better if I paid close attention and used auto attack etc against them, but it was boring. So I thought maybe the tank merc could deal with them so I brought one up. Well...

The tank merc's dps was crappy also, but more importantly it didn't last well at all against them. It's health dropped steadily. I eventually put him back on passive and took over. While on passive it still took forever to regen his health back up, so I dropped him.

My monk was fine, though I might do a mend every once in awhile. I didn't stay that long because over all it was still slow an boring. I was a bit surprised the tank merc was so crappy against this old content, though.

What level?

The mercs came out in SoD and sucked at that content (level 80 to 85). They seem to work a lot better in current content though like any tank (other than monk) need healing. Depending on what the special ability of a named is I often use a tank merc for named. That way I can still use hth instead of 2hb and burn. So Shaman with Tank merc, Monk with Cleric merc.

Rasputyn
01-17-2013, 04:37 PM
1 minute memwipe: Yes
100% success rate: No

Using these will definitely give you some -has fallen to the ground- messages.

Gorkeyah
01-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Tank merc is lvl 100 like me. I'm sure it can tank current content better with healer, but I'm still surprised it's so lacking in regen that it can't keep at it against old junk (lvl 70ish?)

Ishtass
01-17-2013, 07:45 PM
dude fix your signature

Fixated

Nedrom
01-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Fixated

rox

Kaliaila
01-19-2013, 06:13 AM
a) Does it instantly mem wipe on mobs below lvl 35 or so and does it mem wipe on mobs higher than that after 1 min.
I assume yes to both, as I think those are not class-specific processes but mob behaviour code.
b) Is it 100% successful FD (I guess it is)
c) Can you ever not break FD when hit by a spell (I guess no for now, unless used by classes with stonewall type AAs).
a) Correct, they are specific mechanics of how FD works. I feel safe in saying that it would memblur mobs under level 35; and it does memblur after 1 minute mobs who were not memblurred upon FD (at least it did in Beta).

b) I doubt it is a 100% no fail FD. I am sure that it has at the lowest a failure rate equal to what monks, necro's, and SK's do; and at highest the failure rate that the Shaman FD ring has or the Bst AA.

c) If we use it our Stonewall does kick in (I assume the same is true for necro's and SKs), if others use it they are not so lucky.