PDA

View Full Version : The Spiroc Lord

Xorshaik
11-14-2012, 07:29 AM
Loooking for some strategy recommendations for the Spiroc Lord. Trying to do interesting old things I can do with my wife as we return to the game after I guess 6 or so years off. We started warrior, cleric and rogue and have them up to level 48, but we're only bringing the warrior along on this one because we're working on his epic and he can take the first DT.

Our main characters are a level 67 monk and a level 75 bard. We went up with a caster DPS merc for the bard, and cleric mercs for the monk and warrior. I'm sure that setup could be improved upon.

The rogue is on the same account as my monk, otherwise everything is on seperate accounts so if it really became necessary I could bring up the cleric (ideally after getting level 50, we got her epic, but the click res needs level 50) so we can battle res.. Last resort

Maybe if we use all warrior mercs so they're anxiously waiting to be next for the DT instead of our regular chars?

Or is there a way of whittling down the supply of spirocs where you can pull anything without getting the spiroc lord or the spiroc guardian (need spiroc guardian to stay up so the spiroc lord will respawn in case needed because he doesn't have the spiroc blade.)

Ughbash
11-14-2012, 08:41 AM
From what I remember......

Huge aggro range expect to get death touched clearing.

When teh mad halfling spawns on deat of sprioc Lord, train him away and have someone hail him to keep him in position. That way he won't spawn every time Spiroc lord does.

Have warrior do intial pull (He will eat DT) then have someone else tag him and let your warrior mercs take over when he is at your camp. You want the camp to be far enough away that when he respaons at shi locaiton eh will not aggro.

I think the DT is every 30 sceonds and the mob has 32k hp so if you can get a higher level toon to go with you to dps it down you should only get the initial DT.

Good Luck on the Light Sabres.

Ishtass
11-14-2012, 11:35 AM
If your monk gets high enough for impen (72), you can solo it easily.

Xorshaik
11-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Just thought I'd update, last night we went in with 75 bard with warrior merc, 67 monk with warrior merc, 48 warrior with cleric merc. Worked good, the 48 warrior was sent in for the first DT and the tank mercs took any other DT that happenned before we killed. Got blade on the 3rd spiroc lord.

Also of interest, for the first pull I sent the 48 warrior in to just pull trash thinking I'd get the Spiroc Lord in the mess... I got everything but the Spiroc Lord and the Spiroc Guardian, so it couldn't have worked better for clearing the island so we could single the Spiroc Lord and have him respawn instantly as much as we want with no fear of chain agro.No idea what I did right or if it was just a fluke, but the other night I tried pulling trash with the 67 monk throwing shurikens. Maybe somehow it made a difference, I walked the warrior up with no range weapons and just waited for an arbitor or something to path, and turned on auto attack.

Ughbash
11-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Gratz

Xorshaik
11-17-2012, 01:28 AM
Ugh.. well, minor turn-in flub. The last piece I needed was the ball of everliving golem. I sent our rogue in to park and watch for golems to spawn, and as it would happen someone else was there after the slime blood for necro epic. And they were due, golems started spawning, the other guy killed fright and there it was - ball of everliving golem. He lets me loot. My rogue was there, no problem, this can be MQ'd.

So I'm doing my turn-ins, and I am on my warrior, I turn in the dragonhead hilt and rejesium ore from the warrior. DOH!

Should've turned in the ball of everliving golem first. Now if I turn it in, then the rogue gets the hilt and I need another ball and all the other stuff.

The other stuff, at least it's not that hard to get. Dreadlands giants for the monocle, and a ground spawn. I put in a petition, but the warrior is on a free account, guessing I won't get help. Can't hurt to try. I'll just have to do the tedius running around the world again I presume.

Only question I have... I'm guessing I need to clear out the turn-in guy's inventory, presumably by killing him... If there's a chance of a GM giving back the items, are they going to care?

(For those unfamiliar with the warrior epic... This is one of 4 turn-ins that result in a piece that goes into a container for the final combine, so if the rogue turned in the ball and got the sword hilt it'd be useless.)

Ishtass
11-18-2012, 01:34 AM
I don't believe killing the npc will drop those items that you gave him. You'll probably have to get them again.

Celephane
11-18-2012, 02:55 PM
That's not what he's saying, he's talking about killing the NPC so the next turn in won't be messed up by turning in the last item and getting the hilt on the wrong toon.

Ishtass
11-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Ah yeah, twould be nice of you