PDA

View Full Version : What Should I know and do?

Deathhoarder
11-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Ok so I come back to EQ after being gone some odd 2-3 years I think. My Monk is now 72 after one day of xp. Cool. He has I think 600-700AA's. Is there a breakdown list of AA's we should and shouldn't get. Should I go straight levels and then AA's? I quit playing during
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:raid_progression_guide Stage 14 which is Demiplane Tier 2; Theater of Blood. http://eq.magelo.com/profile/810746 seems to be accurate.

So.... What do I do now? How absolutely out of date is my gear for my lvl?

Ughbash
11-15-2012, 09:04 AM
What you do next depends on your play style.

If you are going to be primarily solo then work on AA. Get all your Defensive and offensive maxxed up to your currnet level then level and remax offensive and defensive AA.

If you have guildies and friends who will plevel you, go ahead and level up to 95 or at least 90 and upgrade your gear then work on AA.

If you are going to raid max level then AA (this assumes people to help you level).

Magelo blocked at work, but your gear is likley very old. At level 80 you can get T1 HoT gear which will give you a big boost.

Deathhoarder
11-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks ugg. Not sure what Hot Gear is.. wait think someone said House of Thule in a group last night. I met a few guys, seem nice. So hoping this will stick. Yeah I have like 12.5khp at lvl 72. So many things have changed I've got to find an AA guide somewhere. A gear guide I suppose. And a guide to all these new zones and changes. We've got some kinda appearance armor now or some stuff, I dunno. Also Mercs? lol

Gorkeyah
11-15-2012, 11:16 AM
yes hot refers to house of thule expansion and the gear you can get there. It ranges from about 900hp per piece to about 1400ish for group gear (raid gear is about 2100hp if I remember right). The expansion was for level 85-90, though the first tier gear works on lower levels than that and is tradeable. (There's this concept of attunable gear which isn't no drop until someone equips it for the first time at which point it becomes 'attuned' to that character and can no longer be traded.)

Mercs were introduced with the SoD (Seeds of Destruction lvls 80-85) expansion. You can get them at any level. There's some SoD tasks you would need to do to qualify for the best version of them. They act like an aditional group member and they automatically debit the PP you have on you as payment. How much they charge depends on level. At 95 I think they cost 99pp or so every 10-15min -I forget how often they require payment.

Once you buy a merc, you can use them, or suspend them. When they're suspended, they don't cost you anything and they don't take up a group spot. There are warrior tank mercs, cleric mercs, and dps mercs (rogue and wizard). A monk would use a cleric merc typically.

Xorshaik
11-15-2012, 01:51 PM
I kept seeing that and thinking Halls of Testing

Deathhoarder
11-19-2012, 09:35 PM
THanks Gorkeyah

Kaliaila
11-23-2012, 12:13 AM
Since you are saying you just came back and have not mentioned whether you are subscribed currently or not, it should be noted that Mercenaries are restricted to some degree for those who are not subscribed.
Free/Bronze access (what accounts created on or after March 16, 2012 and have never been subscribed default to) only allows you to make use of Apprentice tier 1 and 2 mercenaries.
Silver access (what all accounts created before March 16, 2012, have been subscribed but subscription ran out, and people who were free but bought the Silver membership, 500SC one time payment, default to) limits you to using Apprentice tiers 1 through 5.
Gold access (accounts which pay a subscription) can use Apprentice as well as Journeyman mercenaries; though only Journeyman tier 1 is accessible without completing tasks and missions in SoD which require level 75 to request.

Also if you are not a Gold account, you will likely see a number of your armor pieces which have a purple background in the slot they are equipped to; this is because the augment in them is Prestige which is currently only useable by Gold accounts. The augments in these pieces (the ones that have red names when you look at their links) are deactivated and do not give you additional stats or benefits. There are a number of defiant augs which you can replace them with as well as a the augments from the various quests in the Hero's Journey Achievements.

Prestige items with the exception of augments, are limited to gear from the top 2 tiers of each of these expansions SoD, UF, HoT, and VoA (when RoF launches it will only have 2 tiers but RoF tier 1 will not be prestige). Prestige items only depend on the tier of the gear, it does not matter if they come from group or raid content; so while HoT T4 group gear is prestige, VoA T1 raid gear is not.

So depending on how you gear up you can actually get around having a full time subscription even if you are a Raider. The reason I say full time subscription is because free and silver accounts have limits on how many AAs you can get (250 and 1000 respectively) while there are AA unlockers; it is far more cost effective to go Gold, AA up and then let it lapse since you do not lose AAs you have bought.

For weapons look into the Crafted weapons I think it would be like Inured or something like that maybe.

Deathhoarder
11-26-2012, 06:31 PM
I went gold I enjoyed it so much. I have some of the T1 HOT armor now. Have bagged my epic 2.0 and the offhand I was using. Got nice hand2hand stuff from HOT Garden and Well I think. I can't find An AA Guide on the forums. Is there one?

Gorkeyah
11-26-2012, 11:47 PM
There has been many AA subjects in the past. Pretty much get everything that sounds like dps. :)

Ughbash
11-27-2012, 09:12 AM
First run Speeed 8.

IF you solo primarilly anything that sounds liked Defensive then anything that sounds like offensive.

If you group primrily anything that sounds like Offensive then everything that sounds like Defensive.

For offensive Fist of steel first then ferocity then Infusion (it is a big help for bursts).

For Defensive Extend inpenetrable, Combat Agility, Combat Stability, Armor of Wisdom.

Xorshaik
12-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Jeez.. Leon augments are prestige items? WTH

Deathhoarder
12-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Thanks Ughbash. I'm at 90 and AA'ing away. Guild keeps raving about these SPIRES