PDA

View Full Version : Needing help

Nedrom
11-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Ok so I just upgraded all my HoT T1 to T4 except for my wrist and hat and to do that I spent 100k :( all the plat I had.

What is the best way to make plat? I've been farming ac augs in my spare time and been selling dropped items to vendors but its extremely slow.

Once I get some more AA I'll start up running Anguish again and selling the 2.0 orbs for a low price which also helped me last year.

Any ideas?

Mris
11-10-2012, 06:49 PM
I made a decent profit in Siren's Grotto when farming for TS supplies. It's easy, decent cash, good trib, but no exp. On the other hand, Fort Mech, Beza, or Mech Guardian are better cash, don't have terrible pathing, and might net you some exp in the deal. (Gyrospires and MG are exp for sure, FM maybe not so much.)

Aggememnon
11-11-2012, 09:59 AM
I've been farming for fear shards in grounds - not terribly successfully. I had a quick count up of gems gathered yesterday, and i have something like 100 diamonds, 60 blue diamonds, 60 dream gems, and 30 fear rubies. Thats roughly 50k pp at an estimate. Thats in 8 x 30 mins session, so over 10k pp per hour. That does not include any TS drops or loot off named (which I ignore). I think thats very decent...

Rten
11-12-2012, 10:26 AM
I am not sure on your server, but on Bristle the fear shards sell high... so I would vote one of the suggested zones where you can get some experience, pp, vendor trash and shards. I think the shards are selling for 20-50k per... but they are silly rare drops.

Another easy check is to see what buyers are paying the most for that is farmable. But I am betting it will be the shards.

Nedrom
11-12-2012, 10:38 AM
I am not sure on your server, but on Bristle the fear shards sell high... so I would vote one of the suggested zones where you can get some experience, pp, vendor trash and shards. I think the shards are selling for 20-50k per... but they are silly rare drops.

Another easy check is to see what buyers are paying the most for that is farmable. But I am betting it will be the shards.

Which zones do they drop in? I haven't seen one drop yet. Do you think I need VoA to see them on the loot table?

Mris
11-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Some friends and I have seen them drop in Valley. Not all that common, but we've gotten 40+ in the past 2 weeks. Granted, we practically lived in Valley during the exp weekend.

Another friend has had some lucky in Bloody Kithicor, but those shards are too low level to be used by a 95. (71-85, I think. Too high to shroud to use them.)

Rten
11-12-2012, 10:42 PM
The shards do not drop in Instances... but I have absolutely seen them in non-voa zones. I was farmign Old Field of Scale the other night and got a few. But you need to either be silly lucky or kill a butt load of mobs to get many. I like Old Field of Scale since on the planes around the dragons, there are a TON of mobs. and I can whirlwind pull, then chain pull till it repops. Whirlwind pulling takes destructive force w/ riposte to work, and even then it is not always easy. I tend to set my merc to passive, burn through em best I can, turn back on merc, then cleanup the leftovers. Then pull in clumps appropriate for your level and armor. I tend to drop merc and pull in 4-8s using 2hb. But I prob have lvl, ac and hps on ya.

I think that the trick is to find mobs that are lvl 81+ so you have a shot at the 81-95 lvl shards... they are the money ones.

Kelefane
11-13-2012, 03:57 AM
yeah, i keep hearing FoS is best bet for shards.

Gorkeyah
11-13-2012, 06:36 AM
You can de-level yourself to 85, use the shards, then vet rez all those corpses back to level 95. I saw someone in my guild do that successfully, but it would make me nervous. heh

Ughbash
11-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Shards do not drop in Instances or indoor zones.

So if you can not ride a mount there you will not get a shard there.

You can shroud down to use any shard other than the 71 - 85 shard.

You can (if you have expedient recovery available) chain kill yourself down to 85, turn in, and then expedient recovery yourself. I would DOUBLE CHECK to make sure it is not greyed out beore deleveling.

It takes 11 shards (any type) to get to Ally, and I think 21 to get max Ally.

Nedrom
11-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the great ideas guys.

Rten
11-13-2012, 12:53 PM
I bound by the quest guy in CoB and pulled a mob to him... then proceeded to chain die down to 85. It is a surprising number of corpses! I bought the lvl 85 max shards in the baz for like 3k a pop. 63K pp was far easier than camping the shards forever! My magebot does not have the Vet AA so I am likely to shard him down to get the max ally.

Kaliaila
11-14-2012, 04:07 AM
The ONLY places that shards do not drop are instances bar none. I have personally gotten shards and seen them drop in dungeons. You can also always shroud down and use a Warrior merc to clean out low level zones. A J5 tank merc at lower levels is almost untouchable.

Ughbash
11-14-2012, 08:35 AM
The ONLY places that shards do not drop are instances bar none. I have personally gotten shards and seen them drop in dungeons. You can also always shroud down and use a Warrior merc to clean out low level zones. A J5 tank merc at lower levels is almost untouchable.

Some "Dungeons" are out door zones.

They do not drop in instances but I am not aware of any dropping in a zone you could not use a mount in.

But the ORIGINAL question asked was where to make plat. Slaughter inside the Mechamatic Guardian. Loot everything, vendor sell it.